Impact Assessment of Bt Corn Adoption in the Philippines
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Mutuc, Maria Erlinda M. & Rejesus, Roderick M. & Pan, Suwen & Yorobe, Jose M., 2012. "Impact Assessment of Bt Corn Adoption in the Philippines," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 44(01), pages 117-135, February.
References listed on IDEAS
- Borsch-Supan, Axel & Hajivassiliou, Vassilis A., 1993.
"Smooth unbiased multivariate probability simulators for maximum likelihood estimation of limited dependent variable models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 347-368, August.
- Vassilis A. Hajivassiliou & Axel Borsch-Supan, 1990. "Smooth Unbiased Multivariate Probability Simulators for Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Limited Dependent Variable Models," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 960, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Eric J. Belasco & Sujit K. Ghosh & Barry K. Goodwin, 2007.
"A Multivariate Evaluation of Ex ante Risks Associated with Fed Cattle Production,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(2), pages 431-443.
- Belasco, Eric J. & Goodwin, Barry K. & Ghosh, Sujit K., 2007. "A Multivariate Evaluation of Ex-ante Risks Associated with Fed Cattle Production," SCC-76 Meeting, March 15-17, 2007, Gulf Shores, Alabama 9382, SCC-76: Economics and Management of Risk in Agriculture and Natural Resources.
- Heather Klemick & Erik Lichtenberg, 2008. "Pesticide Use and Fish Harvests in Vietnamese Rice Agroecosystems," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(1), pages 1-14.
- Keane, Michael P, 1994. "A Computationally Practical Simulation Estimator for Panel Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(1), pages 95-116, January.
- J. Scott Shonkwiler & Steven T. Yen, 1999. "Two-Step Estimation of a Censored System of Equations," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(4), pages 972-982.
- Huang, Jikun & Hu, Ruifa & Rozelle, Scott & Qiao, Fangbin & Pray, Carl E., 2002. "Transgenic varieties and productivity of smallholder cotton farmers in China," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 46(3), September.
- Qaim, Matin & De Janvry, Alain, 2005. "Bt cotton and pesticide use in Argentina: economic and environmental effects," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(02), pages 179-200, May.
- Steven T. Yen & Biing-Hwan Lin & David M. Smallwood, 2003. "Quasi- and Simulated-Likelihood Approaches to Censored Demand Systems: Food Consumption by Food Stamp Recipients in the United States," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(2), pages 458-478.
- Jean-Thomas Bernard & Luc Bouthillier & Jérôme Catimel & Nancy Gélinas, 1997.
"An Integrated Model of Québec-Ontario-U.S. Northeast Softwood Lumber Markets,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(3), pages 987-1000.
- BERNARD, Jean-Thomas & BOUTHILLIER, Luc & CATIMEL, Jérôme & GELINAS, Nancy, 1995. "An Integrated Model of Quebec-Ontario-U.S. Northeast Softwood Lumber Markets," Cahiers de recherche 9517, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Harald Tauchmann, 2005. "Efficiency of two-step estimators for censored systems of equations: Shonkwiler and Yen reconsidered," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(4), pages 367-374.
- Benjamin Crost & Bhavani Shankar & Richard Bennett & Stephen Morse, 2007. "Bias from Farmer Self-Selection in Genetically Modified Crop Productivity Estimates: Evidence from Indian Data," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(1), pages 24-36, February.
- Mendoza, Meyra Sebello & Rosegrant, Mark W., 1995. "Pricing behavior in Philippine corn markets: implications for market efficiency," Research reports 101, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Jean-Paul Chavas & Kwansoo Kim, 2004. "A Heteroskedastic Multivariate Tobit Analysis of Price Dynamics in the Presence of Price Floors," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(3), pages 576-593.
- Matin Qaim & Alain de Janvry, 2003. "Genetically Modified Crops, Corporate Pricing Strategies, and Farmers' Adoption: The Case of Bt Cotton in Argentina," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(4), pages 814-828.
- Federico Perali & Jean-Paul Chavas, 2000. "Estimation of Censored Demand Equations from Large Cross-Section Data," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(4), pages 1022-1037.
- Mendoza, Meyra S. & Rosegrant, Mark W. & Brorsen, Wade, 1992. "Aggregate Corn Area Response Under Risk: Some Implications for Price Stabilization Programs," Philippine Journal of Development JPD 1992 Vol. XIX No. 2-d, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Feder, Gershon & Just, Richard E & Zilberman, David, 1985. "Adoption of Agricultural Innovations in Developing Countries: A Survey," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(2), pages 255-298, January.
- Bhavani Shankar & Colin Thirtle, 2005. "Pesticide Productivity and Transgenic Cotton Technology: The South African Smallholder Case," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(1), pages 97-116.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Regier, Gregory K & Dalton, Timothy J, 2014.
"Labour savings of Roundup Ready maize: Impact on cost and input substitution for South African smallholders,"
African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 9(3), August.
- Regier, Gregory K. & Dalton, Timothy J., 2013. "Labor-savings of Roundup Ready Maize: Impact on Cost and Input Substitution for South African Smallholders," 2013 AAAE Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 160521, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
More about this item
KeywordsBt; censoring; corn; farm level impacts; genetically modified crops; pesticide use; technology adoption; International Development; Production Economics; Q12; Q16;
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- Q16 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - R&D; Agricultural Technology; Biofuels; Agricultural Extension Services
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:joaaec:120452. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/saeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.