European Economic Review
January 2005, Volume 49, Issue 1
- 75-98 Loafing or learning?--the demand for informal education
by Fahr, Rene
- 99-111 To be consumed with moderation
by Carrillo, Juan D.
- 113-144 Financial markets, the pattern of industrial specialization and comparative advantage: Evidence from OECD countries
by Svaleryd, Helena & Vlachos, Jonas
- 145-172 Hormone beef, chlorinated chicken and international trade
by Calzolari, Giacomo & Immordino, Giovanni
- 173-199 Unbundling the local loop
by Bourreau, Marc & Dogan, Pinar
- 201-225 Skills, agglomeration and segmentation
by Mori, Tomoya & Turrini, Alessandro
- 227-250 Tilting the supply schedule to enhance competition in uniform-price auctions
by LiCalzi, Marco & Pavan, Alessandro
December 2004, Volume 48, Issue 6
- 1179-1210 Dividends, safety and liquidation when liabilities are long-term and stochastic
by Mason, Robin
- 1211-1226 Economic integration and the profitability of cross-border mergers and acquisitions
by Bjorvatn, Kjetil
- 1227-1241 Industry equilibrium with outside financing and moral hazard: Implications for market integration
by Suominen, Matti
- 1243-1255 Immigration from the former Soviet Union to Israel: Who is coming when?
by Locher, Lilo
- 1257-1286 The behaviour of relative prices in the European Union: A sectoral analysis
by Chen, Natalie
- 1287-1300 Wage and price controls in the equilibrium sequential search model
by Rauh, Michael T.
- 1301-1308 Bidding in hierarchies
by Konrad, Kai A.
- 1309-1332 Does seasonality change over the business cycle? An investigation using monthly industrial production series
by Matas-Mir, Antonio & Osborn, Denise R.
- 1333-1347 The comovement between real activity and prices in the G7
by den Haan, Wouter J. & Sumner, Steven W.
- 1349-1365 Bargaining structure and nominal wage flexibility
by Groth, Charlotta & Johansson, Asa
- 1367-1398 Public goods, merit goods, and the relation between private and government consumption
by Fiorito, Riccardo & Kollintzas, Tryphon
- 1399-1410 Specific investments, holdup, and the outside option principle
by Sloof, Randolph & Sonnemans, Joep & Oosterbeek, Hessel
October 2004, Volume 48, Issue 5
- 943-957 Simultaneous entry and welfare
by Cabral, Luis M. B.
- 959-982 Introducing a new currency: Government policy and prices
by Lotz, Sebastien
- 983-999 Political bargaining in a federation: Buchanan meets Coase
by Gradstein, Mark
- 1001-1025 Economic integration and political accountability
by Sand-Zantman, Wilfried
- 1027-1046 Job protection laws and agency problems under asymmetric information
by Schmitz, Patrick W.
- 1047-1074 Fiscal stabilizations: When do they work and why
by Ardagna, Silvia
- 1075-1090 Poverty alleviation and tax policy
by Pirttila, Jukka & Tuomala, Matti
- 1091-1123 Financing constraints and inventories
by Brown, Ward & Haegler, Urs
- 1125-1145 Aid, policy and growth in post-conflict societies
by Collier, Paul & Hoeffler, Anke
- 1147-1168 Collective decisions with interdependent valuations
by Gruner, Hans Peter & Kiel, Alexandra
- 1169-1178 Delay in contests
by Bester, Helmut & Konrad, Kai A.
August 2004, Volume 48, Issue 4
- 715-728 On the effective use of stigma as a crime-deterrent
by Funk, Patricia
- 729-745 Tax evasion in transition: Outcome of an institutional clash? Testing Feige's conjecture in Albania
by Gerxhani, Klarita
- 747-784 Asset return dynamics and the FX risk premium in a decentralized dealer market
by Derviz, Alexis
- 785-795 Redistribution, fertility, and growth: The effect of the opportunities abroad
by Azarnert, L.V.Leonid V.
