The implications of passive investing for securities markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Blake, Christopher R & Elton, Edwin J & Gruber, Martin J, 1993. "The Performance of Bond Mutual Funds," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66(3), pages 370-403, July.
- repec:bis:bisqtr:0309h is not listed on IDEAS
- Robin Greenwood, 2008. "Excess Comovement of Stock Returns: Evidence from Cross-Sectional Variation in Nikkei 225 Weights," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 21(3), pages 1153-1186, May.
- repec:eee:jfinec:v:126:y:2017:i:3:p:592-613 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cremers, Martijn & Ferreira, Miguel A. & Matos, Pedro & Starks, Laura, 2016. "Indexing and active fund management: International evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(3), pages 539-560.
- repec:eee:inecon:v:108:y:2017:i:c:p:413-430 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ken Miyajima & Ilhyock Shim, 2014. "Asset managers in emerging market economies," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, September.
- Stijn Claessens & Yishay Yafeh, 2013. "Comovement of Newly Added Stocks with National Market Indices: Evidence from Around the World," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 17(1), pages 203-227.
- Raddatz, Claudio & Schmukler, Sergio L. & Williams, Tomás, 2017.
"International asset allocations and capital flows: The benchmark effect,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 413-430.
- Raddatz, Claudio & Schmukler, Sergio L. & Williams, Tomas, 2014. "International asset allocations and capital flows : the benchmark effect," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6866, The World Bank.
- Claudio Raddatz & Sergio L. Schmukler & Tomas Williams, 2015. "International Asset Allocations and Capital Flows: The Benchmark Effect," Working Papers 042015, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Tomas Williams & Claudio Raddatz & Sergio L. Schmukler, 2017. "International Asset Allocations and Capital Flows: The Benchmark Effect," Working Papers 2017-10, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Claudio Raddatz & Sergio Luis Schmukler & Tomas Williams, 2017. "International Asset Allocations and Capital Flows: The Benchmark Effect," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 141, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Pruitt, Stephen W & Wei, K C John, 1989. " Institutional Ownership and Changes in the S&P 500," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(2), pages 509-513, June.
- Eric Chan & Michael Chui & Frank Packer & Eli Remolona, 2012. "Local currency bond markets and the Asian Bond Fund 2 Initiative," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Weathering financial crises: bond markets in Asia and the Pacific, volume 63, pages 35-61 Bank for International Settlements.
- Cici, Gjergji & Gibson, Scott, 2012. "The Performance of Corporate Bond Mutual Funds: Evidence Based on Security-Level Holdings," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 47(01), pages 159-178, April.
- Carhart, Mark M, 1997. " On Persistence in Mutual Fund Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 57-82, March.
- Jeffrey Wurgler, 2010. "On the Economic Consequences of Index-Linked Investing," NBER Working Papers 16376, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jimmy Shek & Ilhyock Shim & Hyun Song Shin, 2015. "Investor redemptions and fund manager sales of emerging market bonds: how are they related?," BIS Working Papers 509, Bank for International Settlements.
- Jeeman Jung & Robert J. Shiller, 2005. "Samuelson's Dictum and the Stock Market," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 43(2), pages 221-228, April.
- repec:eee:moneco:v:89:y:2017:i:c:p:71-87 is not listed on IDEAS
- Morris, Stephen & Shim, Ilhyock & Shin, Hyun Song, 2017.
"Redemption risk and cash hoarding by asset managers,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 71-87.
- Stephen Morris & Ilhyock Shim & Hyun Song Shin, 2017. "Redemption risk and cash hoarding by asset managers," BIS Working Papers 608, Bank for International Settlements.
- Eugene F. Fama & Kenneth R. French, 2010. "Luck versus Skill in the Cross-Section of Mutual Fund Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 65(5), pages 1915-1947, October.
- Burton G. Malkiel, 2003. "Passive Investment Strategies and Efficient Markets," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 9(1), pages 1-10.
More about this item
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bis:bisqtr:1803j. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Beslmeisl). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bisssch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.