Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: P.K. Thornton
Editor: P.B.M. Berentsen
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier)
Series handle: repec:eee:agisys
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2013, Volume 122, Issue C
- 1-10 A whole-farm profitability analysis of organic and conventional cropping systems
by Delbridge, Timothy A. & Fernholz, Carmen & King, Robert P. & Lazarus, William
- 11-21 EIS Pesticides: An environmental information system to characterize agricultural activities and calculate agro-environmental indicators at embedded watershed scales
by Vernier, Françoise & Miralles, André & Pinet, François & Carluer, Nadia & Gouy, Véronique & Molla, Guilhem & Petit, Kevin
- 22-32 Adoption of improved potato varieties in Ethiopia: The role of agricultural knowledge and innovation system and smallholder farmers’ quality assessment
by Abebe, Gumataw K. & Bijman, Jos & Pascucci, Stefano & Omta, Onno
- 33-41 Detailed description of grazing systems using nonlinear optimisation methods: A model of a pasture-based New Zealand dairy farm
by Doole, Graeme J. & Romera, Alvaro J.
- 42-52 Cognitive mapping: A method to elucidate and present farmers’ risk perception
by van Winsen, Frankwin & de Mey, Yann & Lauwers, Ludwig & Van Passel, Steven & Vancauteren, Mark & Wauters, Erwin
- 53-59 Simultaneous modelling of the determinants of the partial inputs productivity in the municipality of Banikoara, Northern Benin
by Kokoye, Sènakpon E. Haroll & Yabi, Jacob A. & Tovignan, Silvère D. & Yegbemey, Rosaine N. & Nuppenau, Ernst-August
- 60-72 Modeling the environmental behavior and performance of livestock farmers in China: An ABM approach
by Zheng, Chaohui & Liu, Yi & Bluemling, Bettina & Chen, Jining & Mol, Arthur P.J.
- 73-78 Life cycle assessment of the potential carbon credit from no- and reduced-tillage winter wheat-based cropping systems in Eastern Washington State
by Zaher, U. & Stöckle, C. & Painter, K. & Higgins, S.
2013, Volume 121, Issue C
- 1-8 The ENSO effect on peanut yield as influenced by planting date and soil type
by Woli, Prem & Paz, Joel O. & Hoogenboom, Gerrit & Garcia y Garcia, Axel & Fraisse, Clyde W.
- 9-22 Evaluation of a feeding strategy to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from dairy farming: The level of analysis matters
by Van Middelaar, C.E. & Berentsen, P.B.M. & Dijkstra, J. & De Boer, I.J.M.
- 23-32 Cover crops effect on farm benefits and nitrate leaching: Linking economic and environmental analysis
by Gabriel, José Luis & Garrido, Alberto & Quemada, Miguel
- 33-42 Comparing the environmental impacts of alternative protein crops in poultry diets: The consequences of uncertainty
by Leinonen, Ilkka & Williams, Adrian G. & Waller, Anthony H. & Kyriazakis, Ilias
- 43-52 The effects of natural disasters on farm household income and expenditures: A study on rice farmers in Bangladesh
by Mottaleb, Khondoker Abdul & Mohanty, Samarendu & Hoang, Hoa Thi Khanh & Rejesus, Roderick M.
- 53-62 Simulation analysis of factors affecting sorghum yield at selected sites in eastern and southern Africa, with emphasis on increasing temperatures
by Turner, Neil C. & Rao, K.P.C.
- 63-72 Feasibility and competitiveness of intensive smallholder dairy farming in Brazil in comparison with soya and sugarcane: Case study of the Balde Cheio Programme
by Novo, André Monteiro & Slingerland, Maja & Jansen, Kees & Kanellopoulos, Argyris & Giller, Ken E.
- 73-80 Environmental efficiency, productivity and public funds: The case of the Italian agricultural industry
by Falavigna, Greta & Manello, Alessandro & Pavone, Sara
- 81-95 Family farmers and biodiesel production: Systems thinking and multi-level decisions in Northern Minas Gerais, Brazil
by Florin, Madeleine J. & van Ittersum, Martin K. & van de Ven, Gerrie W.J.
- 96-105 Tradeoffs in crop residue utilization in mixed crop–livestock systems and implications for conservation agriculture
by Jaleta, Moti & Kassie, Menale & Shiferaw, Bekele
- 106-116 A survey-based exploration of land-system dynamics in an agricultural region of Northeast China
by Yu, Qiangyi & Wu, Wenbin & Verburg, Peter H. & van Vliet, Jasper & Yang, Peng & Zhou, Qingbo & Tang, Huajun
- 117-129 Operational planning of herbicide-based weed management
by Lodovichi, Mariela V. & Blanco, Aníbal M. & Chantre, Guillermo R. & Bandoni, J. Alberto & Sabbatini, Mario R. & Vigna, Mario & López, Ricardo & Gigón, Ramón
- 130-134 Typology and physical–chemical characterization of bovine milk produced with different productions strategies
by Gabbi, A.M. & McManus, C.M. & Silva, A.V. & Marques, L.T. & Zanela, M.B. & Stumpf, M.P. & Fischer, V.
2013, Volume 120, Issue C
- 2-9 Life cycle assessment of phosphorus use efficient wheat grown in Australia
by Ridoutt, Bradley G. & Wang, Enli & Sanguansri, Peerasak & Luo, Zhongkui
- 10-19 A simple regional downscaling approach for spatially distributing land use types for agricultural land
by Gärtner, Dominique & Keller, Armin & Schulin, Rainer
- 20-26 Farmers’ perceptions of the quality of extension services provided by non-governmental organisations in two municipalities in the Central Region of Ghana
by Buadi, Donus K. & Anaman, Kwabena A. & Kwarteng, Joseph A.