- 797-803 Voting on meritocracy
by Gradstein, Mark
- 805-826 Income distribution and tax structure: Empirical test of the Meltzer-Richard hypothesis
by Borge, Lars-Erik & Rattso, J.Jorn
- 827-849 Estimating bilateral exposures in the German interbank market: Is there a danger of contagion?
by Upper, Christian & Worms, Andreas
- 851-881 Public expenditure, international specialisation and agglomeration
by Brulhart, Marius & Trionfetti, Federico
- 883-904 Designing social security - a portfolio choice approach
by Matsen, Egil & Thogersen, Oystein
- 905-925 Stable partnerships, matching, and local public goods
by Clark, Simon & Kanbur, Ravi
- 927-941 Privatisation of utilities and the asset value problem
by Grout, P.A.Paul A. & Jenkins, Andrew & Zalewska, Anna
June 2004, Volume 48, Issue 3
- 477-501 Delays and equilibria with large and small information in social learning
by Chamley, Christophe
- 503-525 Anti-herding and strategic consultation
by Levy, Gilat
- 527-548 Exchange rates and trade: How important is hysteresis in trade?
by Campa, Jose Manuel
- 549-562 On Stackelberg games in a homogeneous product market
by Dastidar, Krishnendu Ghosh
- 563-593 The political economy of regionalism
by Goyal, Sanjeev & Staal, Klaas
- 595-615 Changes in job security and their causes: An empirical analysis for France, 1982-2002
by Givord, Pauline & Maurin, Eric
- 617-643 Mergers, brand competition, and the price of a pint
by Pinkse, Joris & Slade, Margaret E.
- 645-663 Worker separations in a nonstationary corporate environment
by Dohmen, Thomas J. & Pfann, Gerard A.
- 665-679 Commercial policy variability, bindings, and market access
by Francois, Joseph F. & Martin, Will
- 681-696 The Cournot-Bertrand profit differential: A reversal result in a differentiated duopoly with wage bargaining
by Lopez, Monica Correa & Naylor, Robin A.
- 697-713 On the Nash bargaining solution with noise
by Guth, Werner & Ritzberger, Klaus & van Damme, Eric
April 2004, Volume 48, Issue 2
- 239-258 Predation and mergers: Is merger law counterproductive?
by Persson, Lars
- 259-284 Macroeconomic policy lessons of labor market frictions
by Yashiv, Eran
- 285-306 Absorptive capacity and the effects of foreign direct investment and equity foreign portfolio investment on economic growth
by Durham, J.B.J. Benson
- 307-336 The economics of production systems: Segmentation and skill-biased change
by Duranton, Gilles
- 337-351 A fundamental asymmetry of asymmetric shocks
by Andersson, Fredrik & Forslid, Rikard
- 353-378 The benefits of central bank's political independence
by Gabillon, Emmanuelle & Martimort, David
- 379-389 Empirical models of short-term debt and crises: Do they test the creditor run hypothesis?
by Detragiache, Enrica & Spilimbergo, Antonio
- 391-401 Managerial risk-taking incentives, product market competition and welfare
by Dasgupta, Sudipto & Shin, Jhinyoung
- 403-428 Technology, trade, and adjustment to immigration in Israel
by Gandal, Neil & Hanson, Gordon H. & Slaughter, M.J.Matthew J.
- 429-453 Antidumping duties, undertakings, and foreign direct investment in the EU
by Belderbos, R. & Vandenbussche, H. & Veugelers, R.
- 455-476 Foreign subsidiaries as a channel of international technology diffusion: Some direct firm level evidence from Belgium
by Veugelers, Reinhilde & Cassiman, Bruno
February 2004, Volume 48, Issue 1
- 1-23 Agglomeration, integration and tax harmonisation
by Baldwin, Richard E. & Krugman, Paul
- 25-38 Competition and the capital-labor conflict
by Spector, David
- 39-62 The composition of foreign direct investment and protection of intellectual property rights: Evidence from transition economies
by Smarzynska Javorcik, Beata
- 63-73 Asymmetric adjustment costs in simple general equilibrium models
by Chakrabarti, Avik
- 75-90 Currency crises and the real economy: The role of banks
by Disyatat, Piti
- 91-107 The inflation bias when the central bank targets the natural rate of unemployment
by Ruge-Murcia, Francisco J.
