Multilateral negotiations with private side-deals: a multiplicity example
We study a multilateral negotiation procedure that allows for "partial agreements" in which responders are told only their own shares. Applications of our model include negotiations under "joint and several liability." Unlike previous models of multilateral bargaining with exit, we find that there are multiple equilibrium outcomes.
Volume (Year): 3 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- VANNETELBOSCH, Vincent J., 1996.
"Rationalizability and Equilibrium in N-Person Sequential Bargaining,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1996041, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Vincent J. Vannetelbosch, 1999. "Rationalizability and equilibrium in N-person sequential bargaining," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 14(2), pages 353-371.
- VANNETELBOSCH, Vincent J., . "Rationalizability and equilibrium in N-person sequential bargaining," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1421, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Baliga Sandeep & Serrano Roberto, 1995.
"Multilateral Bargaining with Imperfect Information,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 578-589, December.
- Baliga, S. & Serrano, R., 1993. "Multilateral Bargaining With Imperfect Information," Papers 193, Cambridge - Risk, Information & Quantity Signals.
- Ariel Rubinstein, 2010.
"Perfect Equilibrium in a Bargaining Model,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
661465000000000387, David K. Levine.
- Martin J. Osborne & Ariel Rubinstein, 2005. "Bargaining and Markets," Levine's Bibliography 666156000000000515, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Vijay Krishna & Roberto Serrano, 1996. "Multilateral Bargaining," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 63(1), pages 61-80.
- Baliga, S. & Serrano, R., 1995.
"Negotiations with Side-Deals,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
9510, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Haller, Hans, 1986. "Non-cooperative bargaining of N [ges] 3 players," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 11-13.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-01c70003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.