Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:wdevel
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2014, Volume 62, Issue C
- 1-13 Understanding Urban Wage Inequality in China 1988–2008: Evidence from Quantile Analysis
by Appleton, Simon & Song, Lina & Xia, Qingjie
- 14-29 Trade-offs and Payoffs of Investing in Human Development
by Sánchez, Marco V. & Cicowiez, Martín
- 30-41 Enhancing Inclusiveness of Rwanda’s Land Tenure Regularization Program: Insights from Early Stages of its Implementation
by Santos, Florence & Fletschner, Diana & Daconto, Giuseppe
- 42-61 Is Globalization Reducing Absolute Poverty?
by Bergh, Andreas & Nilsson, Therese
- 62-74 Why do Foresters Plant Trees? Testing Theories of Bureaucratic Decision-Making in Central India
by Fleischman, Forrest D.
- 75-87 Empowerment Through Microfinance: The Relation Between Loan Cycle and Level of Empowerment
by Weber, Olaf & Ahmad, Adnan
- 88-105 Women’s Empowerment and Prevalence of Stunted and Underweight Children in Rural India
by Imai, Katsushi S. & Annim, Samuel Kobina & Kulkarni, Veena S. & Gaiha, Raghav
- 106-124 Social Spending, Distribution, and Equality of Opportunities: The Opportunity Incidence Analysis
by Cuesta, Jose
- 125-137 Bedouin Adaptation to the Last 15-Years of Drought (1995–2010) in the North Coastal Zone of Egypt: Continuity or Rupture?
by Alary, Véronique & Hassan, Ferial & Daoud, Ibrahim & Aboul Naga, Adel & Osman, Mona A. & Bastianelli, Denis & Lescoat, Philippe & Moselhy, Naeem & Tourrand, Jean-François
- 138-154 Paths to Development: Is there a Bangladesh Surprise?
by Asadullah, M. Niaz & Savoia, Antonio & Mahmud, Wahiduddin
- 155-168 Market Signals of Unsustainable and Inequitable Forest Extraction: Assessing the Value of Illegal Timber Trade in the Eastern Arc Mountains of Tanzania
by Schaafsma, Marije & Burgess, Neil D. & Swetnam, Ruth D. & Ngaga, Yonika M. & Kerry Turner, R. & Treue, Thorsten
- 169-188 Heterogeneity in Informal Salaried Employment: Evidence from the Egyptian Labor Market Survey
by Radchenko, Natalia
- 189-200 Historicizing Sustainable Livelihoods: A Pathways Approach to Lead Mining in Rural Central China
by Lu, Jixia & Lora-Wainwright, Anna
- 201-212 Africa and the Clean Development Mechanism: What Determines Project Investments?
by Röttgers, Dirk & Grote, Ulrike
- 213-227 Migrants’ Choice of Remittance Channel: Do General Payment Habits Play a Role?
by Kosse, Anneke & Vermeulen, Robert
2014, Volume 61, Issue C
- 1-10 Interpreting Institutional Fit: Urbanization, Development, and China’s “Land-Lost”
by Lian, Hongping & Lejano, Raul P.
- 11-52 Women’s Empowerment in Agriculture: What Role for Food Security in Bangladesh?
by Sraboni, Esha & Malapit, Hazel J. & Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Ahmed, Akhter U.
- 53-69 Macroeconomic Impacts of FDI in Transition Economies: A Meta-Analysis
by Iwasaki, Ichiro & Tokunaga, Masahiro
- 70-84 Estimating the Causal Effect of Forced Eradication on Coca Cultivation in Colombian Municipalities
by Reyes, Luis Carlos
- 85-101 Taking Complexity in Food Systems Seriously: An Interdisciplinary Analysis
by Foran, Tira & Butler, James R.A. & Williams, Liana J. & Wanjura, Wolf J. & Hall, Andy & Carter, Lucy & Carberry, Peter S.
- 102-113 The Messy Reality of Agglomeration Economies in Urban Informality: Evidence from Nairobi’s Handicraft Industry
by Harris, John
- 114-126 Coping with Drought by Adjusting Land Tenancy Contracts: A Model and Evidence from Rural Morocco
by Kusunose, Yoko & Lybbert, Travis J.