- 27-37 A typological characterization of dairy Assaf breed sheep farms at NW of Spain based on structural factor
by Riveiro, J.A. & Mantecón, A.R. & Álvarez, C.J. & Lavín, P.
- 38-48 Sustainability of holistic and conventional cattle ranching in the seasonally dry tropics of Chiapas, Mexico
by Ferguson, Bruce G. & Diemont, Stewart A.W. & Alfaro-Arguello, Rigoberto & Martin, Jay F. & Nahed-Toral, José & Álvarez-Solís, David & Pinto-Ruíz, René
- 49-60 Farmer perception of suitable conditions for slurry application compared with decision support system recommendations
by Kerebel, A. & Cassidy, R. & Jordan, P. & Holden, N.M.
- 61-75 Pan-European crop modelling with EPIC: Implementation, up-scaling and regional crop yield validation
by Balkovič, Juraj & van der Velde, Marijn & Schmid, Erwin & Skalský, Rastislav & Khabarov, Nikolay & Obersteiner, Michael & Stürmer, Bernhard & Xiong, Wei
- 76-84 Opportunistic Mediterranean agriculture – Using ephemeral pasture legumes to utilize summer rainfall
by Nicol, Dion L. & Finlayson, John & Colmer, Timothy D. & Ryan, Megan H.
2013, Volume 119, Issue C
- 1-9 Intensification of coffee systems can increase the effectiveness of REDD mechanisms
by Noponen, Martin R.A. & Haggar, Jeremy P. & Edwards-Jones, Gareth & Healey, John R.
- 10-21 Interactions between land use change, regional development, and climate change in the Poyang Lake district from 1985 to 2035
by Yan, Dan & Schneider, Uwe A. & Schmid, Erwin & Huang, He Qing & Pan, Lihu & Dilly, Oliver
- 22-34 Modeling maize yield responses to improvement in nutrient, water and cultivar inputs in sub-Saharan Africa
by Folberth, Christian & Yang, Hong & Gaiser, Thomas & Abbaspour, Karim C. & Schulin, Rainer
- 35-42 Dilemma in participatory selection of varieties
by Misiko, M.
- 44-57 Influence of climate change on short term management of field crops – A modelling approach
by Aurbacher, Joachim & Parker, Phillip S. & Calberto Sánchez, Germán A. & Steinbach, Jennifer & Reinmuth, Evelyn & Ingwersen, Joachim & Dabbert, Stephan
2013, Volume 118, Issue C
- 1-13 Evaluation of effects of cotton policy changes on land and water use in Uzbekistan: Application of a bio-economic farm model at the level of a water users association
by Djanibekov, Nodir & Sommer, Rolf & Djanibekov, Utkur
- 14-22 Implications of a shift in irrigation technology on resource use efficiency: A Syrian case
by Yigezu, Yigezu A. & Ahmed, Mohamed A. & Shideed, Kamil & Aw-Hassan, Aden & El-Shater, Tamer & Al-Atwan, Samman
- 23-32 The impact of climate change on permanent crops in an Alpine region: A Ricardian analysis
by De Salvo, Maria & Raffaelli, Roberta & Moser, Riccarda
- 33-40 Economically optimal crop sequences using risk-adjusted network flows: Modeling cotton crop rotations in the southeastern United States
by Salassi, Michael E. & Deliberto, Michael A. & Guidry, Kurt M.
- 41-51 CASIMOD’N: An agro-hydrological distributed model of catchment-scale nitrogen dynamics integrating farming system decisions
by Moreau, Pierre & Ruiz, Laurent & Vertès, Françoise & Baratte, Christine & Delaby, Luc & Faverdin, Philippe & Gascuel-Odoux, Chantal & Piquemal, Benoit & Ramat, Eric & Salmon-Monviola, Jordy & Durand, Patrick
- 52-64 Combining a typology and a conceptual model of cropping system to explore the diversity of relationships between ecosystem services: The case of erosion control in coffee-based agroforestry systems in Costa Rica
by Meylan, Louise & Merot, Anne & Gary, Christian & Rapidel, Bruno
- 65-77 Unravelling the role of innovation platforms in supporting co-evolution of innovation: Contributions and tensions in a smallholder dairy development programme
by Kilelu, Catherine W. & Klerkx, Laurens & Leeuwis, Cees
- 78-90 Data Envelopment Analysis of sustainability indicators of European agricultural systems at regional level
by Gerdessen, Johanna C. & Pascucci, Stefano
- 91-104 Courting the rain: Rethinking seasonality and adaptation to recurrent drought in semi-arid southern Africa
by Milgroom, J. & Giller, K.E.
2013, Volume 117, Issue C
- 1-12 Adapting to uncertainty associated with short-term climate variability changes in irrigated Mediterranean farming systems
by Dono, Gabriele & Cortignani, Raffaele & Doro, Luca & Giraldo, Luca & Ledda, Luigi & Pasqui, Massimiliano & Roggero, Pier Paolo
- 13-18 Framing integrated research to address a dynamically complex issue: The red headed cockchafer challenge
by Miller, Craig & Newell, Barry
- 19-29 Cropping system effects on sorghum grain yield, soil organic carbon, and global warming potential in central and south Texas
by Meki, Manyowa N. & Kemanian, Armen R. & Potter, Steven R. & Blumenthal, Jürg M. & Williams, Jimmy R. & Gerik, Thomas J.
