Course Requirements for Bachelor's Degrees in Economics
We conducted a national survey of department Chairs to investigate whether departments of economics changed course requirements for bachelors degrees since the Siegfried and Bidani (1992) paper using 1980 data. There have been few changes to course requirements. Most notable are a large increase in the number of departments requiring econometrics and a drop in departments requiring courses such as money, banking and economic history--courses once required in many business schools.
Volume (Year): 103 (2013)
Issue (Month): 3 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://www.aeaweb.org/aer/|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: https://www.aeaweb.org/subscribe.html|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- KimMarie McGoldrick, 2008. "Writing Requirements and Economic Research Opportunities in the Undergraduate Curriculum: Results from a Survey of Departmental Practices," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(3), pages 287-296, July.
- Michael Watts & Georg Schaur, 2011. "Teaching and Assessment Methods in Undergraduate Economics: A Fourth National Quinquennial Survey," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(3), pages 294-309, July.
- Cynthia L. Harter & William E. Becker & Michael Watts, 2011. "Time Allocations and Reward Structures for US Academic Economists from 1955â€“2005: Evidence from Three National Surveys," International Review of Economic Education, Economics Network, University of Bristol, vol. 10(2), pages 6-27.
- John J. Siegfried, 2001. "Principles for a Successful Undergraduate Economics Honors Program," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(2), pages 169-177, January.
- Henrique Monteiro & Alexandra Ferreira Lopes, 2007. "A Benchmarking of the Undergraduate Economics Major in Europe and the United States," International Review of Economic Education, Economics Network, University of Bristol, vol. 6(2), pages 9-26.
- Steven C. Myers & Michael A. Nelson & Richard W. Stratton, 2011. "Assessment of the Undergraduate Economics Major: A National Survey," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(2), pages 195-199, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:103:y:2013:i:3:p:643-47. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros)or (Michael P. Albert)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.