Projecting the world wine market from 2003 to 2010
Rapid New World supply increases are imposing downward pressures on prices for grape and wine producers. A per capita decrease in wine consumption in the worldâ€™s largest wine producers is being offset by consumption increases elsewhere, and growing consumer preferences for higher quality wines. We use a global wine model to project the worldâ€™s wine markets from 2003 to 2010. Our decomposition of results allows us to examine the contribution of different market forces to changes in prices and outputs relative to 2003.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- W. Jill Harrison & J. Mark Horridge & K.R. Pearson, 1999.
"Decomposing Simulation Results with Respect to Exogenous Shocks,"
Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers
ip-73, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- W. Jill Harrison & J. Mark Horridge & K.R. Pearson, 2000. "Decomposing Simulation Results with Respect to Exogenous Shocks," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 15(3), pages 227-249, June.
- Harrison, W Jill & Pearson, K R, 1996.
"Computing Solutions for Large General Equilibrium Models Using GEMPACK,"
Society for Computational Economics, vol. 9(2), pages 83-127, May.
- W. Jill Harrison & K.R. Pearson, 1994. "Computing Solutions for Large General Equilibrium Models Using GEMPACK," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers ip-64, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- Wittwer, Glyn & Anderson, Kym, 2002. "Impact of the GST and Wine Tax Reform on Australia's Wine Industry: A CGE Analysis," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(1), pages 69-81, March.
- Kym Anderson & David Norman & Glyn Wittwer, 2003.
"Globalisation of the World's Wine Markets,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(5), pages 659-687, 05.
- Meagher, G.A. & Parmenter, B.R. & Rimmer, R.J. & Clements, Kenneth W., 1985. "ORANI-WINE: Tax Issues and the Australian Wine Industry," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 53(02), August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:auagre:126557. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.