European Economic Review
2005, Volume 49, Issue 7
- 1915-1925 Income taxation with intergenerational mobility: Can higher inequality lead to less progression?
by Blumkin, Tomer & Sadka, Efraim
2005, Volume 49, Issue 6
- 1393-1430 Why are some people (and countries) more protectionist than others?
by Mayda, Anna Maria & Rodrik, Dani
- 1431-1450 Complementarities in innovation policy
by Mohnen, Pierre & Roller, Lars-Hendrik
- 1451-1477 Social polarization, fiscal instability and growth
by Woo, Jaejoon
- 1479-1499 Termination restrictions and investment in general training
by Fella, Giulio
- 1501-1523 Managerial incentives and collusive behavior
by Spagnolo, Giancarlo
- 1525-1542 Competitive search markets with heterogeneous workers
by Inderst, Roman
- 1543-1569 The monetary transmission mechanism: Evidence from the industries of five OECD countries
by Dedola, Luca & Lippi, Francesco
- 1571-1602 New Phillips curve under alternative production technologies for Canada, the United States, and the Euro area
by Gagnon, Edith & Khan, Hashmat
- 1603-1635 Classifying exchange rate regimes: Deeds vs. words
by Levy-Yeyati, Eduardo & Sturzenegger, Federico
- 1637-1663 Relative wages and trade-induced changes in technology
by Ekholm, Karolina & Midelfart, Karen Helene
- 1665-1691 Growth, habit formation, and catching-up with the Joneses
by Alonso-Carrera, Jaime & Caballe, Jordi & Raurich, Xavier
2005, Volume 49, Issue 5
- 1081-1104 A small estimated euro area model with rational expectations and nominal rigidities
by Coenen, Gunter & Wieland, Volker
- 1105-1124 Shopping hours and price competition
by Inderst, Roman & Irmen, Andreas
- 1125-1136 Almost common values auctions revisited
by Levin, Dan & Kagel, John H.
- 1137-1163 Price stickiness and the contractionary effect of technology shocks
by Marchetti, Domenico J. & Nucci, Francesco
- 1165-1205 The regional allocation of infrastructure investment: The role of equity, efficiency and political factors
by Castells, Antoni & Sole-Olle, Albert
- 1207-1223 Intertemporal market division:: A case of alternating monopoly
by Herings, P. Jean-Jacques & Peeters, Ronald & Schinkel, Maarten Pieter
- 1225-1259 The consequences of labor market flexibility: Panel evidence based on survey data
by Di Tella, Rafael & MacCulloch, Robert
- 1261-1281 Public pensions and growth
by Lambrecht, Stephane & Michel, Philippe & Vidal, Jean-Pierre
- 1283-1303 Inflation, investment and economic performance: The role of internal financing
by Smith, R. Todd & van Egteren, Henry
- 1305-1330 The Indian Public Distribution System as provider of food security: Evidence from child nutrition in Andhra Pradesh
by Tarozzi, Alessandro
- 1331-1360 A business cycle model with variable capacity utilization and demand disturbances
by Nakajima, Tomoyuki
- 1361-1391 Explaining the wealth holdings of different cohorts: Productivity growth and Social Security
by Kapteyn, Arie & Alessie, Rob & Lusardi, Annamaria
2005, Volume 49, Issue 4
- 809-832 Location of vertically linked industries: agglomeration versus comparative advantage
by Amiti, Mary
- 833-843 Monetary regimes and the co-ordination of wage setting
by Holden, Steinar
- 845-860 Monetary integration and inflation preferences: A real options analysis
by Strobel, Frank
- 861-886 Imperfectly competitive cycles with Keynesian and Walrasian features
by Kaas, Leo & Madden, Paul
- 887-907 Poole in the New Keynesian model
by Collard, Fabrice & Dellas, Harris
- 909-938 Biogeography and long-run economic development
by Olsson, Ola & Hibbs, Douglas Jr.
- 939-973 Government policy and the probability of coordination failures
by Ennis, Huberto M. & Keister, Todd
- 975-1006 Data uncertainty and the role of money as an information variable for monetary policy
by Coenen, Gunter & Levin, Andrew & Wieland, Volker
- 1007-1032 Adaptability, productivity, and educational incentives in a matching model
by Charlot, Olivier & Decreuse, Bruno & Granier, Pierre
- 1033-1049 Economic growth and the riskiness of investment in firm-specific skills
by Maki, Taichi & Yotsuya, Koichi & Yagi, Tadashi
- 1051-1079 The limitations of decentralized world redistribution: An optimal taxation approach
by Kopczuk, Wojciech & Slemrod, Joel & Yitzhaki, Shlomo
2005, Volume 49, Issue 3
- 531-560 Interpretable asset markets?
by Bansal, Ravi & Khatchatrian, Varoujan & Yaron, Amir
- 561-577 Identifying monetary policy shocks with changes in open market operations
by Schabert, Andreas
- 579-598 Fundamentals, information, and international capital flows: A welfare analysis
by Krebs, Tom
- 599-626 Herding in delegated portfolio management: When is comparative performance information desirable?
by Gumbel, Alexander
- 627-637 Animal spirits and the composition of innovation
by Cozzi, Guido
- 639-658 The welfare costs of union wage compression
by Lindquist, Matthew J.