- 127-141 Land Rights and Community Cooperation
by Braaten, Ragnhild Haugli
- 142-153 Effects of International Food Price Shocks on Political Institutions in Low-Income Countries: Evidence from an International Food Net-Export Price Index
by Arezki, Rabah & Brueckner, Markus
- 154-166 Growth of the Urban Shadow, Spatial Distribution of Economic Activities, and Commuting by Workers in Rural and Urban India
by Sharma, Ajay & Chandrasekhar, S.
- 167-177 Social Protection and Poverty Reduction: Global Patterns and Some Targets
by Fiszbein, Ariel & Kanbur, Ravi & Yemtsov, Ruslan
2014, Volume 60, Issue C
- 1-13 Cultural Proximity and Local Firms’ catch up with Multinational Enterprises
by Wang, Jue & Liu, Xiaming & Wei, Yingqi & Wang, Chengang
- 14-30 Livelihood Diversification and Shifting Social Networks of Exchange: A Social Network Transition?
by Baird, Timothy D. & Gray, Clark L.
- 31-42 Public Service Provision under Conditions of Insufficient Citizen Demand: Insights from the Urban Sanitation Sector in Indonesia
by Winters, Matthew S. & Karim, Abdul Gaffar & Martawardaya, Berly
- 43-56 Governing India’s Land
by Sud, Nikita
- 57-68 Remittances and Household Wealth after Conflict: A Case Study on Urban Burundi
by Fransen, Sonja & Mazzucato, Valentina
- 69-83 Does Information Lead to More Active Citizenship? Evidence from an Education Intervention in Rural Kenya
by Lieberman, Evan S. & Posner, Daniel N. & Tsai, Lily L.
- 84-98 Climate Change, Hydro-Dependency, and the African Dam Boom
by Cole, Matthew A. & Elliott, Robert J.R. & Strobl, Eric
- 99-112 Revenue Reform and Statebuilding in Anglophone Africa
by Moore, Mick
- 113-131 Income and Livelihoods in the War in Afghanistan
by Bove, Vincenzo & Gavrilova, Evelina
- 132-146 The Strugglers: The New Poor in Latin America?
by Birdsall, Nancy & Lustig, Nora & Meyer, Christian J.
2014, Volume 59, Issue C
- 1-15 Comparing the Climate Policy Performance of Emerging Economies
by Never, Babette & Betz, Joachim
- 16-28 Foreign Portfolio Investment Flows to India: Determinants and Analysis
by Garg, Reetika & Dua, Pami
- 29-46 Land Use Dynamics, Climate Change, and Food Security in Vietnam: A Global-to-local Modeling Approach
by Rutten, Martine & van Dijk, Michiel & van Rooij, Wilbert & Hilderink, Henk
- 47-58 Interest Rates and Informational Issues in the Credit Market: Experimental Evidence from Brazil
by de Lucinda, Claudio Ribeiro & Vieira, Rodrigo Luiz
- 59-69 Water and Human Development
by Mehta, Lyla
- 70-81 Moving from the Household to the Individual: Multidimensional Poverty Analysis
by Vijaya, Ramya M. & Lahoti, Rahul & Swaminathan, Hema
- 82-92 Tackling the Largest Global Education Challenge? Secular and Religious Education in Northern Nigeria
by Antoninis, Manos
- 93-103 Modeling Ecological Success of Common Pool Resource Systems Using Large Datasets
by Frey, Ulrich J. & Rusch, Hannes
- 104-119 Why Are Women Less Democratic Than Men? Evidence from Sub-Saharan African Countries
by García-Peñalosa, Cecilia & Konte, Maty
- 120-131 Impact of Improved Maize Adoption on Welfare of Farm Households in Malawi: A Panel Data Analysis
by Bezu, Sosina & Kassie, Girma T. & Shiferaw, Bekele & Ricker-Gilbert, Jacob
- 132-146 Understanding the Process of Agricultural Technology Adoption: Mineral Fertilizer in Eastern DR Congo
by Lambrecht, Isabel & Vanlauwe, Bernard & Merckx, Roel & Maertens, Miet
- 147-165 The Impact of Technological Capabilities on Invention: An Investigation Based on Country Responsiveness Scores
by Cerulli, Giovanni
- 166-183 Administrative Overspending in Indonesian Districts: The Role of Local Politics
by Sjahrir, Bambang Suharnoko & Kis-Katos, Krisztina & Schulze, Günther G.
