April 1997, Volume 25, Issue 2
- 241-253 A graphical modeling system: Applications in organizational model management
by Sen, T. K. & Chari, K.
February 1997, Volume 25, Issue 1
- 1-13 Approaches to understanding the process of OR: Review, critique and extension
by Keys, P.
- 15-28 A review of innovation research in economics, sociology and technology management
by Gopalakrishnan, S. & Damanpour, F.
- 29-42 Justifying strategic alliances and partnering: a prerequisite for virtual enterprising
by Meade, L. M. & Liles, D. H. & Sarkis, J.
- 43-56 Relating information technology investment to organizational performance: a causal model analysis
by Byrd, T. A. & Marshall, T. E.
- 57-63 Fund management performance, trend-chasing technical analysis and investment horizons: a case study
by Wong, M. C. S.
- 65-79 Survey of similarity coefficient based methods as applied to the group technology configuration problem
by Mosier, C. T. & Yelle, J. & Walker, G.
- 81-91 Market timing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange using derivative instruments
by Waksman, G. & Sandler, M. & Ward, M. & Firer, C.
- 93-106 IT-enabled redesign of complex and dynamic business processes: the case of bank credit evaluation
by Fuglseth, A. M. & Grønhaug, K.
- 107-121 Assessing the unidimensionality of measurement: a paradigm and illustration within the context of information systems research
by Segars, A. H.
- 123-133 Neural networks: a need for caution
by Curry, B. & Morgan, P.
December 1996, Volume 24, Issue 6
- 615-629 An environmental life cycle optimization model for the European pulp and paper industry
by Bloemhof-Ruwaard, J. M. & Van Wassenhove, L. N. & Gabel, H. L. & Weaver, P. M.
- 631-647 Organizational innovativeness: Exploring the relationship between organizational determinants of innovation, types of innovations, and measures of organizational performance
by Subramanian, A. & Nilakanta, S.
- 649-659 Sequencing heuristics for dependent setups in a continuous process industry
by Liao, C. J. & Yu, W. C.
- 661-680 Development of measures to assess dimensions of IS operation transactions
by Aubert, B. A. & Rivard, S. & Patry, M.
- 681-688 Integer programming formulations of statistical classification problems
by Wilson, J. M.
- 689-703 A managerial assessment of the waiting-time performance for alternative service process designs
by Sheu, C. & Babbar, S.
- 705-714 Simulation and optimization of a new waste remediation process
by White, T. P. & Toland, R. & Jackson, J. A. & Kloeber, J. M.
- 715-726 The competitive advantage potential of vertical integration
by Fronmueller, M. P. & Reed, R.
- 727-733 The optimum targeting for a single filling operation with rectifying inspection
by Pulak, M. F. S. & Al-Sultan, K. S.
October 1996, Volume 24, Issue 5
- 495-510 Manufacturing flexibility at the plant level
by Boyer, Kenneth K. & Leong, G. Keong
- 511-522 An optimization model for planning natural gas purchases, transportation, storage and deliverability
by Bopp, A. E. & Kannan, V. R. & Palocsay, S. W. & Stevens, S. P.
- 523-538 A group decision support framework for consensus ranking of technical manager candidates
by Tavana, M. & Kennedy, D. T. & Joglekar, P.
- 539-550 An empirical study for mines safety management through analysis on potential for accident reduction
by Mallick, S. & Mukherjee, K.
- 551-559 Statistical correction of judgmental point forecasts and decisions
by Goodwin, P.
- 561-576 Forecasting army housing supply with a DSS-delivered econometric model
by Forgionne, G. A.
- 577-582 Optimal advance payment scheme involving fixed per-payment costs
by Zhang, Alex X.
- 583-595 A computer based heuristic methodology for the development of salary administration guidelines
by Garcia-Diaz, A. & Flores, B. E. & Noce, R.
- 597-602 Judging the quality of research in business schools: A comment from accounting
by Jones, M. J. & Brinn, T. & Pendlebury, M.
- 603-606 Citation as effortful voting: A reply to ones, Brinn and Pendlebury
by Doyle, J. R. & Arthurs, A. J. & Mcaulay, L. & Osborne, P. G.
