Program-Evaluation Criteria Applied to Pay Equity in Ontario
The Ontario experience with respect to pay equity is evaluated based on a set of program-evaluation citeria. Such criteria are informative in their own right, but they also provide a systematic way of categorizing the issues that are involved in evaluating pay equity in general, with the Ontario experience providing a useful illustration of the evaluation principles. The program-evaluation criteria are first outlined, with an application to pay equity in general and the Ontario experience in particular. Illustrations from some case studies are used to highlight some of the program-evaluation issues. The paper concludes with a discussion of lessons that can be learned from the Ontario experience.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 28 (2002)
Issue (Month): s1 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: University of Toronto Press Journals Division 5201 Dufferin Street Toronto, Ontario, Canada M3H 5T8|
Web page: http://economics.ca/cpp/
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.utpjournals.com/cpp/ Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert S. Smith, 1988. "Comparable Worth: Limited Coverage and the Exacerbation of Inequality," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 41(2), pages 227-239, January.
- Roberta Edgecombe Robb, 1987. "Equal Pay for Work of Equal Value: Issues and Policies," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 13(4), pages 445-461, December.
- Judith A. McDonald & Robert J. Thornton, 1998. "Private-Sector Experience with Pay Equity in Ontario," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 24(2), pages 185-208, June.
- Orazem, Peter F & Mattila, J Peter, 1998.
"Male-Female Supply to State Government Jobs and Comparable Worth,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 95-121, January.
- Orazem, Peter & Mattila, J. Peter, 1998. "Male-Female Supply to State Government Jobs and Comparable Worth," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10492, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Morley Gunderson, 2002. "The Evolution and Mechanics of Pay Equity in Ontario," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 28(s1), pages 117-131, May.
- Gunderson, Morley, 1975. "Male-Female Wage Differentials and the Impact of Equal Pay Legislation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 57(4), pages 462-469, November.
- Nicole M. Fortin & Michael Baker, 1999. "Women's Wages in Women's Work: A U.S./Canada Comparison of the Roles of Unions and "Public Goods" Sector Jobs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 198-203, May.
- Michael Baker & Nicole M. Fortin, 1999. "Women's Wages in Women's Work: A US/Canada Comparison of the Roles of Unions and Public Goods Sector Jobs," CIRANO Working Papers 99s-02, CIRANO.