- 109-131 Shocking the eurozone
by Vlaar, Peter J. G.
- 133-153 Coordination risk and the price of debt
by Morris, Stephen & Shin, Hyun Song
- 155-179 Home-market vs. vote-market effect: Location equilibrium in a probabilistic voting model
by Robert-Nicoud, Frederic & Sbergami, Federica
- 181-200 Employer pay policies, public transfers and the retirement decisions of men and women in Denmark
by Bingley, Paul & Lanot, Gauthier
- 201-210 Strategic restraint in contests
by Epstein, Gil S. & Nitzan, Shmuel
- 211-233 Carbon tax simulations using a household demand model
by Brannlund, Runar & Nordstrom, Jonas
December 2003, Volume 47, Issue 6
- 945-962 Pricing to market behaviour in European car markets
by Gil-Pareja, Salvador
- 963-983 On the welfare effects of competition for foreign direct investments
by Fumagalli, Chiara
- 985-1009 Signalling commitment with monetary and inflation targets
by Laubach, Thomas
- 1011-1036 Entry deterrence and innovation in durable-goods monopoly
by Hoppe, Heidrun C. & Lee, In Ho
- 1037-1059 Inflation forecast uncertainty
by Giordani, Paolo & Soderlind, Paul
- 1061-1075 Deregulation, market power and risk behaviour in Spanish banks
by Salas, Vicente & Saurina, Jesus
- 1077-1103 Unilateral capital transfers, public investment, and economic growth
by Chatterjee, Santanu & Sakoulis, Georgios & Turnovsky, Stephen J.
October 2003, Volume 47, Issue 5
- 761-790 Time-consistent protection with learning by doing
by Miravete, Eugenio J.
- 791-831 Rule-of-thumb behaviour and monetary policy
by Amato, Jeffery D. & Laubach, Thomas
- 833-839 Currency hedging with options and futures
by Wong, Kit Pong
- 841-855 Industrial loans and market structure
by Gonzalez-Maestre, Miguel & Granero, Luis M.
- 857-875 Financial market imperfections and home ownership: A comparative study
by Chiuri, Maria Concetta & Jappelli, Tullio
- 877-890 Do new brooms sweep clean? When and why dismissing a manager increases the subordinates' performance
by Hoffler, Felix & Sliwka, Dirk
- 891-911 Official central bank interventions and exchange rate volatility: Evidence from a regime-switching analysis
by Beine, Michel & Laurent, Sebastien & Lecourt, Christelle
- 913-944 Are judges biased by labor market conditions?
by Ichino, Andrea & Polo, Michele & Rettore, Enrico
August 2003, Volume 47, Issue 4
- 587-612 Optimal card payment systems
by Wright, Julian
- 613-624 Looking behind the curtain--effects from modernization of European Union competition policy
by Barros, Pedro Pita
- 625-644 Winner's curse without overbidding
by Goeree, Jacob K. & Offerman, Theo
- 645-668 Transfer fee regulations in European football
by Feess, Eberhard & Muehlheusser, Gerd
- 669-685 Law enforcement and transition
by Roland, Gerard & Verdier, Thierry
- 687-710 Innovation and spillovers in regions: Evidence from European patent data
by Bottazzi, Laura & Peri, Giovanni
- 711-729 Tax distortions in Sweden and the United States
by Jonsson, Magnus & Klein, Paul
- 731-758 Corporate governance and dividend pay-out policy in Germany
by Gugler, Klaus & Yurtoglu, B. Burcin
- 759-760 Erratum to "European inflation dynamics": [European Economic Review 45 (2001), 1237-1270]
by Gali, Jordi & Gertler, Mark & David Lopez-Salido, J.