- 30-34 Climate change awareness is associated with enhanced adaptive capacity
by Marshall, N.A. & Park, S. & Howden, S.M. & Dowd, A.B. & Jakku, E.S.
- 35-44 The relative profitability of dairy, sheep, beef and grain farm enterprises in southeast Australia under selected rainfall and price scenarios
by Browne, Natalie & Kingwell, Ross & Behrendt, Ralph & Eckard, Richard
- 45-54 Climate change and coconut plantations in India: Impacts and potential adaptation gains
by Naresh Kumar, S. & Aggarwal, P.K.
- 55-65 Adapting crop management practices to climate change: Modeling optimal solutions at the field scale
by Lehmann, Niklaus & Finger, Robert & Klein, Tommy & Calanca, Pierluigi & Walter, Achim
- 66-77 Comparing the determinants of cropland abandonment in Albania and Romania using boosted regression trees
by Müller, Daniel & Leitão, Pedro J. & Sikor, Thomas
- 78-89 Climate change and water security: Estimating the greenhouse gas costs of achieving water security through investments in modern irrigation technology
by Mushtaq, S. & Maraseni, T.N. & Reardon-Smith, K.
- 90-97 Contribution of Non-Timber Forest Products livelihood strategies to rural development in drylands of Sudan: Potentials and failures
by Adam, Yahia Omar & Pretzsch, Jürgen & Pettenella, Davide
2013, Volume 115, Issue C
- 1-9 Autonomy and sustainability: An integrated analysis of the development of new approaches to agrosystem management in family-based farming in Carnaubais Territory, Piauí, Brazil
by Oliveira, Francisco das Chagas & Calle Collado, Ángel & Carvalho Leite, Luiz Fernando
- 10-20 An integrated assessment of business risk for pasture-based dairy farm systems intensification
by Fariña, S.R. & Alford, A. & Garcia, S.C. & Fulkerson, W.J.
- 21-28 Evaluation of mitigation strategies for nitrate leaching on pasture-based dairy systems
by Vogeler, I. & Beukes, P. & Burggraaf, V.
- 29-40 Encouraging system learning in two poultry subsectors
by van Mierlo, Barbara & Janssen, Arni & Leenstra, Ferry & van Weeghel, Ellen
- 41-50 Simulation modelling of temperate grassland based dairy calf to beef production systems
by Ashfield, A. & Crosson, P. & Wallace, M.
- 51-62 A guide for choosing the most appropriate method for multi-criteria assessment of agricultural systems according to decision-makers’ expectations
by Carof, M. & Colomb, B. & Aveline, A.
- 63-71 Mathematical model for strategic planning optimization in the pome fruit industry
by Catalá, Luis P. & Durand, Guillermo A. & Blanco, Aníbal M. & Alberto Bandoni, J.
- 72-82 Contribution of sorghum to productivity of small-holder irrigation schemes: On-farm research in the Senegal River Valley, Mauritania
by García-Ponce, E. & Gómez-Macpherson, H. & Diallo, O. & Djibril, M. & Baba, C. & Porcel, O. & Mathieu, B. & Comas, J. & Mateos, L. & Connor, D.J.
- 83-94 Agrarian change, agricultural modernization and the modelling of agricultural households in Tibet
by Brown, Colin & Waldron, Scott
- 95-103 Economic and environmental impacts of changes in culling parity of cows and diet composition in Japanese beef cow–calf production systems
by Oishi, Kazato & Kato, Yohei & Ogino, Akifumi & Hirooka, Hiroyuki
- 104-116 Bioeconomic model of decision support system for farm management. Part I: Systemic conceptual modeling
by Tanure, Soraya & Nabinger, Carlos & Becker, João Luiz
- 117-128 The distribution of roles and functions for upscaling and outscaling innovations in agricultural innovation systems
by Hermans, Frans & Stuiver, Marian & Beers, P.J. & Kok, Kasper
- 129-136 Man vs. manure: Examining the effects of residential demand on dairy farming in rural America
by Freeman, Tyler & Schoney, Richard & Nolan, James
- 137-143 Satellite detection of earlier wheat sowing in India and implications for yield trends
by Lobell, David B. & Ortiz-Monasterio, J. Ivan & Sibley, Adam M. & Sohu, V.S.
- 144-154 Predicting nitrogen dynamics in a dairy farming catchment using systems synthesis modelling
by Smith, Andrew P. & Western, Andrew W.
2013, Volume 114, Issue C
- 1-5 Generating downscaled weather data from a suite of climate models for agricultural modelling applications
by Jones, Peter G. & Thornton, Philip K.
- 6-14 Analyzing ranch profitability from varying cow sales and heifer replacement rates for beef cow-calf production using system dynamics
by Turner, B.L. & Rhoades, R.D. & Tedeschi, L.O. & Hanagriff, R.D. & McCuistion, K.C. & Dunn, B.H.
- 15-31 Climate change impacts and adaptation scope for agriculture indicated by agro-meteorological metrics
by Rivington, M. & Matthews, K.B. & Buchan, K. & Miller, D.G. & Bellocchi, G. & Russell, G.
- 32-37 Trade-adjusted measures of productivity increases in US hog production
by Mathews, Kenneth H. & Jones, Keithly G. & McConnell, Michael J. & Johnson, Rachel J.