- 607-612 Journal evaluation methodologies: A balanced response
by Jones, M. J. & Brinn, T. & Pendlebury, M.
- 613-613 Judging research quality and journals: A call for debate
by Mitchell, George
August 1996, Volume 24, Issue 4
- 367-384 Planning or organizing: The implications of theories of activity for management of operations
by Johnston, R. B. & Brennan, M.
- 385-397 Effect of data standardization on neural network training
by Shanker, M. & Hu, M. Y. & Hung, M. S.
- 399-412 Refocusing where and how IT value is realized: An empirical investigation
by Rai, A. & Patnayakuni, R. & Patnayakuni, N.
- 413-423 On the risk of premature transfer from coronary care units
by Wharton, Frank
- 425-441 Reengineering the new product development process: A framework for innovation and flexibility in high technology firms
by Malhotra, M. K. & Grover, V. & Desilvio, M.
- 443-450 Comparing pilot-error accident rates of male and female airline pilots
by McFadden, K. L.
- 451-462 A multivariate study of spanish bond ratings
by Mar Molinero, C. & Apellaniz Gomez, P. & Serrano Cinca, C.
- 463-476 A data envelopment analysis approach to clustering operating units for resource allocation purposes
by Thanassoulis, E.
- 477-488 The organization of the investor relations function by large UK Quoted companies
by Marston, C.
- 489-494 DIY DEA: Implementing data envelopment analysis in the mathematical programming language AMPL
by Green, R. H.
June 1996, Volume 24, Issue 3
- 229-244 A comparison of data envelopment analysis and ratio analysis as tools for performance assessment
by Thanassoulis, E. & Boussofiane, A. & Dyson, R. G.
- 245-254 Judgement or models: The importance of task differences
by Lawrence, M. & O'Connor, M.
- 255-270 Broadening visions of business process re-engineering
by Peppard, J.
- 271-294 Developing strategic perspectives on business process reengineering: From process reconfiguration to organizational change
by Teng, J. T. C. & Grover, V. & Fiedler, K. D.
- 295-307 The road to integration. Reflections on the development of organizational evaluation theory and practice
by Gregory, A.
- 309-319 Productivity diagnosis via fuzzy clustering and classification: An application to machinery industry
by Chen, L. -H. & Kao, C. & Kuo, S. & Wang, T. -Y. & Jang, Y. -C.
- 321-335 A matched plant comparison of productivity in East and West Germany: Transition to the market economy
by Hitchens, D. M. W. N. & Birnie, J. E. & Wagner, K.
- 337-345 An empirical assessment of influences on POM research
by Goh, C. H. & Holsapple, C. W. & Johnson, L. E. & Tanner, J.
- 347-360 Intelligent decision support for flexible manufacturing: Design and implementation of a knowledge-based simulator
by Pflughoeft, K. A. & Hutchinson, G. K. & Nazareth, D. L.
- 361-364 Improving discernment in DEA using profiling
by Tofallis, C.
- 365-366 Improving discernment in DEA using profiling: A comment
by Green, Rodney & Doyle, John
April 1996, Volume 24, Issue 2
- 121-139 On the concept of flexibility: A dual control perspective
by De Leeuw, A. C. J. & Volberda, H. W.
- 141-151 Random effects meta analysis of military recruiting
by Sohn, S. Y.
- 153-166 A prototype intelligent model management system for inventory decision support
by Prasad, S. & Shah, V. & Hasan, J.
- 167-178 Multi-criterion models for higher education administration
by Mustafa, A. & Goh, M.
- 179-193 Envisioning management of information
by Ramaprasad, A. & Rai, A.
- 195-203 A field service support system using a queueing network model and the priority MVA algorithm
by Papadopoulos, H. T.
- 205-215 A neural network approach to mutual fund net asset value forecasting
by Chiang, W. -C. & Urban, T. L. & Baldridge, G. W.
- 217-227 A linear programming model to manage the maintenance backlog
by Taylor, R. W.
February 1996, Volume 24, Issue 1
- 1-12 Combining management consultancy and research
by Ormerod, R. J.
