A Risk Programming Approach for Analysing Contractual Choice in the Presence of Transaction Costs
AbstractA simple conceptual approach is developed that relates choice of utility-maximising contractual arrangements to transaction costs, transformation costs and risk associated with different arrangements. The approach provides a technique for incorporating transaction costs into risk programming models. A simple illustrative target MOTAD model is presented using hypothetical data, and changes in preferred contractual forms are examined as risk preferences, transaction costs and risks are varied. Copyright 1999 by Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics in its journal European Review of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 26 (1999)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://www.erae.oupjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dorward, Andrew & Kydd, Jonathan & Morrison, Jamie & Urey, Ian, 2002.
"A Policy Agenda For Pro Poor Agricultural Growth,"
ADU Working Papers
10923, Imperial College at Wye, Department of Agricultural Sciences.
- Hardaker, J. Brian & Lien, Gudbrand D. & Van Asseldonk, Marcel A.P.M. & Richardson, James W. & Hegrenes, Agnar, 2008.
"Risk programming and sparse data: how to get more reliable results,"
2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium
44051, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Lien, Gudbrand & Hardaker, J. Brian & Asseldonk, Marcel A.P.M. van & Richardson, James W., 2009. "Risk programming and sparse data: how to get more reliable results," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 101(1-2), pages 42-48, June.
- Fernández Olmos, Marta, 2010. "The performance implications of "grow or buy" decisions in the wine industry," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 256-264, June.
- Ji, Chen & de Felipe, Isabel & Briz, Julian & Trienekens, Jacques H., 2012. "An Empirical Study on Governance Structure Choices in ChinaÂ´s Pork Supply Chain," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 15(2).
- Sartorius, Kurt & Kirsten, Johann, 2007. "A framework to facilitate institutional arrangements for smallholder supply in developing countries: An agribusiness perspective," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5-6), pages 640-655.
- Polman, Nico B.P. & Peerlings, Jack H.M., 2002. "The Role of Transaction Costs and Bargaining Power in Wildlife and Landscape Services Production: A Micro-Econometric Model for Dutch Dairy Farms," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24948, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.