- 38-53 Options to reduce the environmental effects of livestock production – Comparison of two economic models
by Stehfest, Elke & Berg, Maurits van den & Woltjer, Geert & Msangi, Siwa & Westhoek, Henk
- 54-63 Does water harvesting induce fertilizer use among smallholders? Evidence from Ethiopia
by Wakeyo, Mekonnen B. & Gardebroek, Cornelis
- 64-72 Increasing nutrient use efficiency through improved feeding and manure management in urban and peri-urban livestock units of a West African city: A scenario analysis
by Diogo, Rodrigue V.C. & Schlecht, Eva & Buerkert, Andreas & Rufino, Mariana C. & van Wijk, Mark T.
- 73-83 Insights into potato innovation systems in Bolivia, Ethiopia, Peru and Uganda
by Ortiz, Oscar & Orrego, Ricardo & Pradel, Willy & Gildemacher, Peter & Castillo, Renee & Otiniano, Ronal & Gabriel, Julio & Vallejo, Juan & Torres, Omar & Woldegiorgis, Gemebredin & Damene, Belew & Kakuhenzire, Roger & Kasahija, Imelda & Kahiu, Ignatious
- 84-94 Combining agroecology and management science to design field tools under high agrosystem structural or process uncertainty: Lessons from two case studies of grassland management
by Duru, M.
- 95-105 A 2010 map estimate of annually tilled cropland within the conterminous United States
by Johnson, David M.
2012, Volume 113, Issue C
- 1-15 Sustainability assessment of crop protection systems: SustainOS methodology and its application for apple orchards
by Mouron, Patrik & Heijne, Bart & Naef, Andreas & Strassemeyer, Jörn & Hayer, Frank & Avilla, Jesus & Alaphilippe, Aude & Höhn, Heinrich & Hernandez, José & Mack, Gabriele & Gaillard, Gérard & Solé, Joan & Sauphanor, Benoit & Patocchi, Andrea & Samietz, Jörg & Bravin, Esther & Lavigne, Claire & Bohanec, Marko & Golla, Burkhard & Scheer, Christian & Aubert, Ursula & Bigler, Franz
- 16-27 The System of Rice Intensification: Adapted practices, reported outcomes and their relevance in Cambodia
by Ly, Proyuth & Jensen, Lars Stoumann & Bruun, Thilde Bech & Rutz, Dominik & de Neergaard, Andreas
- 28-38 Price induced irrigation water saving: Unraveling conflicts and synergies between European agricultural and water policies for a Greek Water District
by Kampas, Athanasios & Petsakos, Athanasios & Rozakis, Stelios
- 39-49 Design process outputs as boundary objects in agricultural innovation projects: Functions and limitations
by Klerkx, Laurens & van Bommel, Severine & Bos, Bram & Holster, Henri & Zwartkruis, Joyce V. & Aarts, Noelle
- 50-56 Managing mixed wheat–sheep farms with a seasonal forecast
by Asseng, Senthold & Thomas, Dean & McIntosh, Peter & Alves, Oscar & Khimashia, Nirav
- 57-63 Building crop models within different crop modelling frameworks
by Adam, M. & Corbeels, M. & Leffelaar, P.A. & Van Keulen, H. & Wery, J. & Ewert, F.
- 64-72 Quantification of greenhouse gas emissions from open field-grown Florida tomato production
by Jones, Curtis D. & Fraisse, Clyde W. & Ozores-Hampton, Monica
2012, Volume 112, Issue C
- 1-10 A bioeconomic model for analysis of integrated weed management strategies for annual barnyardgrass (Echinochloa crus-galli complex) in Philippine rice farming systems
by Beltran, Jesusa C. & Pannell, David J. & Doole, Graeme J. & White, Benedict
- 11-16 Exploring the relationship between climate change and rice yield in Bangladesh: An analysis of time series data
by Sarker, Md. Abdur Rashid & Alam, Khorshed & Gow, Jeff
- 17-26 Tactical planning of the production and distribution of fresh agricultural products under uncertainty
by Ahumada, Omar & Rene Villalobos, J. & Nicholas Mason, A.
- 27-37 Assessing costs of soil carbon sequestration by crop-livestock farmers in Western Australia
by Kragt, Marit E. & Pannell, David J. & Robertson, Michael J. & Thamo, Tas
- 38-47 Farm level assessments of a novel drought tolerant forage: Tedera (Bituminaria bituminosa C.H. Stirt var. albomarginata)
by Finlayson, John & Real, Daniel & Nordblom, Tom & Revell, Clinton & Ewing, Mike & Kingwell, Ross
- 48-54 Changes in soil organic carbon and climate change – Application of the RothC model in agro-silvo-pastoral Mediterranean systems
by Francaviglia, Rosa & Coleman, Kevin & Whitmore, Andrew P. & Doro, Luca & Urracci, Giulia & Rubino, Mariateresa & Ledda, Luigi
2012, Volume 110, Issue C
- 1-9 Public policies for rural poverty alleviation: The case of agricultural households in the Plateau Central area of Burkina Faso
by Sanfo, Safiétou & Gérard, Françoise
- 10-16 Economic effects of climate change in the Murray–Darling Basin, Australia
by Jiang, Qiang & Grafton, R. Quentin
- 17-29 Coupling the Tradeoff Analysis Model with a market equilibrium model to analyze economic and environmental outcomes of agricultural production systems
by Valdivia, Roberto O. & Antle, John M. & Stoorvogel, Jetse J.
- 30-40 Water footprinting – A comparison of methods using New Zealand dairy farming as a case study
by Zonderland-Thomassen, M.A. & Ledgard, S.F.
