The Influence of Fat and Weight on the Price of Lamb in the Homebush Livestock and Wholesale Markets
An econometric analysis is reported of the relationship between price, and fat cover and weight, in the Homebush livestock and wholesale markets in 1987, 1988 and 1989 using data from the Livestock Market Reporting Service. Implicit prices for changes in weight and fat cover were estimated while accounting for changes in supply and demand conditions for lamb. The analysis lends support to the view that consumer preference for leaner lamb was not being reflected in prices offered for lamb in traditional auction markets.
Volume (Year): 63 (1995)
Issue (Month): 01 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://www.aares.info/Email:
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John D. Mullen & Michael K. Wohlgenant, 1991.
"The Willingness Of Consumers To Pay For Attributes Of Lamb,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 35(3), pages 247-262, December.
- Mullen, John D. & Wohlgenant, Michael K., 1991. "The Willingness Of Consumers To Pay For Attributes Of Lamb," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 35(03), December.
- Griffith, Garry R. & Green, W. & Duff, G.L., 1991. "Another Look at Price Levelling and Price Averaging in the Sydney Meat Market," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 59(02), August.
- O'Connell, John, 1986. "A Hedonic Price Model of the Paris Carcase Lamb Market," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 13(4), pages 439-50.
- Thursby, Jerry G, 1989. "A Comparison of Several Specification Error Tests for a General Alternative," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 30(1), pages 217-30, February.
- Freebairn, John W., 1973. "The Value Of Information Provided By A Uniform Grading System," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 17(02), August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:remaae:12467. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.