- 13-28 The judge, the model of the judge, and the model of the judged as judge: Analyses of the UK 1992 research assessment exercise data for business and management studies
by Doyle, J. R. & Arthurs, A. J. & Green, R. H. & McAulay, L. & Pitt, M. R. & Bottomley, P. A. & Evans, W.
- 29-36 Optimal market segmentation of hotel rooms--the non-linear case
by Ladany, S. P.
- 37-46 Identifying critical activities in stochastic resource constrained networks
by Bowers, J.
- 47-56 The end of theory?
by White, L. & Taket, A.
- 57-71 An integrated analysis of nurse staffing and scheduling policies
by Venkataraman, R. & Brusco, M. J.
- 73-81 Combinatorial evaluation of six dispatching rules in a dynamic two-machine flow shop
by Sarper, H. & Henry, M. C.
- 83-106 Total quality management in SMEs
by Ghobadian, A. & Gallear, D. N.
- 107-114 Extensions of bidding theory: Concealed bidding, optimal number of bidders, and follow-on contracts
by Lansdowne, Z. F.
- 115-120 Small firms and bank relationships: a study of cultural differences between English and Scottish banks
by Clay, N. & Cowling, M.
December 1995, Volume 23, Issue 6
- 587-605 The effects of self-efficacy on computer usage
by Igbaria, M. & Iivari, J.
- 607-624 Conceptualizing continuous improvement: Implications for organizational change
by Choi, Ty
- 625-636 Questioning the reliability of market segmentation techniques
by Dibb, S. & Stern, P.
- 637-652 Theory and practice of decision tree induction
by Kim, H. & Koehler, G. J.
- 653-665 Distributed manufacturing support systems: the integration of distributed group support systems with manufacturing support systems
by Gillenwater, E. L. & Conlon, S. & Hwang, C.
- 667-676 The linear programming alternative to policy capturing for eliciting criteria weights in the performance appraisal process
by Horowitz, I. & Zappe, C.
- 677-689 IT strategy: Formal rational orthodoxy or contingent adhocracy?
by Bryson, C. & Currie, W.
- 691-700 A comparative study of order batching algorithms
by Pan, C-H. & Liu, S-Y.
October 1995, Volume 23, Issue 5
- 469-484 Implementation style and use of implementation approaches
by Nutt, P. C.
- 485-497 Organic decision and communication processes and management accounting systems in entrepreneurial and conservative business organizations
by Chenhall, R. H. & Morris, D.
- 499-510 Processing network models for forest management
by Chinneck, J. W. & Moll, R. H. H.
- 511-523 Decision support systems research: Reference disciplines and a cumulative tradition
by Eom, S. B.
- 525-538 A simple model of international joint venture distributorships: the American-Kuwaiti experience
by Mesak, H. I. & Mayyasi, A. M.
- 539-555 A characterization of the financial condition of the United States' aerospace-defense industrial base
by Bowlin, W. F.
- 557-566 A dynamic sampling technique for the simulation of probabilistic and generalized activity networks
by Dawson, C. W.
- 567-575 Developing a quality costing system: Key features and outcomes
by Pursglove, A. B. & Dale, B. G.
- 577-585 An insurance and investment portfolio model using chance constrained programming
by Li, S. X.
August 1995, Volume 23, Issue 4
- 345-360 Links between higher education institutions and high technology firms
by Westhead, P. & Storey, D. J.
- 361-376 A taxonomy for alternative equipment groupings in batch environments
by Shafer, S. M. & Meredith, J. R. & Marsh, R. F.
- 377-390 Issues in the development of approaches to container loading
by Bischoff, E. E. & Ratcliff, M. S. W.
- 391-401 Graph theoretic heuristics for unequal-sized facility layout problems
by Kim, J. -Y. & Kim, Y. -D.
- 403-418 Supply networks: Genesis, stability and logistics implications. A comparative analysis of two districts
by De Toni, A & Nassimbeni, G.
- 419-427 Harmonic analysis, time series variations and the distributional properties of financial ratios
by Fuller-Love, N. & Rhys, H. & Tippett, M.