- 41-53 Factors influencing farmers’ adoption of modern rice technologies and good management practices in the Philippines
by Mariano, Marc Jim & Villano, Renato & Fleming, Euan
- 54-62 Adoption of water conservation practices: A socioeconomic analysis of small-scale farmers in Central Chile
by Jara-Rojas, Roberto & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Díaz, José
- 63-77 Multi-objective optimization and design of farming systems
by Groot, Jeroen C.J. & Oomen, Gerard J.M. & Rossing, Walter A.H.
- 78-89 Fertilizer use patterns in Yunnan Province, China: Implications for agricultural and environmental policy
by Yunju, Li & Kahrl, Fredrich & Jianjun, Pan & Roland-Holst, David & Yufang, Su & Wilkes, Andreas & Jianchu, Xu
- 90-106 Energy intensity in livestock operations – Modeling of dairy farming systems in Germany
by Kraatz, Simone
- 107-118 Assessing rural landholders diversity in the Wet Tropics region of Queensland, Australia in relation to natural resource management programs: A market segmentation approach
by Emtage, Nicholas & Herbohn, John
- 119-130 Local knowledge of impacts of tree cover on ecosystem services in smallholder coffee production systems
by Cerdán, C.R. & Rebolledo, M.C. & Soto, G. & Rapidel, B. & Sinclair, F.L.
- 131-141 Modeling herd development and revenues for Jabal Akhdar goats under current and intensified management practices
by Dickhoefer, Uta & Nagieb, Maher & dos Santos Neutzling, Aline & Buerkert, Andreas & Schlecht, Eva
- 142-151 Greenhouse gas emission intensities and economic efficiency in crop production: A systems analysis of 95 farms
by Bonesmo, Helge & Skjelvåg, Arne Oddvar & Henry Janzen, H. & Klakegg, Ove & Tveito, Ole Einar
- 152-161 Why has small-scale irrigation not responded to expectations with traditional subsistence farmers along the Senegal River in Mauritania?
by Comas, Jordi & Connor, David & Isselmou, Mohamed El Moctar & Mateos, Luciano & Gómez-Macpherson, Helena
- 162-172 Which policy would work better for improved soil fertility management in sub-Saharan Africa, fertilizer subsidies or carbon credits?
by Marenya, Paswel & Nkonya, Ephraim & Xiong, Wei & Deustua, Jose & Kato, Edward
- 173-177 Land-saving approaches and beef production growth in Brazil
by Martha, Geraldo B. & Alves, Eliseu & Contini, Elisio
2012, Volume 109, Issue C
- 1-8 Optimising control of an agricultural weed in sheep-production pastures
by Chalak, Morteza & Pannell, David J.
- 9-15 Agricultural information exchange and organizational ties: The effect of network topology on managing agrodiversity
by Isaac, Marney E.
- 16-24 Whole-farm effects of livestock intensification in smallholder systems in Gansu, China
by Komarek, Adam M. & McDonald, Cam K. & Bell, Lindsay W. & Whish, Jeremy P.M. & Robertson, Michael J. & MacLeod, Neil D. & Bellotti, William D.
- 25-34 Simulations of plant productivity are affected by modelling approaches of farm management
by Martin, G. & Duru, M. & Schellberg, J. & Ewert, F.
- 35-42 Water use in rain-fed farming at different scales in the Pampas of Argentina
by Frank, F.C. & Viglizzo, E.F.
- 43-52 Survey of nitrogen fertilizer use on corn in Minnesota
by Bierman, Peter M. & Rosen, Carl J. & Venterea, Rodney T. & Lamb, John A.
- 53-64 Farm systems assessment of bioenergy feedstock production: Integrating bio-economic models and life cycle analysis approaches
by Glithero, N.J. & Ramsden, S.J. & Wilson, P.
- 65-75 Field experiments on irrigation dilemmas
by Janssen, Marco A. & Bousquet, François & Cardenas, Juan-Camilo & Castillo, Daniel & Worrapimphong, Kobchai
- 76-89 Grazing as a post-mining land use: A conceptual model of the risk factors
by Maczkowiack, R.I. & Smith, C.S. & Slaughter, G.J. & Mulligan, D.R. & Cameron, D.C.
- 90-100 Policy options to enhance agricultural irrigation in Afghanistan: A canal systems approach
by Reeling, Carson J. & Lee, John & Mitchell, Peter & Halimi, Ghulam Hazrat & Carver, Andrew
- 101-112 Improving irrigated rice production in the Senegal River Valley through experiential learning and innovation
by Krupnik, Timothy J. & Shennan, Carol & Settle, William H. & Demont, Matty & Ndiaye, Alassane B. & Rodenburg, Jonne
2012, Volume 108, Issue C
- 1-9 The crop yield gap between organic and conventional agriculture
by de Ponti, Tomek & Rijk, Bert & van Ittersum, Martin K.
- 10-18 Networks of practice for co-construction of agricultural decision support systems: Case studies of precision dairy farms in Australia
by Eastwood, C.R. & Chapman, D.F. & Paine, M.S.
- 19-28 Strategic agricultural land-use planning in response to water-supplier variation in a China’s rural region
by Lu, H.W. & Huang, G.H. & Zhang, Y.M. & He, L.
- 29-41 Impact of farming on water resources: Assessing uncertainty with Monte Carlo simulations in a global change context
by Graveline, N. & Loubier, S. & Gleyses, G. & Rinaudo, J.-D.