- 659-681 Reallocation of corporate resources and managerial incentives in internal capital markets
by Brusco, Sandro & Panunzi, Fausto
- 683-702 External factors in emerging market recoveries: An empirical investigation
by Mora, Ricardo & Siotis, Georges
- 703-716 Strategic interactions and airline network morphology under demand uncertainty
by Barla, Philippe & Constantatos, Christos
- 717-743 Downstream merger with upstream market power
by Lommerud, Kjell Erik & Straume, Odd Rune & Sorgard, Lars
- 745-760 Real business cycles, sticky wages or sticky prices? The impact of technology shocks on US manufacturing
by Malley, James R. & Muscatelli, V. Anton & Woitek, Ulrich
- 761-773 Optimal consumption and the timing of the resolution of uncertainty
by Eeckhoudt, Louis & Gollier, Christian & Treich, Nicolas
- 775-807 Technological convergence, R&D, trade and productivity growth
by Cameron, Gavin & Proudman, James & Redding, Stephen
2005, Volume 49, Issue 2
- 251-277 A revisionist perspective of European research in economics
by Tombazos, Christis G.
- 279-297 Transparency on the consumer side and tacit collusion
by Schultz, Christian
- 299-320 Firms' location decision across asymmetric countries and employment inequality
by Strauss-Kahn, Vanessa
- 321-340 Competition between insurers with superior information
by Villeneuve, Bertrand
- 341-358 Asymmetric access price regulation in telecommunications markets
by Peitz, Martin
- 359-385 Trade policy and quality leadership in transition economies
by Moraga-Gonzalez, Jose Luis & Viaene, Jean-Marie
- 387-408 Disorganization and financial collapse
by Marin, Dalia & Schnitzer, Monika
- 409-435 Optimal environmental taxation and enforcement policy
by Bontems, Philippe & Bourgeon, Jean-Marc
- 437-456 Too little or too much R&D?
by Alvarez-Pelaez, Maria J. & Groth, Christian
- 457-483 Teacher sorting, teacher quality, and student composition
by Bonesronning, Hans & Falch, Torberg & Strom, Bjarne
- 485-503 Are monetary-policy reaction functions asymmetric?: The role of nonlinearity in the Phillips curve
by Dolado, Juan J. & Maria-Dolores, Ramon & Naveira, Manuel
- 505-530 An experimental test of design alternatives for the British 3G/UMTS auction
by Abbink, Klaus & Irlenbusch, Bernd & Pezanis-Christou, Paul & Rockenbach, Bettina & Sadrieh, Abdolkarim & Selten, Reinhard
2005, Volume 49, Issue 1
- 1-7 Time-use data in economics
by Hamermesh, Daniel S. & Pfann, Gerard A.
- 9-27 Timing constraints and the allocation of time: The effects of changing shopping hours regulations in The Netherlands
by Jacobsen, Joyce P. & Kooreman, Peter
- 29-53 Routine
by Hamermesh, Daniel S.
- 55-73 Estimates of a labour supply function using alternative measures of hours of work
by Klevmarken, N. Anders
- 75-98 Loafing or learning?--the demand for informal education
by Fahr, Rene
- 99-111 To be consumed with moderation
by Carrillo, Juan D.
- 113-144 Financial markets, the pattern of industrial specialization and comparative advantage: Evidence from OECD countries
by Svaleryd, Helena & Vlachos, Jonas
- 145-172 Hormone beef, chlorinated chicken and international trade
by Calzolari, Giacomo & Immordino, Giovanni
- 173-199 Unbundling the local loop
by Bourreau, Marc & Dogan, Pinar
- 201-225 Skills, agglomeration and segmentation
by Mori, Tomoya & Turrini, Alessandro
- 227-250 Tilting the supply schedule to enhance competition in uniform-price auctions
by LiCalzi, Marco & Pavan, Alessandro
2004, Volume 48, Issue 6
- 1179-1210 Dividends, safety and liquidation when liabilities are long-term and stochastic
by Mason, Robin
- 1211-1226 Economic integration and the profitability of cross-border mergers and acquisitions
by Bjorvatn, Kjetil
- 1227-1241 Industry equilibrium with outside financing and moral hazard: Implications for market integration
by Suominen, Matti
- 1243-1255 Immigration from the former Soviet Union to Israel: Who is coming when?
by Locher, Lilo
- 1257-1286 The behaviour of relative prices in the European Union: A sectoral analysis
by Chen, Natalie
- 1287-1300 Wage and price controls in the equilibrium sequential search model
by Rauh, Michael T.