- 184-198 Personalizing the Middle-Income Trap: An Inter-Generational Migrant View from Rural Thailand
by Rigg, Jonathan & Promphaking, Buapun & Le Mare, Ann
- 199-211 REDD+ and Empowered Deliberative Democracy: Learning from Tanzania
by Mustalahti, Irmeli & Rakotonarivo, O. Sarobidy
- 212-223 A Cross-Country Analysis of Perceived Economic Status and Life Satisfaction in High- and Low-Income Countries
by Camfield, Laura & Esposito, Lucio
- 224-237 International Remittances and Human Capital Formation
by Salas, Vania B.
- 238-250 Conflict, Combatants, and Cash: Economic Reintegration and Livelihoods of Ex-combatants in Nepal
by Subedi, Dambaru B.
- 251-274 Measuring Acute Poverty in the Developing World: Robustness and Scope of the Multidimensional Poverty Index
by Alkire, Sabina & Santos, Maria Emma
- 275-297 How Ethnic Diversity Affects Economic Growth
by Gören, Erkan
- 298-312 Economic Regulations, Red Tape, and Bureaucratic Corruption in Post-Communist Economies
by Duvanova, Dinissa
- 313-326 Growth with Equity for the Development of Mexico: Poverty, Inequality, and Economic Growth (1992–2008)
by Iniguez-Montiel, Alberto Javier
- 327-340 The Liberalization of Retail Services in India
by Lakatos, Csilla & Fukui, Tani
- 341-359 Explaining Global Patterns of International Aid for Linked Biodiversity Conservation and Development
by Miller, Daniel C.
- 360-378 Exogenous Shocks and Growth Crises in Low-Income Countries: A Vulnerability Index
by Dabla-Norris, Era & Bal Gündüz, Yasemin
- 379-393 The Contribution of Education to Economic Growth: A Review of the Evidence, with Special Attention and an Application to Sub-Saharan Africa
by Glewwe, Paul & Maïga, Eugénie & Zheng, Haochi
- 394-407 Bureaucratic Delay, Local-Level Monitoring, and Delivery of Small Infrastructure Projects: Evidence from a Field Experiment in Bolivia
by Yanez-Pagans, Monica & Machicado-Salas, Gustavo
- 408-421 Capturing the Margins: World Market Prices and Cotton Farmer Incomes in West Africa
by Bassett, Thomas J.
- 422-433 Diaspora Investments and Firm Export Performance in Selected Sub-Saharan African Countries
by Boly, Amadou & Coniglio, Nicola Daniele & Prota, Francesco & Seric, Adnan
- 434-450 Returns to Education in India
by Fulford, Scott
- 451-460 The Social Dynamics of Labor Shortage in South African Small-Scale Agriculture
by Hull, Elizabeth
- 461-474 Policies for Agricultural Productivity Growth and Poverty Reduction in Rural Ethiopia
by Abro, Zewdu Ayalew & Alemu, Bamlaku Alamirew & Hanjra, Munir A.
- 475-486 The Effects of Mexico’s Seguro Popular Health Insurance on Infant Mortality: An Estimation with Selection on the Outcome Variable
by Pfutze, Tobias
- 487-504 The Impact of Bolsa Família on Women’s Decision-Making Power
by de Brauw, Alan & Gilligan, Daniel O. & Hoddinott, John & Roy, Shalini
- 505-520 Moving Off the Farm: Land Institutions to Facilitate Structural Transformation and Agricultural Productivity Growth in China
by Deininger, Klaus & Jin, Songqing & Xia, Fang & Huang, Jikun
- 521-534 The Politics of Technological Upgrading: International Transfer to and Adaptation of GM Cotton in Argentina
by Arza, Valeria & van Zwanenberg, Patrick
- 535-552 Mexican Migrants to the US: What Do Unrealized Migration Intentions Tell Us About Gender Inequalities?
by Chort, Isabelle
2014, Volume 58, Issue C
- 1-20 The Impact of Governance and Institutional Quality on MFI Outreach and Financial Performance in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Barry, Thierno Amadou & Tacneng, Ruth
- 21-40 Regulation in Microinsurance Markets: Principles, Practice, and Directions for Future Development
by Biener, Christian & Eling, Martin & Schmit, Joan T.