- 42-49 Comparing energy balances, greenhouse gas balances and biodiversity impacts of contrasting farming systems with alternative land uses
by Tuomisto, H.L. & Hodge, I.D. & Riordan, P. & Macdonald, D.W.
- 50-63 Social norms, tenure security and soil conservation: Evidence from Burundi
by Beekman, Gonne & Bulte, Erwin H.
- 64-73 Understanding the adoption of system technologies in smallholder agriculture: The system of rice intensification (SRI) in Timor Leste
by Noltze, Martin & Schwarze, Stefan & Qaim, Matin
- 74-83 An innovation systems approach to institutional change: Smallholder development in West Africa
by Hounkonnou, Dominique & Kossou, Dansou & Kuyper, Thomas W. & Leeuwis, Cees & Nederlof, E. Suzanne & Röling, Niels & Sakyi-Dawson, Owuraku & Traoré, Mamoudou & van Huis, Arnold
- 84-93 A case study of the potential environmental impacts of different dairy production systems in Georgia
by Belflower, Jeff B. & Bernard, John K. & Gattie, David K. & Hancock, Dennis W. & Risse, Lawrence M. & Alan Rotz, C.
- 94-103 Engaging project proponents in R&D evaluation using bio-economic and socio-economic tools
by Kuehne, Geoff & Nicholson, Cam & Robertson, Michael & Llewellyn, Rick & McDonald, Cam
- 104-111 Global warming impact of Florida’s Not-From-Concentrate (NFC) orange juice
by Dwivedi, Puneet & Spreen, Thomas & Goodrich-Schneider, Renée
- 112-122 Social capital and agricultural innovation in Sub-Saharan Africa
by van Rijn, Fédes & Bulte, Erwin & Adekunle, Adewale
2012, Volume 107, Issue C
- 1-12 Sequence effects among crops on alluvial-derived soil compared with those on glacial till-derived soil in the northern Great Plains, USA
by Merrill, Stephen D. & Tanaka, Donald L. & Liebig, Mark A. & Krupinsky, Joseph M. & Hanson, Jonathan D. & Anderson, Randy L.
- 13-20 Nitrogen use and the effects of nitrogen taxation under consideration of production and price risks
by Finger, Robert
- 21-32 Groundwater markets under the water scarcity and declining watertable conditions: The upland Balochistan Region of Pakistan
by Khair, Syed M. & Mushtaq, Shahbaz & Culas, Richard J. & Hafeez, Mohsin
- 33-46 A life cycle assessment of seasonal grass-based and confinement dairy farms
by O’Brien, Donal & Shalloo, Laurence & Patton, Joe & Buckley, Frank & Grainger, Chris & Wallace, Michael
- 47-55 Bt cotton and sustainability of pesticide reductions in India
by Krishna, Vijesh V. & Qaim, Matin
- 56-64 A system dynamics approach to land use changes in agro-pastoral systems on the desert margins of Sahel
by Rasmussen, Laura Vang & Rasmussen, Kjeld & Reenberg, Anette & Proud, Simon
- 65-73 The intuitive world of farmers – The case of grazing management systems and experts
by Nuthall, Peter L.
- 74-82 Modelling rice and cotton acreage response in the Murray Darling Basin in Australia
by Agbola, Frank W. & Evans, Nigel
- 83-91 The social and other impacts of a cattle/crop innovation in Cambodia
by Maxwell, T.W. & Songly, You & Ung, Boratana & Peou, Leakhna & Reid, Jenny
2012, Volume 106, Issue 1
- 1-10 The life cycle impacts of feed for modern grow-finish Northern Great Plains US swine production
by Stone, James J. & Dollarhide, Christopher R. & Benning, Jennifer L. & Gregg Carlson, C. & Clay, David E.
- 11-22 Agricultural land management strategies to reduce phosphorus loads in the Gippsland Lakes, Australia
by Roberts, Anna M. & Pannell, David J. & Doole, Graeme & Vigiak, Olga
- 23-32 Influence of plant traits on production costs and profitability of strawberry in southeast Queensland
by Herrington, Mark E. & Wegener, Malcolm & Hardner, Craig & Woolcock, Louella L. & Dieters, Mark J.
- 33-45 Farmers use intuition to reinvent analytic decision support for managing seasonal climatic variability
by McCown, R.L. & Carberry, P.S. & Dalgliesh, N.P. & Foale, M.A. & Hochman, Z.
- 46-58 Review and analysis of documented patterns of agricultural research impacts in Southeast Asia
by Maredia, Mywish K. & Raitzer, David A.
- 59-71 Extending results from agricultural fields with intensively monitored data to surrounding areas for water quality management
by Heilman, P. & Malone, R.W. & Ma, L. & Hatfield, J.L. & Ahuja, L.R. & Boyle, K.P. & Kanwar, R.S.
- 72-83 Managing the grazing landscape: Insights for agricultural adaptation from a mid-drought photo-elicitation study in the Australian sheep-wheat belt
by Sherren, Kate & Fischer, Joern & Fazey, Ioan
- 84-93 Potassium carryover dynamics and optimal application policies in cotton production
by Harper, David C. & Lambert, Dayton M. & Larson, James A. & Gwathmey, C. Owen
- 94-101 A longitudinal examination of business performance indicators for drought-affected farms
by Lawes, R.A. & Kingwell, R.S.
- 102-112 A bio-economic evaluation of the profitability of adopting subtropical grasses and pasture-cropping on crop–livestock farms
by Finlayson, J.D. & Lawes, R.A. & Metcalf, T. & Robertson, M.J. & Ferris, D. & Ewing, M.A.
