Private Regulation in the Global Economy: A (P)Review
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tim Büthe & Walter Mattli, 2011. "The New Global Rulers: The Privatization of Regulation in the World Economy," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 9470.
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, January.
- Concepcion Verdugo, 2008. "International standards in anti-money laundering and combating the terrorist financing regulation: compliance and strategy changes," Global Business and Economics Review, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 10(3), pages 353-378.
- Starobin Shana & Weinthal Erika, 2010. "The Search for Credible Information in Social and Environmental Global Governance: The Kosher Label," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 12(3), pages 1-37, October.
- Paul R. Milgrom & Douglass C. North & Barry R. Weingast, 1990. "The Role Of Institutions In The Revival Of Trade: The Law Merchant, Private Judges, And The Champagne Fairs," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(1), pages 1-23, March.
- Auld, Graeme & Cashore, Benjamin & Balboa, Cristina & Bozzi, Laura & Renckens, Stefan, 2010. "Can Technological Innovations Improve Private Regulation in the Global Economy?," Business and Politics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(03), pages 1-39, October.
- Murphy, Dale D., 2004. "The Structure of Regulatory Competition: Corporations and Public Policies in a Global Economy," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199267514.
- Kindleberger, Charles P, 1983. "Standards as Public, Collective and Private Goods," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(3), pages 377-396.
- Heritier, Adrienne & Mueller-Debus, Anna K. & Thauer, Christian R., 2009. "The Firm as an Inspector: Private Ordering and Political Rules," Business and Politics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(04), pages 1-32, December.
- Auld Graeme & Cashore Benjamin & Balboa Cristina & Bozzi Laura & Renckens Stefan, 2010. "Can Technological Innovations Improve Private Regulation in the Global Economy?," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 12(3), pages 1-42, October.
- Sunder, Shyam, 2002.
"Regulatory competition among accounting standards within and across international boundaries,"
Journal of Accounting and Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 219-234.
- Shyam Sunder & Journal Accounting, 2002. "Regulatory Competition Among Accounting Standards Within and Across International Boundaries," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm317, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Feb 2003.
- Taylor, Peter Leigh, 2005. "In the Market But Not of It: Fair Trade Coffee and Forest Stewardship Council Certification as Market-Based Social Change," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 129-147, January.
- Fuchs Doris & Kalfagianni Agni, 2010. "The Causes and Consequences of Private Food Governance," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 12(3), pages 1-36, October.
- Locke, Richard M. & Qin, Fei & Brause, Alberto, 2007. "Does monitoring improve labor standards? Lessons from Nike," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 59405, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Brown Dana L & Vetterlein Antje & Roemer-Mahler Anne, 2010. "Theorizing Transnational Corporations as Social Actors: An Analysis of Corporate Motivations," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 12(1), pages 1-39, April.
- Richard M. Locke & Fei Qin & Alberto Brause, 2007. "Does Monitoring Improve Labor Standards? Lessons from Nike," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 61(1), pages 3-31, October.
- Moe, Terry M, 1990. "Political Institutions: The Neglected Side of the Story," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(0), pages 213-253.
- David P. Baron, 2001. "Private Politics, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Integrated Strategy," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(1), pages 7-45, March.
- Balleisen, Edward J., 2009. "Private Cops on the Fraud Beat: The Limits of American Business Self-Regulation, 1895-1932," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 83(01), pages 113-160, March.
- Cafaggi Fabrizio & Janczuk Agnieszka, 2010. "Private Regulation and Legal Integration: The European Example," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 12(3), pages 1-42, October.
- Bartley, Tim, 2010. "Transnational Private Regulation in Practice: The Limits of Forest and Labor Standards Certification in Indonesia," Business and Politics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(03), pages 1-34, October.
- Camfferman, Kees & Zeff, Stephen A., 2007. "Financial Reporting and Global Capital Markets: A History of the International Accounting Standards Committee, 1973-2000," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199296293.
- Oren Gazal-Ayal, 2007. "Economic analysis of standard form contracts: the monopoly case," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 24(2), pages 119-136, October.
- Ruggie, John Gerard, 2004. "Reconstituting the Global Public Domain: Issues, Actors and Practices," Working Paper Series rwp04-031, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- George A. Akerlof, 1970. "The Market for "Lemons": Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500.
- Edward J. Balleisen, 2009. "Private Cops on the Fraud Beat: The Limits of American Business Self-Regulation,1895-1932," Business History Review, Harvard Business School, vol. 83(1), pages 113-160, March.
- Kathleen R. McNamara, 1999. "Consensus and Constraint: Ideas and Capital Mobility in European Monetary Integration," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(3), pages 455-476, September.
- Martinez-Diaz Leonardo, 2005. "Strategic Experts and Improvising Regulators: Explaining the IASC's Rise to Global Influence, 1973-2001," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 7(3), pages 1-28, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thomas Hale & David Held & Kevin Young, 2013. "Gridlock: From Self-reinforcing Interdependence to Second-order Cooperation Problems," Global Policy, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 4(3), pages 223-235, September.
- Anne van Aaken & Janis Antonovics & Anne Aaken, 2016. "Is International Law Conducive To Preventing Looming Disasters?," Global Policy, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 7, pages 81-96, May.
- repec:bla:glopol:v:8:y:2017:i::p:5-14 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:buspol:v:12:y:2010:i:3:n:2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla). General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.