- 41-52 Does Tourism Eco-Certification Pay? Costa Rica’s Blue Flag Program
by Blackman, Allen & Naranjo, María Angélica & Robalino, Juan & Alpízar, Francisco & Rivera, Jorge
- 53-66 Out of Sight, Not Out of Mind. Education Networks and International Trade
by Murat, Marina
- 67-82 Estimating the Scale and Geography of Global Poverty Now and in the Future: How Much Difference Do Method and Assumptions Make?
by Edward, Peter & Sumner, Andy
- 83-94 Labor Market Discrimination in Lima, Peru: Evidence from a Field Experiment
by Galarza, Francisco B. & Yamada, Gustavo
- 95-105 The Politics of the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act in Andhra Pradesh
by Maiorano, Diego
- 106-115 Exploiting the Poor: Bureaucratic Corruption and Poverty in Africa
by Justesen, Mogens K. & Bjørnskov, Christian
- 116-129 The Millennium Challenge Corporation: Organizational Constraints on US Foreign Aid, 2004–11
by Lebovic, James H.
- 130-142 Subnational Climate Justice? Adaptation Finance Distribution and Climate Vulnerability
by Barrett, Sam
- 143-158 Effect of Conflict on Dietary Diversity: Evidence from Côte d’Ivoire
by Dabalen, Andrew L. & Paul, Saumik
2014, Volume 57, Issue C
- 1-18 Stepping into Formal Politics
by Girard, Alexandra M.
- 19-31 Exploring the Relation Between the Degree of Novelty of Innovations and User–Producer Interaction Across Different Income Regions
by Harirchi, Gouya & Chaminade, Cristina
- 32-46 Women’s Access to Labor Market Opportunities, Control of Household Resources, and Domestic Violence: Evidence from Bangladesh
by Heath, Rachel
- 47-62 Manufacturing Paradoxes: Foreign Ownership, Governance, and Value Chains in China’s Light Industries
by Dallas, Mark P.
- 63-78 Corporate Investments in Asian Markets: Financial Conditions, Financial Development, and Financial Constraints
by Gochoco-Bautista, Maria Socorro & Sotocinal, Noli R. & Wang, Jianxin
- 79-90 Selling Success: Constructing Value in Conservation and Development
by Büscher, Bram
- 91-100 Is There an Alternative for Irrigation Reform?
by Suhardiman, Diana & Giordano, Mark
- 101-113 Do Natural Resource Revenues Hinder Financial Development? The Role of Political Institutions
by Bhattacharyya, Sambit & Hodler, Roland
- 114-126 E-Government, Internet Adoption, and Corruption: An Empirical Investigation
by Elbahnasawy, Nasr G.
- 127-137 The Influence of Legitimacy Perceptions on Cooperation – A Framed Field Experiment
by Bouma, Jetske A. & Joy, K.J. & Paranjape, Suhas & Ansink, Erik
- 138-147 The Impact of Aid and Public Investment Volatility on Economic Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Museru, Malimu & Toerien, Francois & Gossel, Sean
- 148-163 Slavery, Statehood, and Economic Development in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Bezemer, Dirk & Bolt, Jutta & Lensink, Robert
- 164-178 Efficiency-Adjusted Public Capital and Growth
by Gupta, Sanjeev & Kangur, Alvar & Papageorgiou, Chris & Wane, Abdoul
2014, Volume 56, Issue C
- 1-15 Financial Inclusion, Gender Dimension, and Economic Impact on Poor Households
by Swamy, Vighneswara
- 16-31 Does Commercialization Undermine the Benefits of Decentralization for Local Services Provision? Evidence from Mexico’s Urban Water and Sanitation Sector
by Herrera, Veronica
- 32-50 Inequality and Fractionalization
by Casey, Gregory P. & Owen, Ann L.
- 51-61 The Persistence of Subjective Poverty in Urban Ethiopia
by Alem, Yonas & Köhlin, Gunnar & Stage, Jesper
- 62-76 Aid with Blinkers: Environmental Governance of Uranium Mining in Niger
by Larsen, Rasmus Kløcker & Mamosso, Christiane Alzouma
- 77-92 The Surprising Effects of the Great Recession: Losers and Winners in Thailand in 2008–09
by Haughton, Jonathan & Khandker, Shahidur R.
- 93-107 Adding Environment to the Collective Action Problem: Individuals, Civil Society, and the Mangrove-Fishery Commons in Ecuador
by Beitl, Christine M.