- 429-442 CEO characteristics, organizational characteristics and information technology adoption in small businesses
by Thong, J. Y. L. & Yap, C. S.
- 443-452 Using dynamic cellular manufacturing to simplify scheduling in cell based production systems
by Kannan, V. R. & Ghosh, S.
- 453-462 A preference-based interpretation of AHP
by Lai, S-K.
- 463-465 On the minimum cost project schedule
by Kamburowski, J.
- 467-467 On the minimum cost project schedule-- A response
by Wu, Y. & Li, C.
- 468-468 On the minimum cost project schedule--Note by the editor
by Mitchell, George
- 467-468 On the minimum cost project schedule--Some comments
by Chapman, C. B.
June 1995, Volume 23, Issue 3
- 235-256 A model management framework for heterogeneous algebraic models: Object-oriented database management systems approach
by Huh, S. Y. & Chung, Q. B.
- 257-270 Judging the quality of research in business schools: The UK as a case study
by Doyle, J. R. & Arthurs, A. J.
- 271-279 The comparative ability of self-organizing neural networks to define cluster structure
by Chen, S. K. & Mangiameli, P. & West, D.
- 281-294 An integrated cost-performance model of research and development evaluation
by Geisler, E.
- 295-302 SFG-GP: An effective tutoring system for goal programming
by Lee, S. M. & Kim, E. B.
- 303-312 Decision dilemmas facing managers: recognizing the value of learning while making sequential decisions
by Chi, T. & Nystrom, P. C.
- 313-321 Creating student groups with similar characteristics: A heuristic approach
by Mingers, J. & O'Brien, F. A.
- 323-339 Emerging hard and soft technologies: current status, issues and implementation problems
by Aggarwal, S.
- 341-344 Comparative study of heuristics for the joint replenishment problem
by Ben-Daya, M. & Hariga, M.
April 1995, Volume 23, Issue 2
- 117-124 Cognitive sculpting as a means of working with managers' metaphors
by Sims, D. B. P. & Doyle, J. R.
- 125-143 Cognitive feedback in environments characterized by irrelevant information
by Sengupta, K.
- 145-157 Large scale models and large scale thinking: The case of the health services
by Smith, P.
- 159-172 Integrating marketing, operations, and purchasing to create value
by Bregman, R. L.
- 173-185 Perishable-asset revenue management: Generic and multiple-price yield management with diversion
by Bodily, S. E. & Weatherford, L. R.
- 187-195 The repeated choice model and the feedback mechanism
by Girard, J. & Gruber, H.
- 197-204 Productivity improvement: Efficiency approach vs effectiveness approach
by Kao, Chiang & Chen, Liang-Hsuan & Wang, Tai-Yue & Kuo, Shyanjaw & Horng, Shi-Dai
- 205-219 A two-stage traveling salesman procedure for the single machine sequence-dependent scheduling problem
by Ozgur, C. O. & Brown, J. R.
- 221-229 Decision support systems: an extended research agenda
by Khoong, C. M.
- 231-234 Encouraging truthful revelation when monitoring is costly
by Rothschild, R. & Johnes, G.
February 1995, Volume 23, Issue 1
- 1-11 The sophisticated decision maker: All work and no pay?
by Horowitz, I. & Thompson, P.
- 13-25 Metagraphs
by Basu, A. & Blanning, R. W.
- 27-39 The influence of product complexity on the purchasing structure
by Kotteaku, A. G. & Laios, L. G. & Moschuris, S. J.
- 41-48 Expanding the flexibility of goal programming via preference modelling techniques
by Jones, D. F. & Tamiz, M.
- 49-62 Evaluating fixed price incentive contracts
by Ward, S. C. & Chapman, C. B.
- 63-78 A Petri Net model view of decision making: an operational management analysis
by Mehrez, A. & Muzumdar, M. & Acar, W. & Weinroth, G.
- 79-88 A study of maintenance technology implementation
by Hipkin, I. B. & Lockett, A. G.
- 89-95 Fixed cost oriented bottleneck analysis with linear programming
by Koltai, T.
