The Reform of the EU Sugar Trade Preferences toward Developing Countries in Light of the Economic Partnership Agreements
This article provides a general overview of the evolution of the European Union trade preferences with the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Countries, giving due attention to the reform of the Sugar Protocol (SP) in light of the anticipated Economic Partnership Agreements (EPAs). The EU sugar trade relationship with the ACP, as captured in both a reformed SP for ACP nonâ€“least developed countries and in the Everything-but-Arms initiative for the worldâ€™s least developed countries, is analysed and contextualized within the ongoing negotiations toward achieving EPAs, which will substitute the LomÃ© Convention and give a new order to EU-ACP relationships.
Volume (Year): 10 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (306) 244-4800
Fax: (306) 244-7839
Web page: http://www.esteycentre.com/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Matthew McQueen, 2002. "EU preferential market access conditions for the least developed countries," Intereconomics: Review of European Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 101-109, March.
- Hannah Chalplin & Alan Matthews, 2005.
"Coping with the fallout for preference-receiving countries from EU sugar reform,"
The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series
- Chaplin, Hannah & Matthews, Alan, 2006. "Coping with the Fallout for Preference-receiving Countries from EU Sugar Reform," Estey Centre Journal of International Law and Trade Policy, Estey Centre for Law and Economics in International Trade, vol. 7(1).
- Gohin, Alexandre & Bureau, Jean-Christophe, 2005. "Sugar Market Liberalization: Modeling the EU Supply of "C" Sugar," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24740, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Mitchell, Donald, 2004. "Sugar policies opportunity for change," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3222, The World Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ecjilt:52695. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.