Net Neutrality and Investment in the US: A Review of Evidence from the 2018 Restoring Internet Freedom Order
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Joshua D. Angrist & Jörn-Steffen Pischke, 2009. "Mostly Harmless Econometrics: An Empiricist's Companion," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8769.
- Meyer, Bruce D, 1995. "Natural and Quasi-experiments in Economics," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 13(2), pages 151-161, April.
- Randolph Beard, T. & Ford, George S. & Kim, Hyeongwoo, 2014.
"Capital investment and employment in the information sector,"
Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 371-382.
- T. Randolph Beard & George Ford & Hyeongwoo Kim, 2013. "Capital Investment and Employment in the Information Sector," Auburn Economics Working Paper Series auwp2013-14, Department of Economics, Auburn University.
- Hazlett Thomas W. & Caliskan Anil, 2008. "Natural Experiments in U.S. Broadband Regulation," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 7(4), pages 1-21, December.
- George S. Ford, 2018. "Regulation and investment in the U.S. telecommunications industry," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(56), pages 6073-6084, December.
- Alberto Abadie & Alexis Diamond & Jens Hainmueller, 2015. "Comparative Politics and the Synthetic Control Method," American Journal of Political Science, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 59(2), pages 495-510, February.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Briglauer, Wolfgang & Stocker, Volker & Stockhammer, Paul, 2019. "Ist Netzneutralität tatsächlich gut? Eine Neubewertung vor dem Hintergrund der Regulierung in den USA und in der EU sowie aktueller Forschungsergebnisse," Policy Notes 38, EcoAustria – Institute for Economic Research.
- Peter Backus & Thien Nguyen, 2021. "The Effect of the Sex Buyer Law on the Market for Sex, Sexual Health and Sexual Violence," Economics Discussion Paper Series 2106, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Hao, Shiming, 2021. "True structure change, spurious treatment effect? A novel approach to disentangle treatment effects from structure changes," MPRA Paper 108679, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Johanna Catherine Maclean & Brendan Saloner, 2018.
"Substance Use Treatment Provider Behavior and Healthcare Reform: Evidence from Massachusetts,"
Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(1), pages 76-101, January.
- Johanna Catherine Maclean & Brendan Saloner, 2015. "Substance Use Treatment Provider Behavior and Healthcare Reform: Evidence from Massachusetts," DETU Working Papers 1511, Department of Economics, Temple University.
- Joshua D. Angrist & Jörn-Steffen Pischke, 2010.
"The Credibility Revolution in Empirical Economics: How Better Research Design Is Taking the Con out of Econometrics,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 24(2), pages 3-30, Spring.
- Joshua D. Angrist & Jörn-Steffen Pischke, 2010. "The Credibility Revolution in Empirical Economics: How Better Research Design is Taking the Con out of Econometrics," RatSWD Working Papers 142, German Data Forum (RatSWD).
- Angrist, Joshua & Pischke, Jörn-Steffen, 2010. "The Credibility Revolution in Empirical Economics: How Better Research Design Is Taking the Con out of Econometrics," IZA Discussion Papers 4800, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Joshua D. Angrist & Jörn-Steffen Pischke, 2010. "The Credibility Revolution in Empirical Economics: How Better Research Design is taking the Con out of Econometrics," CEP Discussion Papers dp0976, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Angrist, Joshua D. & Pischke, Jörn-Steffen, 2010. "The credibility revolution in empirical economics: how better research design is taking the con out of econometrics," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 48898, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Joshua Angrist & Jörn-Steffen Pischke, 2010. "The Credibility Revolution in Empirical Economics: How Better Research Design is Taking the Con out of Econometrics," NBER Working Papers 15794, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anirudh Shingal & Prachi Agarwal, 2020. "How did trade in GVC-based products respond to previous health shocks? Lessons for COVID-19," RSCAS Working Papers 2020/68, European University Institute.
