Bitter sweet: How sustainable is bio-ethanol production in Brazil?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gomes, Marcos Sebastião de Paula & Muylaert de Araújo, Maria Silvia, 2009. "Bio-fuels production and the environmental indicators," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(8), pages 2201-2204, October.
- Ekaterina Krivonos & Marcelo Olarreaga, 2009.
"Sugar Prices, Labor Income, and Poverty in Brazil,"
ECONOMIA JOURNAL OF THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION,
ECONOMIA JOURNAL OF THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION, vol. 0(Spring 20), pages 95-128, January.
- Krivonos, Ekaterina & Olarreaga, Marcelo, 2005. "Sugar Prices, Labour Income and Poverty in Brazil," CEPR Discussion Papers 5383, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Krivonos, Ekaterina & Olarreaga, Marcelo, 2006. "Sugar prices, labor income, and poverty in Brazil," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3874, The World Bank.
- Escobar, José C. & Lora, Electo S. & Venturini, Osvaldo J. & Yáñez, Edgar E. & Castillo, Edgar F. & Almazan, Oscar, 2009. "Biofuels: Environment, technology and food security," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(6-7), pages 1275-1287, August.
- Jegannathan, Kenthorai Raman & Chan, Eng-Seng & Ravindra, Pogaku, 2009. "Harnessing biofuels: A global Renaissance in energy production?," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(8), pages 2163-2168, October.
- Ulmanen, Johanna H. & Verbong, Geert P.J. & Raven, Rob P.J.M., 2009. "Biofuel developments in Sweden and the Netherlands: Protection and socio-technical change in a long-term perspective," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(6-7), pages 1406-1417, August.
- Gauder, Martin & Graeff-Hönninger, S. & Claupein, W., 2011. "The impact of a growing bioethanol industry on food production in Brazil," Applied Energy, Elsevier, pages 672-679.
- Michiel Keyzer & Max Merbis & Roelf Voortman, 2008. "The Biofuel Controversy," De Economist, Springer, pages 507-527.
- Luo, Lin & van der Voet, Ester & Huppes, Gjalt, 2009. "Life cycle assessment and life cycle costing of bioethanol from sugarcane in Brazil," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(6-7), pages 1613-1619, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vanschoenwinkel, Janka & Lizin, Sebastien & Swinnen, Gilbert & Azadi, Hossein & Van Passel, Steven, 2014. "Solar cooking in Senegalese villages: An application of best–worst scaling," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 447-458.
- Herreras Martínez, Sara & van Eijck, Janske & Pereira da Cunha, Marcelo & Guilhoto, Joaquim J.M. & Walter, Arnaldo & Faaij, Andre, 2013. "Analysis of socio-economic impacts of sustainable sugarcane–ethanol production by means of inter-regional Input–Output analysis: Demonstrated for Northeast Brazil," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, pages 290-316.
- Mayer, Flávio Dias & Feris, Liliana Amaral & Marcilio, Nilson Romeu & Hoffmann, Ronaldo, 2015. "Why small-scale fuel ethanol production in Brazil does not take off?," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, pages 687-701.
- Masum, B.M. & Masjuki, H.H. & Kalam, M.A. & Rizwanul Fattah, I.M. & Palash, S.M. & Abedin, M.J., 2013. "Effect of ethanol–gasoline blend on NOx emission in SI engine," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, pages 209-222.
More about this item
KeywordsBio-ethanol; Biofuels; Sugarcane; Food security; Land use change; Sustainability;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:16:y:2012:i:6:p:3599-3603. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.