- 108-126 FDI Spillovers and Time since Foreign Entry
by Merlevede, Bruno & Schoors, Koen & Spatareanu, Mariana
- 127-138 Aid Effectiveness in Times of Political Change: Lessons from the Post-Communist Transition
by Frot, Emmanuel & Olofsgård, Anders & Berlin, Maria Perrotta
- 139-152 Crime and Microenterprise Growth: Evidence from Mexico
by BenYishay, Ariel & Pearlman, Sarah
- 153-171 What Determines Gender Inequality in Household Food Security in Kenya? Application of Exogenous Switching Treatment Regression
by Kassie, Menale & Ndiritu, Simon Wagura & Stage, Jesper
- 172-199 Determinants of Donor Generosity: A Survey of the Aid Budget Literature
by Fuchs, Andreas & Dreher, Axel & Nunnenkamp, Peter
- 200-213 Diversification and Development in Pastoralist Ethiopia
by Headey, Derek & Taffesse, Alemayehu Seyoum & You, Liangzhi
- 214-225 How Public Pension affects Elderly Labor Supply and Well-being: Evidence from India
by Kaushal, Neeraj
- 226-242 Food Standards are Good – For Middle-Class Farmers
by Hansen, Henrik & Trifković, Neda
- 243-257 Industrialization Trajectories in Madagascar’s Export Apparel Industry: Ownership, Embeddedness, Markets, and Upgrading
by Morris, Mike & Staritz, Cornelia
- 258-271 The Paradox of Export Growth in Areas of Weak Governance: The Case of the Ready Made Garment Sector in Bangladesh
by Ahmed, Faisal Z. & Greenleaf, Anne & Sacks, Audrey
- 272-286 How Much Infrastructure Is Too Much? A New Approach and Evidence from China
by Shi, Hao & Huang, Shaoqing
- 287-301 Taxation and Democratization
by Baskaran, Thushyanthan
- 302-312 Adding Value to Randomization with Qualitative Analysis: The Case of Microcredit in Rural Morocco
by Morvant-Roux, Solène & Guérin, Isabelle & Roesch, Marc & Moisseron, Jean-Yves
- 313-331 Self-Employment in the Developing World
by Gindling, T.H. & Newhouse, David
2014, Volume 55, Issue C
- 1-6 Land Tenure and Tropical Forest Carbon Management
by Naughton-Treves, Lisa & Wendland, Kelly
- 7-20 Governance, Location and Avoided Deforestation from Protected Areas: Greater Restrictions Can Have Lower Impact, Due to Differences in Location
by Pfaff, Alexander & Robalino, Juan & Lima, Eirivelthon & Sandoval, Catalina & Herrera, Luis Diego
- 21-36 Complex Tenure and Deforestation: Implications for Conservation Incentives in the Ecuadorian Amazon
by Holland, Margaret B. & de Koning, Free & Morales, Manuel & Naughton-Treves, Lisa & Robinson, Brian E. & Suárez, Luis
- 37-52 How are REDD+ Proponents Addressing Tenure Problems? Evidence from Brazil, Cameroon, Tanzania, Indonesia, and Vietnam
by Sunderlin, William D. & Larson, Anne M. & Duchelle, Amy E. & Resosudarmo, Ida Aju Pradnja & Huynh, Thu Ba & Awono, Abdon & Dokken, Therese
- 53-67 Linking Forest Tenure Reform, Environmental Compliance, and Incentives: Lessons from REDD+ Initiatives in the Brazilian Amazon
by Duchelle, Amy E. & Cromberg, Marina & Gebara, Maria Fernanda & Guerra, Raissa & Melo, Tadeu & Larson, Anne & Cronkleton, Peter & Börner, Jan & Sills, Erin & Wunder, Sven & Bauch, Simone & May, Peter & Selaya, Galia & Sunderlin, William D.
- 68-83 Does Tenure Security Lead to REDD+ Project Effectiveness? Reflections from Five Emerging Sites in Indonesia
by Resosudarmo, Ida Aju Pradnja & Atmadja, Stibniati & Ekaputri, Andini Desita & Intarini, Dian Y. & Indriatmoko, Yayan & Astri, Pangestuti
2014, Volume 54, Issue C
- 1-17 Social Capital and Improved Stoves Usage Decisions in the Northern Peruvian Andes
by Agurto Adrianzén, Marcos
- 18-31 Women’s Land Rights and Children’s Human Capital in Vietnam
by Menon, Nidhiya & van der Meulen Rodgers, Yana & Nguyen, Huong
- 32-45 Economic Development without Pre-Requisites: How Bolivian Producers Met Strict Food Safety Standards and Dominated the Global Brazil-Nut Market
by Coslovsky, Salo V.