- Ana Albuquerque & Julie Lei Zhu, 2019. "Has Section 404 of the Sarbanes–Oxley Act Discouraged Corporate Investment? New Evidence from a Natural Experiment," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 65(7), pages 3423-3446, July.
- Alexander S. Skorobogatov, 2021. "The effect of alcohol sales restrictions on alcohol poisoning mortality: Evidence from Russia," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(6), pages 1417-1442, June.
- Kai Priesack, 2015. "Employment consequences of changes in dismissal protection: Evidence from a 2004 German reform," Working Papers 2015012, Berlin Doctoral Program in Economics and Management Science (BDPEMS).
- Gamble, Edward & Caton, Gary & Aujogue, Kelig & Lee, Yen Teik, 2020. "Problems with crisis intervention: When the government wants to restrain big banks but punishes small businesses instead," Journal of Business Venturing Insights, Elsevier, vol. 14(C).
- Atack, Jeremy & Margo, Robert, 2011.
"The Impact of Access to Rail Transportation on Agricultural Improvement: The American Midwest as a Test Case, 1850-1860,"
The Journal of Transport and Land Use, Center for Transportation Studies, University of Minnesota, vol. 4(2), pages 5-18.
- Robert A. Margo & Jeremy Atack, 2010. "The Impact of Access to Rail Transportation on Agricultural Improvement: The American Midwest as a Test Case, 1850-1860," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2010-026, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Giuseppe Moscelli & Hugh Gravelle & Luigi Siciliani, 2018.
"Effects of Market Structure and Patient Choice on Hospital Quality for Planned Patients,"
School of Economics Discussion Papers
1118, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Giuseppe Moscelli & Hugh Gravelle & Luigi Siciliani, 2019. "Effects of market structure and patient choice on hospital quality for planned patients," Working Papers 162cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Tsai, Alexander C. & Burns, Bridget F.O., 2015. "Syndemics of psychosocial problems and HIV risk: A systematic review of empirical tests of the disease interaction concept," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 139(C), pages 26-35.
- Michelle C Kondo & Danya Keene & Bernadette C Hohl & John M MacDonald & Charles C Branas, 2015. "A Difference-In-Differences Study of the Effects of a New Abandoned Building Remediation Strategy on Safety," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 10(7), pages 1-14, July.
- Markku Maula & Wouter Stam, 2020. "Enhancing Rigor in Quantitative Entrepreneurship Research," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 44(6), pages 1059-1090, November.
- Douglas Almond & Yi Cheng, 2020. "Perinatal Health among 1 Million Chinese-Americans," NBER Working Papers 27775, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jones, Benjamin A., 2016. "Work more and play less? Time use impacts of changing ecosystem services: The case of the invasive emerald ash borer," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 49-58.
- Canavire-Bacarreza, Gustavo & Hanauer, Merlin M., 2013.
"Estimating the Impacts of Bolivia’s Protected Areas on Poverty,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 265-285.
- Gustavo Canavire-Bacarreza & Merlin M. Hanauer, 2012. "Estimating the Impacts of Bolivia's Protected Areas on Poverty," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1208, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Canavire Bacarreza, Gustavo J & Hanauer, Merlin M., 2012. "Estimating the Impacts of Bolivia's Protected Areas on Poverty," IZA Discussion Papers 6341, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Gustavo Canavire-Bacarreza & Merlin M. Hanauer, 2012. "Estimating the Impacts of Bolivia's Protected Areas on Poverty," Working Papers 201231, Latin American and Caribbean Environmental Economics Program, revised 2012.
- Wu, Guangzhen & Wen, Ming & Wilson, Fernando A., 2021. "Impact of recreational marijuana legalization on crime: Evidence from Oregon," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 72(C).
- Tobias A. Jopp, 2018. "On the economics of forced labour. Did the employment of Prisoners-of-War depress German coal mining productivity in World War I?," Working Papers 0132, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
More about this item
KeywordsNet Neutrality; investment; regulation; counterfactual; Federal Communications Commission;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:rneart:v:17:y:2018:i:3:p:175-205:n:2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Peter Golla (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.