Agricultural and Applied Economics: What is This?
The scientific domain of Â«agricultural and applied economicsÂ» is an open issue. In this paper, we analyse the JEL codes of the articles published in seven major agricultural economics journals in the period 2000-11, in order to define which disciplines and which research areas are the Â«core businessÂ» of todayâ€™s agricultural and applied economists. A special attention has been given to the sub-sample of the Italian studies, since a new scientific society in this area (AIEAA) has been recently founded by a group of Italian economists.
Volume (Year): (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.aieaa.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Otto C. Doering, 2007. "The Political Economy of Public Goods: Why Economists Should Care," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 89(5), pages 1125-1133.
- Jon A. Brandt, 2003. "AAEA: Adapting to Meet Member Needs," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1095-1104.
- Steven Buccola, 2006. "The Organization of Economics," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(5), pages 1123-1134.
- Kenneth J. Thomson, 2001. "Agricultural Economics and Rural Development: Marriage or Divorce? Presidential Address," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(3), pages 1-10.
- Ron Mittelhammer, 2009. "Applied Economics—Without Apology," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(5), pages 1161-1174.
- Jean D. Kinsey, 2001. "The New Food Economy: Consumers, Farms, Pharms, and Science," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1113-1130.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aieabj:125696. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.