- 46-55 The Role of Religion in Community-based Natural Resource Management
by Cox, Michael & Villamayor-Tomas, Sergio & Hartberg, Yasha
- 56-67 Exploitative Briefcase Businessmen, Parasites, and Other Myths and Legends: Assembly Traders and the Performance of Maize Markets in Eastern and Southern Africa
by Sitko, Nicholas J. & Jayne, T.S.
- 68-80 Integrated Landscape Initiatives for African Agriculture, Development, and Conservation: A Region-Wide Assessment
by Milder, Jeffrey C. & Hart, Abigail K. & Dobie, Philip & Minai, Joshua & Zaleski, Christi
- 81-98 Are Remittances and Foreign Aid a Hedge Against Food Price Shocks in Developing Countries?
by Combes, Jean-Louis & Ebeke, Christian Hubert & Etoundi, Sabine Mireille Ntsama & Yogo, Thierry Urbain
- 99-113 Downward Accountability in Unequal Alliances: Explaining NGO Responses to Zapatista Demands
by Andrews, Abigail
- 114-138 Growth and Volatility of Tax Revenues in Latin America
by Fricke, Hans & Süssmuth, Bernd
- 139-155 Long-Term Effects of Civil Conflict on Women’s Health Outcomes in Peru
by Grimard, F. & Laszlo, S.
- 156-167 Transitions of Innovation Activities in Latecomer Countries: An Exploratory Case Study of South Korea
by Choung, Jae-Yong & Hwang, Hye-Ran & Song, Wichin
- 168-190 The Effect of Development Aid Unpredictability and Migrants’ Remittances on Fiscal Consolidation in Developing Countries
by Gnangnon, Sèna Kimm
- 191-203 The Political Economy of Slums: Theory and Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa
by Fox, Sean
- 204-219 Firm Productivity, Exchange Rate Movements, Sources of Finance, and Export Orientation
by Caglayan, Mustafa & Demir, Firat
- 220-231 Rent-seeking at Home, Capturing Market Share Abroad: The Domestic Determinants of the Transnationalization of China State Construction Engineering Corporation
by Liou, Chih-shian
- 232-242 The Lasting Impact of Parental Early Life Malnutrition on Their Offspring: Evidence from the China Great Leap Forward Famine
by Kim, Seonghoon & Deng, Quheng & Fleisher, Belton M. & Li, Shi
- 243-252 Land Contestation at the Micro Scale: Struggles for Space in the African Marshes
by Ansoms, An & Wagemakers, Inge & Madison Walker, Michael & Murison, Jude
- 253-272 The Tertiary Tilt: Education and Inequality in the Developing World
by Gruber, Lloyd & Kosack, Stephen
- 273-287 How Successful Transnational Non-governmental Organizations Set Themselves up for Failure on the Ground
by Balboa, Cristina M.
- 288-300 Scale-up Nation: China’s Specialization in Innovative Manufacturing
by Nahm, Jonas & Steinfeld, Edward S.
- 301-324 Over-Indebtedness in Microfinance – An Empirical Analysis of Related Factors on the Borrower Level
by Schicks, Jessica
- 325-337 Involving Communities in the Targeting of Cash Transfer Programs for Vulnerable Children: Opportunities and Challenges
by Robertson, Laura & Mushati, Phyllis & Skovdal, Morten & Eaton, Jeffrey W. & Makoni, Jeremiah C. & Crea, Tom & Mavise, Gideon & Dumba, Lovemore & Schumacher, Christina & Sherr, Lorraine & Nyamukapa, Constance & Gregson, Simon
- 338-349 Remittances and Financial Inclusion: Evidence from El Salvador
by Anzoategui, Diego & Demirgüç-Kunt, Asli & Martínez Pería, María Soledad
- 350-359 Do Sanitary, Phytosanitary, and Quality-related Standards Affect International Trade? Evidence from Chilean Fruit Exports
by Melo, Oscar & Engler, Alejandra & Nahuehual, Laura & Cofre, Gabriela & Barrena, José
- 360-373 Preferences for Community-based Targeting - Field Experimental Evidence from Zambia
by Schüring, Esther
2014, Volume 53, Issue C
- 2-13 Decentralization and Governance
by Faguet, Jean-Paul
- 14-25 Second Generation Fiscal Federalism: Political Aspects of Decentralization and Economic Development
by Weingast, Barry R.