- 97-107 A computer based approach for enhancing manufacturing decision making in smaller manufacturing enterprises: A longitudinal study
by Muhlemann, A. & Price, D. & Afferson, M. & Sharp, J.
- 109-116 A dynamic inventory model with random replenishment quantities
by Baker, H. & Ehrhardt, R.
November 1994, Volume 22, Issue 6
- 537-552 The efficient allocation of risk in contracts
by Chapman, CB & Ward, SC
- 553-568 Heuristics, biases and improvement strategies in judgmental time series forecasting
by Goodwin, P & Wright, G
- 569-578 'A strategy of the last resort'? Reflections on the role of the subcontract in the United Kingdom
by Imrie, R
- 579-588 Doing community operational research with multicultural groups
by Taket, A & White, L
- 589-600 Modelling in new housing choice--An application
by Dibb, S
- 601-611 Soft OR and a Markov model help plan a psychogeriatric service
by Davies, R & Goddard, A
- 613-626 An interactive, optimization-based decision support system for scheduling part-time, computer lab attendants
by Lauer, J & Jacobs, LW & Brusco, MJ & Bechtold, SE
- 627-645 A new methodology for formulating ill-structured problems
by Basadur, M & Ellspermann, SJ & Evans, GW
- 647-658 Selecting appropriate forecasting models using rule induction
by Arinze, B
- 659-668 Resource constraint measures in a dual constrained job shop
by Gargeya, VB
September 1994, Volume 22, Issue 5
- 415-426 Capital adequacy guidelines and interest rate swaps
by Levis, M & Suchar, V
- 427-441 Making sense of just-in-time production: A resource-based perspective
by Cowton, CJ & Vail, RL
- 443-456 Selecting appropriate support for marketing decisions
by Ghose, S & Nazareth, DL
- 457-470 A synthesis of decision models for analysis, assessment, and contingency planning for oil spill incidents
by Iakovou, E & Douligeris, C & Korde, A
- 471-476 Different beta estimation techniques in infrequently traded and inefficient stock markets
by Luoma, M & Martikainen, T & Perttunen, J & Pynnönen, S
- 477-490 The search for appropriate benchmarking partners: A macro approach and application to corporate travel management
by Bell, RA & Morey, RC
- 491-504 Experience with a structure, process and outcome framework for evaluating an information system
by Cornford, T & Doukidis, Gi & Forster, D
- 505-519 Forecasting foreign exchange rates: A comparative evaluation of AHP
by Ülengin, F & Ülengin, B
- 521-533 Acquiring and operationalizing worker flexibility in dual resource constrained job shops with worker transfer delays and learning losses
by Kher, HV & Malhotra, MK
- 535-536 Currency-free evaluation of investment results and the R index: an addendum
by Switzer, LN & Ladany, SP
July 1994, Volume 22, Issue 4
- 321-330 A discriminant analysis of the relationship between IS charging systems and organizational variables
by Raghunathan, B & Raghunathan, TS
- 331-338 Visualizing interfirm comparison
by Vermeulen, EM & Spronk, J & van der Wijst, D
- 339-348 A path analytic study of determinants of information system usage
by Torkzadeh, G & Dwyer, DJ
- 349-360 Production systems without MRP: A lean time based design
by Barker, RC
- 361-369 Indexing tree and pruning concepts to support case-based reasoning
by Hansen, JV & Meservy, RD & Wood, LE
- 371-380 Categorical criteria values: Correspondence analysis
by Cheung, Yan-Leung
- 381-389 Sex and beliefs about computer-based information systems: An examination of group support systems
by Robichaux, BP
- 391-400 Computer-aided risk evaluation system for capital investment
by Liang, P & Song, F
- 401-407 Minimal cost project networks: The cut set parallel difference method
by Wu, Y & Li, C
May 1994, Volume 22, Issue 3
- 209-219 Innovative and industrial performance in pharmaceutical R&D, a management control perspective
by Omta, SWF & Bouter, LM & Van Engelen, JML
- 221-235 DCF without forecasts
by Singer, AE
- 237-249 Towards a general non-parametric model of corporate performance
by Fernandez-Castro, A & Smith, P