June 2003, Volume 47, Issue 3
- 395-407 Credible delegation
by Corts, Kenneth S. & Neher, Darwin V.
- 409-427 Migration, unemployment and discrimination
by Muller, Tobias
- 429-441 Exchange rate volatility and international trade: A general-equilibrium analysis
by Sercu, Piet & Uppal, Raman
- 443-459 A spatial tax harmonization model
by Ohsawa, Yoshiaki
- 461-476 Energy taxation: Reasons for discriminating in favor of the production sector
by Richter, Wolfram F. & Schneider, Kerstin
- 477-503 Income taxes, spending composition and long-run growth
by Rivas, Luis A.
- 505-520 In-house competition, organizational slack, and the business cycle
by Kerschbamer, Rudolf & Tournas, Yanni
- 521-552 Monetary union: A welfare based approach
by Carre, Martine & Collard, Fabrice
- 553-567 Accounting for human capital externalities with an application to the Nordic countries
by Herbertsson, Tryggvi Thor
- 569-586 A model of relative national price levels under pricing to market
by Bergin, Paul R.
April 2003, Volume 47, Issue 2
- 197-227 General training by firms, apprentice contracts, and public policy
by Malcomson, James M. & Maw, James W. & McCormick, Barry
- 229-244 The impact of minimum wages on youth employment in Portugal
by Pereira, Sonia C.
- 245-257 Asymmetry, stability and growth in a step-by-step R&D-race
by Hoernig, Steffen H.
- 259-273 Benefit duration and unemployment entry: A quasi-experiment in Austria
by Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf
- 275-294 Predator or prey?: Parasitic enterprises in economic development
by Mehlum, Halvor & Moene, Karl & Torvik, Ragnar
- 295-322 A sticky floors model of promotion, pay, and gender
by Booth, Alison L. & Francesconi, Marco & Frank, Jeff
- 323-335 Dismissal conflicts and unemployment
by E. Galdon-Sanchez, Jose & Guell, Maia
- 337-352 Policy reform and growth in post-Soviet Russia
by Berkowitz, Daniel & DeJong, David N.
- 353-369 Return migration, wage differentials, and the optimal migration duration
by Dustmann, Christian
- 371-399 Oligopsony and the distribution of wages
by Bhaskar, V. & To, Ted
February 2003, Volume 47, Issue 1
- 1-18 Macroeconomic forecasting in the Euro area: Country specific versus area-wide information
by Marcellino, Massimiliano & Stock, James H. & Watson, Mark W.
- 19-40 Tax competition, rent-seeking and fiscal decentralization
by Sato, Motohiro
- 41-60 Should high-tax countries pursue revenue-neutral ecological tax reforms?
by Bayindir-Upmann, Thorsten & Raith, Matthias G.
- 61-94 Macroeconomic fluctuations: Demand or supply, permanent or temporary?
by Hartley, Peter R. & Whitt Jr, Joseph A.
- 95-111 Reallocation and learning over the business cycle
by Schivardi, Fabiano
- 113-124 Protecting consumers through protection: The role of tariff-induced technology transfer
by Kabiraj, Tarun & Marjit, Sugata
- 125-146 Environmental policy incentives to adopt advanced abatement technology:: Will the true ranking please stand up?
by Requate, Till & Unold, Wolfram
- 147-164 Minimum wage, exports and growth
by Askenazy, Philippe
- 165-195 Economic development, legality, and the transplant effect
by Berkowitz, Daniel & Pistor, Katharina & Richard, Jean-Francois
December 2002, Volume 46, Issue 10
- 1733-1756 The labor market and corporate structure
by Acemoglu, Daron & F. Newman, Andrew
- 1757-1783 Does the sector bias of skill-biased technical change explain changing skill premia?
by Haskel, Jonathan E. & Slaughter, Matthew J.
- 1785-1824 The anatomy of unemployment dynamics
by Abbring, Jaap H. & van den Berg, Gerard J. & van Ours, Jan C.