2011, Volume 104, Issue 9
- 655-665 Second-order cybernetics as a tool to understand why pastoralists do what they do
by Kaufmann, Brigitte A.
- 666-670 Using automated monitoring systems to uncover pest population dynamics in agricultural fields
by Okuyama, Toshinori & Yang, En-Cheng & Chen, Chia-Pang & Lin, Tzu-Shiang & Chuang, Cheng-Long & Jiang, Joe-Air
- 671-678 Revenue risk management, risk aversion and the use of Livestock Gross Margin for Dairy Cattle insurance
by Valvekar, Mayuri & Chavas, Jean P. & Gould, Brian W. & Cabrera, Victor E.
- 679-688 Emergy assessment of a coffee farm in Brazilian Cerrado considering in a broad form the environmental services, negative externalities and fair price
by Giannetti, B.F. & Ogura, Y. & Bonilla, S.H. & Almeida, C.M.V.B.
- 689-693 Competitiveness of beef farming in Rio Grande do Sul State, Brazil
by Marques, P.R. & Barcellos, J.O.J. & McManus, C. & Oaigen, R.P. & Collares, F.C. & Canozzi, M.E.A. & Lampert, V.N.
- 694-702 Spatially targeting the distribution of agricultural input stockists in Malawi
by Farrow, Andrew & Risinamhodzi, Kumbirai & Zingore, Shamie & Delve, Robert J.
- 703-713 Exploring global irrigation patterns: A multilevel modelling approach
by Neumann, Kathleen & Stehfest, Elke & Verburg, Peter H. & Siebert, Stefan & Müller, Christoph & Veldkamp, Tom
- 714-728 How does research address the design of innovative agricultural production systems at the farm level? A review
by Le Gal, P.-Y. & Dugué, P. & Faure, G. & Novak, S.
- 729-745 Building a climate resilient farm: A risk based approach for understanding water, energy and emissions in irrigated agriculture
by Jackson, T.M. & Hanjra, Munir A. & Khan, S. & Hafeez, M.M.
- 746-754 The effects of changing regional Agricultural Knowledge and Innovation System on Italian farmers’ strategies
by Pascucci, Stefano & de-Magistris, Tiziana
- 755-769 Crop management based on field observations: Case studies in sugarcane and coffee
by Cock, James & Oberthür, Thomas & Isaacs, Camilo & Läderach, Peter Roman & Palma, Alberto & Carbonell, Javier & Victoria, Jorge & Watts, Geoff & Amaya, Alvaro & Collet, Laure & Lema, Germán & Anderson, Einar
- 770-780 Mitigating environmental externalities in livestock production through feed biotechnologies
by Kaufman, James & Kalaitzandonakes, Nicholas G.
2011, Volume 104, Issue 8
- 589-599 Pasture and forage crop systems for non-irrigated dairy farms in southern Australia: 3. Estimated economic value of additional home-grown feed
by Chapman, D.F. & Kenny, S.N. & Lane, N.
- 600-608 Modelling the fate of water and nitrogen in the mixed vegetable farming systems of northern Tasmania, Australia
by Lisson, S.N. & Cotching, W.E.
- 609-614 Cattle, ethanol, and biogas: Does closing the loop make economic sense?
by DeVuyst, Eric A. & Pryor, Scott W. & Lardy, Greg & Eide, Wallace & Wiederholt, Ron
- 615-622 Analyzing the effects of risk and uncertainty on optimal tillage and nitrogen fertilizer intensity for field crops in Germany
by Gandorfer, Markus & Pannell, David & Meyer-Aurich, Andreas
- 623-633 Environmental and economic impacts of reducing total phosphorous runoff in an agricultural watershed
by Rodriguez, Hector German & Popp, Jennie & Gbur, Edward & Chaubey, Indrajeet
- 634-644 Adaptive optimization of crop production and nitrogen leaching abatement under yield uncertainty
by Hyytiäinen, Kari & Niemi, Jarkko K. & Koikkalainen, Kauko & Palosuo, Taru & Salo, Tapio
- 645-653 Precipitation or water capacity indices? An analysis of the benefits of alternative underlyings for index insurance
by Kellner, Ulla & Musshoff, Oliver
2011, Volume 104, Issue 7
- 513-521 The whole-farm benefits of controlled traffic farming: An Australian appraisal
by Kingwell, Ross & Fuchsbichler, Amy
- 522-532 Changing environmental characteristics of European cropland
by Bakker, M.M. & Hatna, E. & Kuhlman, T. & Mücher, C.A.
- 533-540 Crop protection in European maize-based cropping systems: Current practices and recommendations for innovative Integrated Pest Management
by Vasileiadis, V.P. & Sattin, M. & Otto, S. & Veres, A. & Pálinkás, Z. & Ban, R. & Pons, X. & Kudsk, P. & van der Weide, R. & Czembor, E. & Moonen, A.C. & Kiss, J.
- 541-550 The profitability and risk of dairy cow wintering strategies in the Southland region of New Zealand
by Beukes, P.C. & Gregorini, P. & Romera, A.J. & Dalley, D.E.
- 551-561 Identifying and controlling critical sources of farm phosphorus imbalances for Vermont dairy farms
by Ghebremichael, Lula T. & Watzin, Mary C.
- 562-571 Cropcheck: Farmer benchmarking participatory model to improve productivity
by Lacy, John
- 572-579 Sustainable agriculture: A case study of a small Lopez Island farm
by Reeve, J.R. & Carpenter-Boggs, L. & Sehmsdorf, H.
