Time Allocations and Reward Structures for US Academic Economists from 1955â€“2005: Evidence from Three National Surveys
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cynthia L. Harter & William E. Becker & Michael Watts, 2004. "Changing Incentives and Time Allocations for Academic Economists: Results from 1995 and 2000 National Surveys," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(1), pages 89-97, January.
- Guest, Ross & Duhs, Alan, 2002. "Economics Teaching in Australian Universities: Rewards and Outcomes," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 78(241), pages 147-160, June.
- Gautier, Axel & Wauthy, Xavier, 2007.
"Teaching versus research: A multi-tasking approach to multi-department universities,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 273-295, February.
- GAUTIER, Axel & WAUTHY, Xavier, 2004. "Teaching versus research: a multi-tasking approach to multi-department universities," CORE Discussion Papers 2004003, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- William E. Becker & Michael Watts, 2001. "Teaching Methods in U.S. Undergraduate Economics Courses," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(3), pages 269-279, January.
- David N. Laband & Robert D. Tollison, 2003. "Dry Holes in Economic Research," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(2), pages 161-173, May.
- William E. Becker & Michael Watts, 2001. "Teaching Economics at the Start of the 21st Century: Still Chalk-and-Talk," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 446-451, May.
- Becker, William E & Watts, Michael, 1996. "Chalk and Talk: A National Survey on Teaching Undergraduate Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 448-453, May.
- Becker, William E, Jr, 1979. "Professorial Behavior Given a Stochastic Reward Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(5), pages 1010-1017, December.
- Link, Albert N. & Swann, Christopher A. & Bozeman, Barry, 2008. "A time allocation study of university faculty," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 363-374, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Barham, Bradford L. & Foltz, Jeremy D. & Prager, Daniel L., 2014. "Making time for science," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 21-31.
- William Bosshardt & Michael Watts & William E. Becker, 2013. "Course Requirements for Bachelor's Degrees in Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(3), pages 643-647, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:che:ireepp:v:10:y:2011:i:2:p:6-27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Martin Poulter). General contact details of provider: http://www.economicsnetwork.ac.uk/iree .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.