- 1825-1850 Public debt indexation and denomination with an independent central bank
by Falcetti, Elisabetta & Missale, Alessandro
- 1851-1871 Did colonization matter for growth?: An empirical exploration into the historical causes of Africa's underdevelopment
by Bertocchi, Graziella & Canova, Fabio
October 2002, Volume 46, Issue 9
- 1-1 Editorial
by Biais, Burno & Vives, Xavier
- 1569-1597 Insider trading legislation and corporate governance
by Maug, Ernst
- 1599-1622 Last bank standing: What do I gain if you fail?
by Perotti, Enrico C. & Suarez, Javier
- 1623-1644 Excessive continuation and dynamic agency costs of debt
by Decamps, Jean-Paul & Faure-Grimaud, Antoine
- 1645-1670 Short-term investment and equilibrium multiplicity
by Cespa, Giovanni
- 1671-1695 Inducing liquidity in thin financial markets through combined-value trading mechanisms
by Bossaerts, Peter & Fine, Leslie & Ledyard, John
- 1697-1732 Intraday trade in dealership markets
by Bernhardt, Dan & Hughson, Eric
September 2002, Volume 46, Issue 8
- 1369-1378 Irrational diversification in multiple decision problems
by Rubinstein, Ariel
- 1379-1397 Central governance or subsidiarity: A property-rights approach to federalism
by Lulfesmann, Christoph
- 1399-1421 Intertemporal substitution and the liquidity effect in a sticky price model
by Andres, Javier & David Lopez-Salido, J. & Valles, Javier
- 1423-1437 Hurting hurts more than helping helps
by Offerman, Theo
- 1439-1451 The low skill trap
by Burdett, Ken & Smith, Eric
- 1453-1473 Self-rated economic welfare in Russia
by Ravallion, Martin & Lokshin, Michael
- 1475-1500 Aid allocation and poverty reduction
by Collier, Paul & Dollar, David
- 1501-1520 Weakest-link public goods: Giving in-kind or transferring money
by Vicary, Simon & Sandler, Todd
- 1521-1537 Investment in the absence of property rights; the role of incumbency advantages
by Konrad, Kai A.
- 1539-1557 State-price densities under heterogeneous beliefs, the smile effect, and implied risk aversion
by Ziegler, Alexandre
- 1559-1568 Tax principles and tax harmonization under imperfect competition: A cautionary example
by Keen, Michael & Lahiri, Sajal & Raimondos-Moller, Pascalis
July 2002, Volume 46, Issue 7
- 1153-1185 Golden cages for showy birds: Optimal switching costs in labor contracts
by Burguet, Roberto & Caminal, Ramon & Matutes, Carmen
- 1187-1207 Should a team be homogeneous?
by Prat, Andrea
- 1209-1227 Wage bargaining and turnover costs with heterogenous labor and perfect history screening
by Strand, Jon
- 1229-1251 Duration dependent unemployment benefits in trade union theory
by Kreiner, Claus Thustrup & Whitta-Jacobsen, Hans Jorgen
- 1253-1271 A simple preference foundation of cumulative prospect theory with power utility
by Wakker, Peter P. & Zank, Horst
- 1273-1303 Corruption and competition in procurement
by Celentani, Marco & Ganuza, Juan-Jose
- 1305-1322 Multinational companies and indigenous development: An empirical analysis
by Gorg, Holger & Strobl, Eric
- 1323-1357 What causes violent crime?
by Fajnzylber, Pablo & Lederman, Daniel & Loayza, Norman
- 1359-1368 The efficient side of progressive income taxation
by Corneo, Giacomo
June 2002, Volume 46, Issue 6
- 963-991 Aggregate productivity and aggregate technology
by Basu, Susanto & Fernald, John G.
