Subjective Performance Evaluation and Gender Discrimination
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Baker, George P & Jensen, Michael C & Murphy, Kevin J, 1988. " Compensation and Incentives: Practice vs. Theory," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(3), pages 593-616, July.
- Francine D. Blau & Lawrence M. Kahn, 2006.
"The U.S. Gender Pay Gap in the 1990S: Slowing Convergence,"
Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 60(1), pages 45-66, October.
- Francine D. Blau & Lawrence M. Kahn, 2004. "The US Gender Pay Gap in the 1990s: Slowing Convergence," NBER Working Papers 10853, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blau, Francine D. & Kahn, Lawrence M., 2006. "The U.S. Gender Pay Gap in the 1990s: Slowing Convergence," IZA Discussion Papers 2176, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Francine D. Blau & Lawrence M. Kahn, 2006. "The US Gender Pay Gap in the 1990s: Slowing Convergence," Working Papers 887, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Geert Demuijnck, 2009. "Non-Discrimination in Human Resources Management as a Moral Obligation," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 88(1), pages 83-101, August.
- John S. Heywood & Patrick L. O’Halloran, 2005. "Racial Earnings Differentials and Performance Pay," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 40(2).
- Heywood, John S. & Wei, Xiangdong, 1997. "Piece-Rate Payment Schemes and the Employment of Women: The Case of Hong Kong," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 237-255, October.
- George Baker & Robert Gibbons & Kevin J. Murphy, 1994. "Subjective Performance Measures in Optimal Incentive Contracts," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(4), pages 1125-1156.
- Moers, Frank, 2005. "Discretion and bias in performance evaluation: the impact of diversity and subjectivity," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 67-80, January.
- Uwe Jirjahn & Gesine Stephan, 2004. "Gender, piece rates and wages: evidence from matched employer--employee data," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(5), pages 683-704, September.
- Prendergast, Canice & Topel, Robert, 1993. "Discretion and bias in performance evaluation," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 355-365, April.
- Gunderson, Morley, 1975. "Male-Female Wage Differentials and the Impact of Equal Pay Legislation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 57(4), pages 462-469, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anica Rose, 2017. "Subjective Appraisals of Employee Potential: Do Gender and Managerial Level Matter?," Working Papers Dissertations 22, Paderborn University, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics.
- John S. Heywood & Uwe Jirjahn, 2014.
"Variable Pay, Industrial Relations and Foreign Ownership: Evidence from Germany,"
British Journal of Industrial Relations,
London School of Economics, vol. 52(3), pages 521-552, September.
- John S. Heywood & Uwe Jirjahn, 2011. "Variable Pay, Industrial Relations and Foreign Ownership: Evidence from Germany," Research Papers in Economics 2011-05, University of Trier, Department of Economics.
- Jirjahn, Uwe & Heywood, John S., 2013. "Variable Pay, Industrial Relations and Foreign Ownership: Evidence from Germany," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79829, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Uwe Jirjahn, 2011.
"Gender, Worker Representation and the Profitability of Firms in Germany,"
European Journal of Comparative Economics,
Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 8(2), pages 281-298, December.
- Uwe Jirjahn, 2011. "Gender, Worker Representation and the Profitability of Firms in Germany," Research Papers in Economics 2011-06, University of Trier, Department of Economics.
- Katarzyna Bech & Joanna Tyrowicz, 2017. "Estimating gender wage gap in the presence of efficiency wages -- evidence from European data," GRAPE Working Papers 20, GRAPE Group for Research in Applied Economics.
- Uwe Jirjahn & Erik Poutsma, 2013.
"The Use of Performance Appraisal Systems: Evidence from Dutch Establishment Data,"
Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(4), pages 801-828, October.
- Uwe Jirjahn & Erik Poutsma, 2011. "The Use of Performance Appraisal Systems: Evidence from Dutch Establishment Data," Research Papers in Economics 2011-02, University of Trier, Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordsperformance appraisal; subjectivity; gender; sex bias;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:101:y:2011:i:4:p:667-681. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.