- 580-587 Insecticide use impacts of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Farmer Field Schools: Evidence from onion farmers in the Philippines
by Yorobe Jr., J.M. & Rejesus, R.M. & Hammig, M.D.
2011, Volume 104, Issue 6
- 441-450 Emerging consensus on desirable characteristics of tools to support farmers' management of climate risk in Australia
by Hochman, Z. & Carberry, P.S.
- 451-458 Does the adoption of zero tillage reduce greenhouse gas emissions? An assessment for the grains industry in Australia
by Maraseni, T.N. & Cockfield, G.
- 459-469 The impact of various parameters on the carbon footprint of milk production in New Zealand and Sweden
by Flysjö, Anna & Henriksson, Maria & Cederberg, Christel & Ledgard, Stewart & Englund, Jan-Eric
- 470-479 Generating crop sequences in land-use models using maximum entropy and Markov chains
by Aurbacher, Joachim & Dabbert, Stephan
- 480-490 Sensitivity to information upscaling of agro-ecological assessments: Application to soil organic carbon management
by Bechini, Luca & Castoldi, Nicola & Stein, Alfred
- 491-499 Methods for mapping local food production capacity from agricultural statistics
by Morrison, Kathryn T. & Nelson, Trisalyn A. & Ostry, Aleck S.
- 500-511 Breaking down the growth of family farms: A case study of an intensive Mediterranean agriculture
by Moreno-Pérez, Olga M. & Arnalte-Alegre, Eladio & Ortiz-Miranda, Dionisio
2011, Volume 104, Issue 5
- 371-382 Dairy farm nutrient management model. 1. Model description and validation
by Nousiainen, J. & Tuori, M. & Turtola, E. & Huhtanen, P.
- 383-391 Dairy farm nutrient management model: 2. Evaluation of different strategies to mitigate phosphorus surplus
by Huhtanen, Pekka & Nousiainen, Juha & Turtola, Eila
- 392-402 The impact of integrated aquaculture-agriculture on small-scale farm sustainability and farmers' livelihoods: Experience from Bangladesh
by Murshed-E-Jahan, Khondker & Pemsl, Diemuth E.
- 403-410 Environmental impacts from herbicide tolerant canola production in Western Canada
by Smyth, Stuart J. & Gusta, Michael & Belcher, Kenneth & Phillips, Peter W.B. & Castle, David
- 411-418 An agronomic, economic and behavioral analysis of N application to cotton and wheat in post-Soviet Uzbekistan
by Kienzler, Kirsten M. & Djanibekov, Nodir & Lamers, John P.A.
- 419-428 Sugar and ethanol production as a rural development strategy in Brazil: Evidence from the state of São Paulo
by Martinelli, Luiz A. & Garrett, Rachael & Ferraz, Silvio & Naylor, Rosamond
- 429-439 Nitrate transport modeling to evaluate source water protection scenarios for a municipal well in an agricultural area
by Bonton, Alexandre & Rouleau, Alain & Bouchard, Christian & Rodriguez, Manuel J.
2011, Volume 104, Issue 4
- 297-306 Developing environmental principles, criteria, indicators and norms for potato production in South Africa through field surveys and modelling
by Franke, A.C. & Steyn, J.M. & Ranger, K.S. & Haverkort, A.J.
- 307-314 The effect of parameter uncertainty on whole-field nitrogen recommendations from nitrogen-rich strips and ramped strips in winter wheat
by Roberts, David C. & Brorsen, B. Wade & Solie, John B. & Raun, William R.
- 315-325 Economic and environmental evaluation of three goal-vision based scenarios for organic dairy farming in Denmark
by Oudshoorn, Frank W. & Sørensen, Claus Aage G. & de Boer, Imke I.J.M.
- 326-334 Agronomic and economic benefits of coffee-banana intercropping in Uganda's smallholder farming systems
by van Asten, P.J.A. & Wairegi, L.W.I. & Mukasa, D. & Uringi, N.O.
- 335-347 Submergence risks and farmers' preferences: Implications for breeding Sub1 rice in Southeast Asia
by Manzanilla, D.O. & Paris, T.R. & Vergara, G.V. & Ismail, A.M. & Pandey, S. & Labios, R.V. & Tatlonghari, G.T. & Acda, R.D. & Chi, T.T.N. & Duoangsila, K. & Siliphouthone, I. & Manikmas, M.O.A. & Mackill, D.J.
- 348-353 The impact of climate change on maize yields in the United States and China
by Li, Xiang & Takahashi, Taro & Suzuki, Nobuhiro & Kaiser, Harry M.
- 354-364 Targeting rural development interventions: Empirical agent-based modeling in Nigerien villages
by Saqalli, M. & Gérard, B. & Bielders, C.L. & Defourny, P.
- 365-370 Redirecting technology to support sustainable farm management practices
by Rains, G.C. & Olson, D.M. & Lewis, W.J.
2011, Volume 104, Issue 3
- 217-232 Life cycle assessment of Swiss farming systems: I. Integrated and organic farming
by Nemecek, Thomas & Dubois, David & Huguenin-Elie, Olivier & Gaillard, Gérard
- 233-245 Life cycle assessment of Swiss farming systems: II. Extensive and intensive production
by Nemecek, Thomas & Huguenin-Elie, Olivier & Dubois, David & Gaillard, Gérard & Schaller, Britta & Chervet, Andreas