Monetary Policy in Colombia
This article is a historical account of monetary policy inColombia. Since it is an account of monetary policy in anopen economy, the emphasis is on the concepts of the“trilema” of monetary policy, nominal anchor, and monetaryregimes. In addition, the account includes the current periodof inflation targeting regime, presents the academicantecedents and the definition of inflation targeting, anddescribes the current characteristics of this regime in Co-lombia. The main policy implication is that the mostimportant requirement for maintaining price stability is forthe Banco de la República to keep the inflation target firm, and, steerinterest rates to meet the inflation objective in the face of increases ininflation caused by demand pressure, devaluation and increases in the in-flation of food prices.
Volume (Year): 24 (2006)
Issue (Month): 50 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Laurence M. Ball & Niamh Sheridan, 2004.
"Does Inflation Targeting Matter?,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Inflation-Targeting Debate, pages 249-282
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laurence Ball & Niamh Sheridan, 2003. "Does Inflation Targeting Matter?," NBER Working Papers 9577, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laurence Ball & Niamh Sheridan, 2004. "Does inflation targeting matter?," DNB Staff Reports (discontinued) 118, Netherlands Central Bank.
- Niamh Sheridan & Laurence M. Ball, 2003. "Does Inflation Targeting Matter?," IMF Working Papers 03/129, International Monetary Fund.
- Miguel Urrutia, 2002. "UNA VISION ALTERNATIVA: La Política Monetaria y Cambiaria en la Ültima Década," Borradores de Economia 207, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Miguel Urrutia, 2002. "UNA VISIÓN ALTERNATIVA: La Política Monetaria y Cambiaria en la Última Década," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 003731, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Bofinger, Peter, 2001. "Monetary Policy: Goals, Institutions, Strategies, and Instruments," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199248568, April.
- Morris Goldstein, 2002. "Managed Floating Plus," Peterson Institute Press: Policy Analyses in International Economics, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa66.
- Morris Goldstein, 2002. "Managed Floating Plus," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa66, 03.
- Edwin M. Truman, 2003. "Inflation Targeting in the World Economy," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 346, 03.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1980. "Two Illustrations of the Quantity Theory of Money," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(5), pages 1005-1014, December.
- Leonardo Villar & Hernán Rincón, 2000. "The Colombian Economy In The Nineties: Capital Flows And Foreign Exchange Regimes," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 003575, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Leonardo Villar & Hernán Rincón, 2000. "The Colombian Economy in the nineties: Capital Flows and Foreign Exchange Regimes," Borradores de Economia 149, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Barry Eichengreen, 2004. "Capital Flows and Crises," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262550598.
- Levy-Yeyati, Eduardo & Sturzenegger, Federico, 2005. "Classifying exchange rate regimes: Deeds vs. words," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(6), pages 1603-1635, August.
- Milton Friedman & Anna J. Schwartz, 1963. "A Monetary History of the United States, 1867–1960," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie63-1.
- Corrinne Ho & Robert N. McCauley, 2003. "Living with flexible exchange rates: issues and recent experience in inflation targeting emerging market economies," BIS Working Papers 130, Bank for International Settlements.
- Kenneth N Kuttner, 2004. "A Snapshot of Inflation Targeting in its Adolescence," RBA Annual Conference Volume, in: Christopher Kent & Simon Guttmann (ed.), The Future of Inflation Targeting Reserve Bank of Australia. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)