Sugar Prices, Labor Income, and Poverty in Brazil
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Krivonos, Ekaterina & Olarreaga, Marcelo, 2005. "Sugar Prices, Labour Income and Poverty in Brazil," CEPR Discussion Papers 5383, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Krivonos, Ekaterina & Olarreaga, Marcelo, 2006. "Sugar prices, labor income, and poverty in Brazil," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3874, The World Bank.
References listed on IDEAS
- M. Ataman Aksoy & John C. Beghin, 2005.
"Global Agricultural Trade and Developing Countries,"
World Bank Publications,
The World Bank, number 7464.
- Aksoy, M. Ataman & Beghin, John C., 2005. "Global Agricultural Trade and Developing Countries," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12228, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Krivonos, Ekaterina, 2004.
"The impact of coffee market reforms on producer prices and price transmission,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3358, The World Bank.
- Krivonos, Ekaterina, 2005. "The impact of coffee market reforms on producer prices and price transmission," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19315, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins & Barros, Alexandre L. Mendonça de & Marjotta-Maistro, Marta C. & Istake, Márcia, 2002. "Mechanization process of the sugar cane harvest and its direct and indirect impact over the employment in Brazil and in its 5 macro regions," MPRA Paper 38070, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Porto, Guido G., 2005. "Informal export barriers and poverty," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 447-470, July.
- Mitchell, Donald, 2004. "Sugar policies opportunity for change," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3222, The World Bank.
- Porto, Guido G., 2006.
"Using survey data to assess the distributional effects of trade policy,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 140-160, September.
- Guido G. Porto, 2003. "Using survey data to assess the distributional effects of trade policy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3137, The World Bank.
- Nicita, Alessandro, 2004. "Efficiency and equity of a marginal tax reform - income, quality, and price elasticities for Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3266, The World Bank.
- Mundlak, Yair & Larson, Donald F, 1992. "On the Transmission of World Agricultural Prices," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 6(3), pages 399-422, September.
- Nicita, Alessandro, 2004. "Who benefited from trade liberalization in Mexico? Measuring the effects on household welfare," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3265, The World Bank.
- Nina Pavcnik & Andreas Blom & Pinelopi Goldberg & Norbert Schady, 2004. "Trade Liberalization and Industry Wage Structure: Evidence from Brazil," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 18(3), pages 319-344.
- John Baffes & Bruce Gardner, 2003. "The transmission of world commodity prices to domestic markets under policy reforms in developing countries," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 159-180.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sylvain Chabe-Ferret & Julien Gourdon & Mohamed Ali Marouani & Tancrède Voituriez, 2007.
"Trade-Induced Changes in Economic Inequality: Assessment Issues and Policy Implications for Developing Countries,"
DT/2007/11, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Sylvain Chabe-Ferret & Julien Gourdon & Mohamed Ali Marouani & Tancrède Voituriez, 2011. "Trade-Induced Changes in Economic Inequality: Assessment Issues and Policy Implications for Developing Countries," Working Papers halshs-00557108, HAL.
- Julien GOURDON & Sylvain CHABE-FERRET & Tancrède VOITURIEZ & Mohamed Ali MAROUANI, 2007. "Trade-Induced Changes in Economic Inequality: Assessment Issues and Policy Implications for Developing Countries," Working Papers 200712, CERDI.
- Sylvain Chabe-Ferret & Julien Gourdon & M.A. Marouani & T. Voituriez, 2009. "Trade-induced Changes in Economic Inequality: Assessment Issues and Policy Implications for Developing Countries?," Post-Print hal-00404309, HAL.
- Brambilla, Irene & Porto, Guido, 2016. "Trade, Poverty Eradication, and the Sustainable Development Goals," ADBI Working Papers 629, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Nicita, Alessandro & Olarreaga, Marcelo & Porto, Guido, 2014.
"Pro-poor trade policy in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 252-265.
- Nicita, Alessandro & Olarreaga, Marcelo & Porto, Guido, 2011. "Pro-poor trade policy in Sub-Saharan Africa," CEPR Discussion Papers 8594, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alessandro Nicita & Marcelo Olarreaga & Guido Porto, 2012. "Pro-Poor Trade Policy in Sub-Saharan Africa," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0134, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Oh, Saera & Lee, Sang Hyeon, 2017. "Does trade contribute to poverty reduction? If it does, where the benefit goes to?," 2017 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2017, Mobile, Alabama 252849, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4331 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lucie Ménager & Christine Valente, 2011. "Market power and voluntary land redistribution," Working Papers hal-00867615, HAL.
- Chisanga, Brian, 2012. "Efficiency and integration in the Zambian sugar market: analysing price transmission, price formation and policy," Research Theses 134483, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Azadi, Hossein & de Jong, Sanne & Derudder, Ben & De Maeyer, Philippe & Witlox, Frank, 2012. "Bitter sweet: How sustainable is bio-ethanol production in Brazil?," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 3599-3603.
- Marie-Gabrielle Piketty & Tatiane de Menezes & João Bernardo Neto Aurélio Duarte, 2008. "Sugar cane in Brazil, poverty and equity: evidences for the 1992-2006 period," Anais do XXXVI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 36th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 200807211634520, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Ole Boysen, 2009. "Border Price Shocks, Spatial Price Variation, and their Impacts on Poverty in Uganda," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp306, IIIS.
More about this item
KeywordsTrade; Sugar; Wages; Brazil;
- F16 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Labor Market Interactions
- Q17 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agriculture in International Trade
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:col:000425:008588. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.