A Two-Stage Model Of The Demand For Specialty Crop Insurance
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Richards, Timothy J., 1998. "A Two Stage Model of the Demand For Specialty Crop Insurance," Working Papers 28546, Arizona State University, Morrison School of Agribusiness and Resource Management.
- Knox, Lyle & Richards, Timothy J., 1999. "A Two-Stage Model Of The Demand For Specialty Crop Insurance," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21681, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
References listed on IDEAS
- Hanemann, W Michael, 1984. "Discrete-Continuous Models of Consumer Demand," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 541-561, May.
- Goodwin, Barry K., 1994. "Premium Rate Determination In The Federal Crop Insurance Program: What Do Averages Have To Say About Risk?," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 19(02), December.
- Dubin, Jeffrey A & McFadden, Daniel L, 1984. "An Econometric Analysis of Residential Electric Appliance Holdings and Consumption," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 345-362, March.
- Richard E. Just & Linda Calvin & John Quiggin, 1999.
"Adverse Selection in Crop Insurance: Actuarial and Asymmetric Information Incentives,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(4), pages 834-849.
- Just, Richard E. & Calvin, Linda & Quiggin, John, 1993. "Adverse Selection in Crop Insurance: Actuarial and Asymmetric Information Incentives," Working Papers 197809, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Keith H. Coble & Thomas O. Knight & Rulon D. Pope & Jeffery R. Williams, 1996. "Modeling Farm-Level Crop Insurance Demand with Panel Data," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(2), pages 439-447.
- Lee, Lung-Fei, 1983. "Generalized Econometric Models with Selectivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 507-512, March.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Niewuwoudt, W.L. & Bullock, J. Bruce, 1985. "The Demand for Crop Insurance," 1985 Conference, August 26-September 4, 1985, MÃ¡laga, Spain 183028, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Vincent H. Smith & Alan E. Baquet, 1996. "The Demand for Multiple Peril Crop Insurance: Evidence from Montana Wheat Farms," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(1), pages 189-201.
- Barry K. Goodwin & Alan P. Ker, 1998. "Nonparametric Estimation of Crop Yield Distributions: Implications for Rating Group-Risk Crop Insurance Contracts," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(1), pages 139-153.
- Pradeep K. Chintagunta, 1993. "Investigating Purchase Incidence, Brand Choice and Purchase Quantity Decisions of Households," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 12(2), pages 184-208.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lee, Dong Won & Diersen, Matthew A. & Janssen, Larry & Gustafson, Cole R., 2006. "Premium Subsidy Changes and Demand for Crop Insurance," Proceedings: 2006 Agricultural and Rural Finance Markets in Transition, October 2-3, 2006; Washington, DC 133086, Regional Research Committee NC-1014: Agricultural and Rural Finance Markets in Transition.
- Olen, Beau & Wu, Junjie, 2013. "Supply of Insurance for Specialty Crops and its Effect on Yield and Acreage," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150787, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Robert Aidoo & James Osei Mensah & Prosper Wie & Dadson Awunyo-vitor, 2014. "Prospects of Crop Insurance as a Risk Management Tool among Arable Crop Farmers in Ghana," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 4(3), pages 341-354, March.
- M J Bhende, 2012. "Agricultural Insurance in India: Problems and Prospects," Working Papers id:4840, eSocialSciences.
- Richards, Timothy J. & Manfredo, Mark R., 2003. "Infrequent Shocks and Rating Revenue Insurance: A Contingent Claims Approach," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 28(02), August.
- Diao Panpan & Zhang Zhonggen, 2015. "Premium Rate Design and Risk Regionalization for the Policy-Based Wheat Insurance of Henan Province in China," Asia-Pacific Journal of Risk and Insurance, De Gruyter, vol. 9(2), pages 203-229, July.
- Woodard, Joshua, 2016. "Estimation of Insurance Deductible Demand under Endogenous Premium Rates," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 236151, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Yi, Jing & Richardson, James & Bryant, Henry, 2016. "How Do Premium Subsidies Affect Crop Insurance Demand at Different Coverage Levels: the Case of Corn," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 236249, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- repec:kap:expeco:v:20:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10683-017-9513-8 is not listed on IDEAS
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jlaare:30828. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/waeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.