Monetary Policy in Colombia
This article is a historical account of monetary policy inColombia. Since it is an account of monetary policy in anopen economy, the emphasis is on the concepts of the“trilema” of monetary policy, nominal anchor, and monetaryregimes. In addition, the account includes the current periodof inflation targeting regime, presents the academicantecedents and the definition of inflation targeting, anddescribes the current characteristics of this regime in Co-lombia. The main policy implication is that the mostimportant requirement for maintaining price stability is forthe Banco de la República to keep the inflation target firm, and, steerinterest rates to meet the inflation objective in the face of increases ininflation caused by demand pressure, devaluation and increases in the in-flation of food prices.
Volume (Year): (2006)
Issue (Month): ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Milton Friedman & Anna J. Schwartz, 1963. "A Monetary History of the United States, 1867–1960," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie63-1, August.
- Leonardo Villar & Hernán Rincón, 2000.
"The Colombian Economy In The Nineties: Capital Flows And Foreign Exchange Regimes,"
BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA
003575, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Leonardo Villar & Hernán Rincón, . "The Colombian Economy in the nineties: Capital Flows and Foreign Exchange Regimes," Borradores de Economia 149, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1980. "Two Illustrations of the Quantity Theory of Money," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(5), pages 1005-14, December.
- Miguel Urrutia, .
"UNA VISION ALTERNATIVA: La Política Monetaria y Cambiaria en la Ültima Década,"
Borradores de Economia
207, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Miguel Urrutia, 2002. "UNA VISIÓN ALTERNATIVA: La Política Monetaria y Cambiaria en la Última Década," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 003731, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Levy-Yeyati, Eduardo & Sturzenegger, Federico, 2005. "Classifying exchange rate regimes: Deeds vs. words," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(6), pages 1603-1635, August.
- Bofinger, Peter, 2001. "Monetary Policy: Goals, Institutions, Strategies, and Instruments," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199248568, March.
- Edwin M. Truman, 2003. "Inflation Targeting in the World Economy," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 346, December.
- Barry Eichengreen, 2004. "Capital Flows and Crises," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262550598, June.
- Laurence Ball & Niamh Sheridan, 2004.
"Does inflation targeting matter?,"
DNB Staff Reports (discontinued)
118, Netherlands Central Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:col:000107:003249. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Espe)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.