Product boundary, vertical competition, and the double mark-upproblem
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bresnahan, Timothy F & Greenstein, Shane, 1999.
"Technological Competition and the Structure of the Computer Industry,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 1-40, March.
- Timothy F. Bresnahan & Shane Greenstein, 1997. "Technological Competition and the Structure of the Computer Industry," Working Papers 97028, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Farrell, Joseph & Katz, Michael L, 2000.
"Innovation, Rent Extraction, and Integration in Systems Markets,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(4), pages 413-432, December.
- Farrell, Joseph & Katz, Michael, 2000. "Innovation, Rent Extraction, and Integration in Systems Markets," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt15k4v7xb, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Joseph Farrell & Michael L. Katz, 2003. "Innovation, Rent Extraction, and Integration in Systems Markets," Development and Comp Systems 0303005, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Joseph Farrell and Michael L. Katz., 2000. "Innovation, Rent Extraction, and Integration in Systems Markets," Economics Working Papers E00-286, University of California at Berkeley.
- Farrell, Joseph & Katz, Michael, 2000. "Innovation, Rent Extraction, and Integration in Systems Markets," Competition Policy Center, Working Paper Series qt1441h2tj, Competition Policy Center, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Joseph Farrell & Michael L. Katz, 2001. "Innovation, Rent Extraction, and Integration in Systems Markets," Industrial Organization 0012001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Whinston, Michael D, 1990. "Tying, Foreclosure, and Exclusion," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(4), pages 837-859, September.
- Mussa, Michael & Rosen, Sherwin, 1978. "Monopoly and product quality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 301-317, August.
- Jean J. Gabszewicz & Xavier Y. Wauthy, 2003.
"The option of joint purchase in vertically differentiated markets,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 22(4), pages 817-829, November.
- GABSZEWICZ, Jean J. & WAUTHY, Xavier Y., 2001. "The option of joint purchase in vertically differentiated markets," CORE Discussion Papers 2001013, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- GABSZEWICZ, Jean J. & WAUTHY, Xavier Y., 2003. "The option of joint purchase in vertically differentiated markets," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1667, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Josh Lerner & Jean Tirole, 2004. "Efficient Patent Pools," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(3), pages 691-711, June.
- Barry Nalebuff, 2004. "Bundling as an Entry Barrier," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 119(1), pages 159-187.
- Choi, Jay Pil & Stefanadis, Christodoulos, 2001. "Tying, Investment, and the Dynamic Leverage Theory," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 32(1), pages 52-71, Spring.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Duarte Brito & Margarida Catalão-Lopes, 2010. "Mergers Of Producers Of Complements: How Autonomous Markets Change The Price Effects," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 78(1), pages 60-75, January.
- Takanori Adachi & Takeshi Ebina, 2014. "Complementing Cournot’s analysis of complements: unidirectional complementarity and mergers," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 111(3), pages 239-261, April.
- Ramon Casadesus-Masanell & Barry Nalebuff & David B. Yoffie, 2007. "Competing Complements," Working Papers 07-44, NET Institute, revised Nov 2007.
- Takanori Adachi & Takeshi Ebina & Makoto Hanazono, 2011. "Option Package Bundling," KIER Working Papers 785, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Thomas D. Jeitschko & Yeonjei Jung & Jaesoo Kim, 2017. "Bundling and joint marketing by rival firms," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(3), pages 571-589, September.
- Cheng Leonard K & Nahm Jae, 2010. "Asymmetric Complementary Goods Pricing under Sequential Moves," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-22, May.
- Gans, Joshua S., 2011. "Remedies for tying in computer applications," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 505-512, September.
- Taylan Yalcin & Elie Ofek & Oded Koenigsberg & Eyal Biyalogorsky, 2013. "Complementary Goods: Creating, Capturing, and Competing for Value," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(4), pages 554-569, July.
- Packalen, Mikko, 2010. "Complements and potential competition," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 244-253, May.
- Vladimir I. Soloviev & Natalia A. Iliina & Marina V. Samoyavcheva, 2009. "Cournot Equilibrium In A Model Of Hardware And Software Manufacturersâ€™ Interaction," Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica, Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia, vol. 1(11), pages 1-4.
- repec:bla:manchs:v:85:y:2017:i:1:p:13-40 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lleras, Juan S. & Miller, Nathan H., 2011. "The entry incentives of complementary producers: A simple model with implications for antitrust policy," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 110(2), pages 147-150, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:randje:v:38:y:2007:i:2:p:447-466. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/randdus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.