- 251-261 Sensitivity analysis of dynamic lot-sizing heuristics
by Pan, C-H
- 263-267 International portfolio diversification: A factor analysis approach
by Hui, T-K & Kwan, EK
- 269-282 Linking market factors to manufacturing designs
by Sheu, C
- 283-289 Adversarial decision making: Benefits or losses
by Elrod, R & Moss, SE
- 291-303 Algorithms for vertical partitioning in database physical design
by Cheng, CH
- 305-314 Designing rural area telecommunication networks via hub cities
by Lee, H & Nazem, SM & Shi, Y
- 315-319 A note on distribution--Warehouse location and capacity
by Jolayemi, JK
March 1994, Volume 22, Issue 2
- 113-122 Communicating conceptual integrity in distributed systems through intelligent assistance
by Cox, B
- 123-131 Modelling patient flows and resource provision in health systems
by Davies, R & Davies, HTO
- 133-147 Propagating CASE usage for software development: An empirical investigation of key organizational correlates
by Rai, A & Howard, GS
- 149-155 Cash flow management network models with quantity discounting
by Jorjani, S & Lamar, BW
- 157-172 Empirically testing the outcomes of user involvement in DSS development
by Igbaria, M & Guimaraes, T
- 173-184 Applications of operational research in industry and industrialization in the developing countries: A review
by Datta, S & Bandyopadhyay, R
- 185-203 A human information processing perspective on software maintenance
by Ramanujan, S & Cooper, RB
- 205-206 Data envelopment analysis and multiple criteria decision making: A response
by Stewart, TJ
January 1994, Volume 22, Issue 1
- 1-11 From many to one--and back. An exploration of some components of facilitation
by Huxham, C & Cropper, S
- 13-34 Strategic group analysis: A methodological approach for exploring the industry level impact of information technology
by Segars, AH & Grover, V
- 35-40 A queueing network model for field service support systems
by Waller, AAW
- 41-56 A survey of simulated annealing applications to operations research problems
by Koulamas, C & Antony, SR & Jaen, R
- 57-67 Development of operator assignment schedules: A DSS approach
by Lutz, CM & Davis, KR & Turner III, CF
- 69-81 Business computing system research: Structuring the field
by Holsapple, CW & Johnson, LE & Manakyan, H & Tanner, J
- 83-90 Relative efficiency in the branch network of a UK bank: An empirical study
by Drake, L & Howcroft, B
- 91-103 Implementing advanced manufacturing technology: An integrated planning model
by Chen, IJ & Small, MH
- 105-111 The economic value of using advance booking of orders
by Weatherford, LR & Pfeifer, PE
November 1993, Volume 21, Issue 6
- 619-627 The effect of a price war in a duopoly
by Eilon, Samuel
- 629-644 Coherence and calibration in expert probability judgement
by Bolger, F. & Wright, G
- 645-656 Problem solving and diagnosis
by Wagner, C
- 657-671 Representing employee requirements in labour tour scheduling
by Thompson, GM
- 673-677 Canadian air reserves, readiness and learning theory
by Lam, MN & Ng, KYK
- 679-689 Telecommunication steering committees and their implications
by Kunnathur, As & Raghunathan, TS
- 691-697 Scheduling transfer champagne production
by Hruby, HF & Panton, DM
- 699-708 Product value matrices help firms to focus their efforts
by Brannon, AL & Schoenmakers, MA & Klapwijk, HP & Haley, KB
- 709-711 Single machine multi-product batch scheduling: Testing several solution methods
by Arcade, SH
- 713-715 Data envelopment analysis and multiple criteria decision making
by Doyle, J & Green, R
September 1993, Volume 21, Issue 5
- 511-517 Comparing two aggregate planning models
by Barman, S & Tersine, RJ
- 519-529 Management buy-outs from receivership
by Robbie, K & Wright, M & Ennew, C
- 531-539 Prisoner's dilemma payoff structure in interfirm strategic alliances: An empirical test
by Parkhe, A & Rosenthal, EC & Chandran, R
- 541-550 The effects of forecasting errors on the total cost of operations
by Lee, TS & Cooper, FW & Adam, EE