- 26-45 The Politics of Federalism in Argentina and its Implications for Governance and Accountability
by Ardanaz, Martín & Leiras, Marcelo & Tommasi, Mariano
- 46-54 Constitutional Structures for a Strong Democracy: Considerations on the Government of Pakistan
by Myerson, Roger
- 55-67 Decentralization and Veiled Corruption under China’s “Rule of Mandates”
by Birney, Mayling
- 68-79 Water Reforms, Decentralization and Child Mortality in Colombia, 1990–2005
by Granados, Claudia & Sánchez, Fabio
- 80-93 Traditional Governance, Citizen Engagement, and Local Public Goods: Evidence from Mexico
by Díaz-Cayeros, Alberto & Magaloni, Beatriz & Ruiz-Euler, Alexander
- 94-110 The Effects of Participatory Budgeting on Municipal Expenditures and Infant Mortality in Brazil
by Gonçalves, Sónia
2013, Volume 52, Issue C
- 1-18 Does Trade Foster Employment Growth in Emerging Markets? Evidence from Turkey
by Lo Turco, Alessia & Maggioni, Daniela
- 19-33 Is Small Beautiful? Financial Structure, Size and Access to Finance
by Beck, Thorsten & Demirgüç-Kunt, Asli & Singer, Dorothe
- 34-54 Female Empowerment as a Core Driver of Democratic Development: A Dynamic Panel Model from 1980 to 2005
by Wyndow, Paula & Li, Jianghong & Mattes, Eugen
- 55-70 A Life Course Model of Human Rights Realization, Female Empowerment, and Gender Inequality in India
by Chaudhuri, Sanjukta
- 71-91 The Women’s Empowerment in Agriculture Index
by Alkire, Sabina & Meinzen-Dick, Ruth & Peterman, Amber & Quisumbing, Agnes & Seymour, Greg & Vaz, Ana
- 92-103 Does Economic Globalization affect Regional Inequality? A Cross-country Analysis
by Ezcurra, Roberto & Rodríguez-Pose, Andrés
- 104-119 Joint Titling in Rural Peru: Impact on Women’s Participation in Household Decision-Making
by Wiig, Henrik
- 120-131 Oil Exporters’ Dilemma: How Much to Save and How Much to Invest
by Cherif, Reda & Hasanov, Fuad
- 132-143 Soybeans, Poverty and Inequality in the Brazilian Amazon
by Weinhold, Diana & Killick, Evan & Reis, Eustáquio J.
2013, Volume 51, Issue C
- 1-19 Lasting Welfare Effects of Widowhood in Mali
by van de Walle, Dominique
- 20-31 Violence, Instability, and Trade: Evidence from Kenya’s Cut Flower Sector
by Muhammad, Andrew & D’Souza, Anna & Amponsah, William
- 32-46 Capital Flight in the Presence of Domestic Borrowing: Evidence from Eastern European Economies
by Brada, Josef C. & Kutan, Ali M. & Vukšić, Goran
- 47-61 Does Industry Affiliation Influence Wages? Evidence from Indonesia and the Asian Financial Crisis
by Mehta, Aashish & Sun, Wei
- 62-70 Food Versus Fuel: Extractive Industries, Insecure Land Tenure, and Gaps in World Food Production
by Rudel, Thomas K.
- 71-90 The Vulnerability of Microfinance to Financial Turmoil – Evidence from the Global Financial Crisis
by Wagner, Charlotte & Winkler, Adalbert
- 91-103 The Determinants of Capital Intensity in Manufacturing: The Role of Factor Market Imperfections
by Hasan, Rana & Mitra, Devashish & Sundaram, Asha
- 104-118 Export Upgrading and Growth: The Prerequisite of Domestic Embeddedness
by Poncet, Sandra & Starosta de Waldemar, Felipe
- 119-131 Are Carbon Taxes Good for the Poor? A General Equilibrium Analysis for Vietnam
by Coxhead, Ian & Wattanakuljarus, Anan & Nguyen, Chan V.
- 132-153 Monetization, Financial Development, and Growth: Time Series Evidence from 22 Countries in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Rousseau, Peter L. & D’Onofrio, Alexandra
- 154-168 Political Influence of Exporting and Import-Competing Firms: Evidence from Eastern European and Central Asian Countries
by Yasar, Mahmut
- 169-186 Anti-dumping Duties and their Impact on Exporters: Firm Level Evidence from China
by Chandra, Piyush & Long, Cheryl
- 187-206 How Much Do Rights Matter?
