A framework to facilitate institutional arrangements for smallholder supply in developing countries: An agribusiness perspective
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Food Policy.
Volume (Year): 32 (2007)
Issue (Month): 5-6 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:fth:oxesaf:99-25 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stanton, Julie V., 2000. "The Role Of Agribusiness In Development: Replacing The Diminished Role Of The Government In Raising Rural Incomes," Journal of Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics Association of Georgia, vol. 18(2).
- Dorward, Andrew & Kydd, Jonathan & Morrison, Jamie & Urey, Ian, 2004.
"A Policy Agenda for Pro-Poor Agricultural Growth,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 73-89, January.
- Unnevehr, Laurian J., 2000. "Food safety issues and fresh food product exports from LDCs," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 23(3), pages 231-240, September.
- Peterson, H. Christopher & Wysocki, Allen F., 1997. "The Vertical Coordination Continuum And The Determinants Of Firm-Level Coordination Strategy," Staff Papers 11817, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Johann Kirsten & Kurt Sartorius, 2002.
"Linking agribusiness and small-scale farmers in developing countries: Is there a new role for contract farming?,"
Development Southern Africa,
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 19(4), pages 503-529.
- Kirsten, Johann F. & Sartorius, Kurt, 2002. "Linking Agribusiness And Small-Scale Farmers In Developing Countries: Is There A New Role For Contract Farming?," Working Papers 18025, University of Pretoria, Department of Agricultural Economics, Extension and Rural Development.
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Minten, Bart, 1999.
"Property rights in a flea market economy,"
MTID discussion papers
27, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Marcel Fafchamps & Bart Minten, 1999. "Property rights in a flea market economy," CSAE Working Paper Series 1999-25, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Bart Minten, 1999. "Property rights in a flea market economy," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/1999-25, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1988. "The Theory of the Firm Revisited," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(1), pages 141-61, Spring.
- Boehlje, Michael & Doering, Otto C., III, 2000. "Farm Policy In An Industrialized Agriculture," Journal of Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics Association of Georgia, vol. 18(1), March.
- Oliver E. Williamson, 2000. "The New Institutional Economics: Taking Stock, Looking Ahead," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 38(3), pages 595-613, September.
- Glover, David J., 1984. "Contract farming and smallholder outgrower schemes in less-developed countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 12(11-12), pages 1143-1157.
- Dave Weatherspoon & Joyce Cacho & Ralph Christy, 2001.
"Linking Globalization, Economic Growth and Poverty: Impacts of Agribusiness Strategies on Sub-Saharan Africa,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(3), pages 722-729.
- Weatherspoon, Dave D. & Cacho, Joyce A. & Christy, Ralph D., 2001. "Linking Globalization, Economic Growth and Poverty: Impacts of Agribusiness Strategies on Sub-Saharan Africa," Staff Papers 121131, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Porter, Gina & Phillips-Howard[malt], Kevin, 1997. "Comparing contracts: An evaluation of contract farming schemes in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 227-238, February.
- Gow, Hamish R. & Streeter, Deborah H. & Swinnen, Johan F. M., 2000. "How private contract enforcement mechanisms can succeed where public institutions fail: the case of Juhocukor a.s," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 23(3), pages 253-265, September.
- Reardon, Thomas & Barrett, Christopher B., 2000. "Agroindustrialization, globalization, and international development: An overview of issues, patterns, and determinants," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 23(3), pages 195-205, September.
- Rehber, Erkan, 1998. "Vertical Integration In Agriculture And Contract Farming," Working Papers 25991, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
- Dorward, Andrew, 1999. "A Risk Programming Approach for Analysing Contractual Choice in the Presence of Transaction Costs," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 26(4), pages 479-92, December.
- Mungandi, Sepiso & Conforte, Daniel & Shadbolt, Nicola M., 2012. "Integration of Smallholders in Modern Agri-food Chains: Lessons from the KASCOL Model in Zambia," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 15(3).
- Abid A. Burki & Mushtaq A. Khan, 2008. "Milk Supply Chain and Efficiency of Smallholder Dairy Producers in Pakistan," Microeconomics Working Papers 22252, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Rui Fragoso, 2013. "Planning Marketing Channels: Case of the Olive Oil Agribusiness in Portugal," CEFAGE-UE Working Papers 2013_07, University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal).
- Calum G. Turvey & Rong Kong, 2009. "Business and financial risks of small farm households in China," China Agricultural Economic Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 1(2), pages 155-172, May.
- Boniface, Bonaventure & Gyau, Amos & Stringer, Randy & Umberger, Wendy J., 2010. "Building producer loyalty in Malaysia's fresh milk supply chain," Australasian Agribusiness Review, University of Melbourne, Melbourne School of Land and Environment, vol. 18.
- Xiaoyong Zhang & Lusine H. Aramyan, 2009. "A conceptual framework for supply chain governance: An application to agri-food chains in China," China Agricultural Economic Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 1(2), pages 136-154, May.
- Schipmann, Christin & Qaim, Matin, 2011. "Supply chain differentiation, contract agriculture, and farmers’ marketing preferences: the case of sweet pepper in Thailand," Discussion Papers 108349, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Mergenthaler, Marcus & Weinberger, Katinka & Qaim, Matin, 2009. "The food system transformation in developing countries: A disaggregate demand analysis for fruits and vegetables in Vietnam," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 426-436, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.