Temporal disaggregation of economic time series: The view from the trenches
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Roberto S. Mariano & Yasutomo Murasawa, 2003. "A new coincident index of business cycles based on monthly and quarterly series," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(4), pages 427-443.
- Maravall, Agustin, 2006.
"An application of the TRAMO-SEATS automatic procedure; direct versus indirect adjustment,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 50(9), pages 2167-2190, May.
- Agustín Maravall, 2005. "An application of the Tramo Seats automatic procedure; direct versus indirect adjustment," Working Papers 0524, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Di Fonzo, Tommaso, 1990. "The Estimation of M Disaggregate Time Series When Contemporaneous and Temporal Aggregates Are Known," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(1), pages 178-182, February.
- Marco Marini, 2016. "Nowcasting Annual National Accounts with Quarterly Indicators; An Assessment of Widely Used Benchmarking Methods," IMF Working Papers 16/71, International Monetary Fund.
- Baoline Chen, 2007. "An Empirical Comparison of Methods for Temporal Distribution and Interpolation at the National Accounts," BEA Papers 0077, Bureau of Economic Analysis.
- Frank Schorfheide & Dongho Song, 2015.
"Real-Time Forecasting With a Mixed-Frequency VAR,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(3), pages 366-380, July.
- Frank Schorfheide & Dongho Song, 2012. "Real-time forecasting with a mixed-frequency VAR," Working Papers 701, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, revised 2012.
- Frank Schorfheide & Dongho Song, 2013. "Real-Time Forecasting with a Mixed-Frequency VAR," NBER Working Papers 19712, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Litterman, Robert B, 1983.
"A Random Walk, Markov Model for the Distribution of Time Series,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 1(2), pages 169-173, April.
- Robert B. Litterman, 1983. "A random walk, Markov model for the distribution of time series," Staff Report 84, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Tommaso Proietti, 2006.
"Temporal disaggregation by state space methods: Dynamic regression methods revisited,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 9(3), pages 357-372, November.
- Tommaso Proietti, 2004. "Temporal Disaggregation by State Space Methods: Dynamic Regression Methods Revisited," Econometrics 0411011, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Milton Friedman, 1962. "Introduction to "The Interpolation of Time Series by Related Series"," NBER Chapters, in: The Interpolation of Time Series by Related Series, pages 1-3, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tommaso Di Fonzo & Marco Marini, 2011. "Simultaneous and two‐step reconciliation of systems of time series: methodological and practical issues," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series C, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 60(2), pages 143-164, March.
- Baoline Chen, 2012. "A Balanced System of U.S. Industry Accounts and Distribution of the Aggregate Statistical Discrepancy by Industry," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(2), pages 202-211, February.
- Milton Friedman, 1962. "The Interpolation of Time Series by Related Series," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie62-1, March.
- Víctor Guerrero & Fabio Nieto, 1999. "Temporal and contemporaneous disaggregation of multiple economic time series," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 8(2), pages 459-489, December.
- Chow, Gregory C & Lin, An-loh, 1971.
"Best Linear Unbiased Interpolation, Distribution, and Extrapolation of Time Series by Related Series,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 53(4), pages 372-375, November.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "DISAGGREGATE: RATS procedure to implement general disaggregation (interpolation/distribution) procedure," Statistical Software Components RTS00050, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "CHOWLIN: RATS procedure to distribute a series to a higher frequency using related series," Statistical Software Components RTS00036, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Sax, Christoph & Steiner, Peter, 2013. "Temporal Disaggregation of Time Series," MPRA Paper 53389, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marcellino, Massimiliano, 1999. "Some Consequences of Temporal Aggregation in Empirical Analysis," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 17(1), pages 129-136, January.
- Marco Marini & Tommaso Di Fonzo, 2012. "On the Extrapolation with the Denton Proportional Benchmarking Method," IMF Working Papers 12/169, International Monetary Fund.
- Rossi, Nicola, 1982. "A Note on the Estimation of Disaggregate Time Series When the Aggregate Is Known," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 64(4), pages 695-696, November.
- Manik L. Shrestha & Marco Marini, 2013. "Quarterly GDP Revisions in G-20 Countries; Evidence from the 2008 Financial Crisis," IMF Working Papers 13/60, International Monetary Fund.
- Reinier Bikker & Jacco Daalmans & Nino Mushkudiani, 2013. "Benchmarking Large Accounting Frameworks: A Generalized Multivariate Model," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(4), pages 390-408, December.
- van der Ploeg, Frederick, 1985. "Econometrics and inconsistencies in the national accounts," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 8-16, January.
- Guay, Alain & Maurin, Alain, 2015. "Disaggregation methods based on MIDAS regression," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 123-129.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:stanee:v:72:y:2018:i:4:p:447-470. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0039-0402 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.