by Fedderke, Johannes & Klitgaard, Robert
- 207-220 Child Labor Variation by Type of Respondent: Evidence from a Large-Scale Study
by Dammert, Ana C. & Galdo, Jose
- 221-233 Drivers of Export Upgrading
by Zhu, Shujin & Fu, Xiaolan
- 234-244 Escaping Capability Traps Through Problem Driven Iterative Adaptation (PDIA)
by Andrews, Matt & Pritchett, Lant & Woolcock, Michael
2013, Volume 50, Issue C
- 1-12 Implementing Social Protection in Agro-pastoralist and Pastoralist Areas: How Local Distribution Structures Moderate PSNP Outcomes in Ethiopia
by Sabates-Wheeler, Rachel & Lind, Jeremy & Hoddinott, John
- 13-23 Motives to Remit: Evidence from Tracked Internal Migrants in Ethiopia
by de Brauw, Alan & Mueller, Valerie & Woldehanna, Tassew
- 24-40 The Impact of Remittances on Investment and Poverty in Ghana
by Adams, Richard H. & Cuecuecha, Alfredo
- 41-56 FDI and Local Linkages in Developing Countries: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa
by Amendolagine, Vito & Boly, Amadou & Coniglio, Nicola Daniele & Prota, Francesco & Seric, Adnan
- 57-73 A Drop of Water in the Indian Ocean? The Impact of GlobalGap Certification on Lychee Farmers in Madagascar
by Subervie, Julie & Vagneron, Isabelle
- 74-90 Who Benefits from Economic Freedom? Unraveling the Effect of Economic Freedom on Subjective Well-Being
by Gehring, Kai
2013, Volume 49, Issue C
- 1-8 On The Choice and Impacts of Innovative International Food Assistance Instruments
by Lentz, Erin C. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Gómez, Miguel I. & Maxwell, Daniel G.
- 9-18 The Timeliness and Cost-Effectiveness of the Local and Regional Procurement of Food Aid
by Lentz, Erin C. & Passarelli, Simone & Barrett, Christopher B.
- 19-29 Market Prices and Food Aid Local and Regional Procurement and Distribution: A Multi-Country Analysis
by Garg, Teevrat & Barrett, Christopher B. & Gómez, Miguel I. & Lentz, Erin C. & Violette, William J.
- 30-43 Recipients’ Satisfaction with Locally Procured Food Aid Rations: Comparative Evidence from a Three Country Matched Survey
by Violette, William J. & Harou, Aurélie P. & Upton, Joanna B. & Bell, Samuel D. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Gómez, Miguel I. & Lentz, Erin C.
- 44-57 Tradeoffs or Synergies? Assessing Local and Regional Food Aid Procurement through Case Studies in Burkina Faso and Guatemala
by Harou, Aurélie P. & Upton, Joanna B. & Lentz, Erin C. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Gómez, Miguel I.
- 58-67 Enhancing Nutrition: A New Tool for Ex-Ante Comparison of Commodity-based Vouchers and Food Transfers
by Ryckembusch, David & Frega, Romeo & Silva, Marcio Guilherme & Gentilini, Ugo & Sanogo, Issa & Grede, Nils & Brown, Lynn
- 68-79 What Drives Program Choice in Food Security Crises? Examining the “Response Analysis” Question
by Maxwell, Daniel G. & Parker, John W. & Stobaugh, Heather C.
2013, Volume 48, Issue C
- 1-18 Contemporary Processes of Large-Scale Land Acquisition in Sub-Saharan Africa: Legal Deficiency or Elite Capture of the Rule of Law?
by German, Laura & Schoneveld, George & Mwangi, Esther
- 19-31 Bad Governance and Poor Children: A Comparative Analysis of Government Efficiency and Severe Child Deprivation in 68 Low- and Middle-income Countries
by Halleröd, Björn & Rothstein, Bo & Daoud, Adel & Nandy, Shailen
- 32-47 Geography of Gender Gaps: Regional Patterns of Income and Farm–Nonfarm Interaction Among Male- and Female-Headed Households in Eight African Countries
by Andersson Djurfeldt, Agnes & Djurfeldt, Göran & Bergman Lodin, Johanna
- 48-70 Child Poverty in an Emergency and Conflict Context: A Multidimensional Profile and an Identification of the Poorest Children in Western Darfur
by Trani, Jean-François & Cannings, Tim I.
- 71-87 Institutional Solutions to the Asymmetric Information Problem in Health and Development Services for the Poor
by Leonard, David K. & Bloom, Gerald & Hanson, Kara & O’Farrell, Juan & Spicer, Neil