- 993-1022 Education, segregation and marital sorting: theory and an application to the UK
by Fernandez, Raquel
- 1023-1048 Trade integration and risk sharing
by Kraay, Aart & Ventura, Jaume
- 1049-1071 External wealth, the trade balance, and the real exchange rate
by Lane, Philip R. & Milesi-Ferretti, Gian Maria
- 1073-1092 Imaginary money against sticky relative prices
by Loyo, Eduardo
- 1093-1109 Monetary policy with uncertain central bank preferences
by Sibert, Anne
- 1111-1123 The effect of a currency union on trade: Lessons from the Irish experience
by Thom, Rodney & Walsh, Brendan
- 1125-1151 Does a currency union affect trade? The time-series evidence
by Glick, Reuven & Rose, Andrew K.
May 2002, Volume 46, Issue 4-5
- 633-655 Rational irrationality: Some economics of self-management
by Tirole, Jean
- 657-685 A perspective on psychology and economics
by Rabin, Matthew
- 687-724 Psychological foundations of incentives
by Fehr, Ernst & Falk, Armin
- 725-733 On indescribable contingencies and incomplete contracts
by Maskin, Eric
- 734-744 Courts, contracts, and interference
by Legros, Patrick & Newman, Andrew F.
- 745-753 On partial contracting
by Aghion, Philippe & Dewatripont, Mathias & Rey, Patrick
- 755-769 Time-consistent redistribution
by Krusell, Per
- 771-780 Inflation targeting: Should it be modeled as an instrument rule or a targeting rule?
by Svensson, Lars E. O.
- 781-790 Inflation targeting in emerging market and transition economies: Lessons after a decade
by Amato, Jeffery D. & Gerlach, Stefan
- 791-799 On the limits to rational learning
by Young, H. Peyton
- 801-808 Fundamentals, beliefs, and financial contagion
by Chang, Roberto & Majnoni, Giovanni
- 809-820 The interbank market during a crisis
by Furfine, Craig
- 821-828 External discipline and financial stability
by Vives, Xavier
- 829-845 How (not) to run auctions: The European 3G telecom auctions
by Klemperer, Paul
- 846-858 The European UMTS-auctions
by van Damme, Eric
- 859-869 "Crime" in the lab-detecting social interaction
by Falk, Armin & Fischbacher, Urs
- 870-879 Peer and social networks in job search
by Marmaros, David & Sacerdote, Bruce
- 880-891 Identification of decision rules in experiments on simple games of proposal and response
by Manski, Charles F.
- 893-907 Coalition governments and comparative constitutional design
by Diermeier, Daniel & Eraslan, Hulya & Merlo, Antonio
- 908-918 Do constitutions cause large governments? Quasi-experimental evidence
by Persson, Torsten & Tabellini, Guido
- 919-927 Problems of liberalising the electricity industry
by Newbery, David M.
- 928-935 Competition in gas markets
by Cremer, Helmuth & Laffont, Jean-Jacques
March 2002, Volume 46, Issue 3
- 417-442 Eurosystem monetary targeting: Lessons from U.S. data
by Rudebusch, Glenn D. & Svensson, Lars E. O.
- 443-469 Do asymmetries matter for European monetary policy?
by Aksoy, Yunus & De Grauwe, Paul & Dewachter, Hans
- 471-485 Financial opening, deposit insurance, and risk in a model of banking competition
by Cordella, Tito & Yeyati, Eduardo Levy
- 487-506 Policy biases with voters' uncertainty about the economy and the government
by Schultz, Christian
- 507-522 International portfolio diversification and endogenous labor supply choice
by Jermann, Urban J.
- 523-538 Worker turnover at the firm level and crowding out of lower educated workers
by A. Gautier, Pieter & J. van den Berg, Gerard & C. van Ours, Jan & Ridder, Geert
- 539-567 The effects of integration on regional disparities: Convergence, divergence or both?
by Giannetti, Mariassunta
- 569-599 On the sources of convergence: A close look at the Spanish regions
by de la Fuente, Angel
- 601-612 Revisiting the case for a populist central banker
by Lippi, Francesco
- 613-621 Revisiting the case for a populist central banker: A comment
by Guzzo, Vincenzo & Velasco, Andres