- 1301-1308 Bidding in hierarchies
by Konrad, Kai A.
- 1309-1332 Does seasonality change over the business cycle? An investigation using monthly industrial production series
by Matas-Mir, Antonio & Osborn, Denise R.
- 1333-1347 The comovement between real activity and prices in the G7
by den Haan, Wouter J. & Sumner, Steven W.
- 1349-1365 Bargaining structure and nominal wage flexibility
by Groth, Charlotta & Johansson, Asa
- 1367-1398 Public goods, merit goods, and the relation between private and government consumption
by Fiorito, Riccardo & Kollintzas, Tryphon
- 1399-1410 Specific investments, holdup, and the outside option principle
by Sloof, Randolph & Sonnemans, Joep & Oosterbeek, Hessel
2004, Volume 48, Issue 5
- 943-957 Simultaneous entry and welfare
by Cabral, Luis M. B.
- 959-982 Introducing a new currency: Government policy and prices
by Lotz, Sebastien
- 983-999 Political bargaining in a federation: Buchanan meets Coase
by Gradstein, Mark
- 1001-1025 Economic integration and political accountability
by Sand-Zantman, Wilfried
- 1027-1046 Job protection laws and agency problems under asymmetric information
by Schmitz, Patrick W.
- 1047-1074 Fiscal stabilizations: When do they work and why
by Ardagna, Silvia
- 1075-1090 Poverty alleviation and tax policy
by Pirttila, Jukka & Tuomala, Matti
- 1091-1123 Financing constraints and inventories
by Brown, Ward & Haegler, Urs
- 1125-1145 Aid, policy and growth in post-conflict societies
by Collier, Paul & Hoeffler, Anke
- 1147-1168 Collective decisions with interdependent valuations
by Gruner, Hans Peter & Kiel, Alexandra
- 1169-1178 Delay in contests
by Bester, Helmut & Konrad, Kai A.
2004, Volume 48, Issue 4
- 715-728 On the effective use of stigma as a crime-deterrent
by Funk, Patricia
- 729-745 Tax evasion in transition: Outcome of an institutional clash? Testing Feige's conjecture in Albania
by Gerxhani, Klarita
- 747-784 Asset return dynamics and the FX risk premium in a decentralized dealer market
by Derviz, Alexis
- 785-795 Redistribution, fertility, and growth: The effect of the opportunities abroad
by Azarnert, L.V.Leonid V.
- 797-803 Voting on meritocracy
by Gradstein, Mark
- 805-826 Income distribution and tax structure: Empirical test of the Meltzer-Richard hypothesis
by Borge, Lars-Erik & Rattso, J.Jorn
- 827-849 Estimating bilateral exposures in the German interbank market: Is there a danger of contagion?
by Upper, Christian & Worms, Andreas
- 851-881 Public expenditure, international specialisation and agglomeration
by Brulhart, Marius & Trionfetti, Federico
- 883-904 Designing social security - a portfolio choice approach
by Matsen, Egil & Thogersen, Oystein
- 905-925 Stable partnerships, matching, and local public goods
by Clark, Simon & Kanbur, Ravi
- 927-941 Privatisation of utilities and the asset value problem
by Grout, P.A.Paul A. & Jenkins, Andrew & Zalewska, Anna
2004, Volume 48, Issue 3
- 477-501 Delays and equilibria with large and small information in social learning
by Chamley, Christophe
- 503-525 Anti-herding and strategic consultation
by Levy, Gilat
- 527-548 Exchange rates and trade: How important is hysteresis in trade?
by Campa, Jose Manuel
- 549-562 On Stackelberg games in a homogeneous product market
by Dastidar, Krishnendu Ghosh
- 563-593 The political economy of regionalism
by Goyal, Sanjeev & Staal, Klaas
- 595-615 Changes in job security and their causes: An empirical analysis for France, 1982-2002
by Givord, Pauline & Maurin, Eric
- 617-643 Mergers, brand competition, and the price of a pint
by Pinkse, Joris & Slade, Margaret E.
- 645-663 Worker separations in a nonstationary corporate environment
by Dohmen, Thomas J. & Pfann, Gerard A.
- 665-679 Commercial policy variability, bindings, and market access
by Francois, Joseph F. & Martin, Will
- 681-696 The Cournot-Bertrand profit differential: A reversal result in a differentiated duopoly with wage bargaining
by Lopez, Monica Correa & Naylor, Robin A.
- 697-713 On the Nash bargaining solution with noise
by Guth, Werner & Ritzberger, Klaus & van Damme, Eric
2004, Volume 48, Issue 2
- 239-258 Predation and mergers: Is merger law counterproductive?
by Persson, Lars
- 259-284 Macroeconomic policy lessons of labor market frictions
by Yashiv, Eran
- 285-306 Absorptive capacity and the effects of foreign direct investment and equity foreign portfolio investment on economic growth
by Durham, J.B.J. Benson
- 307-336 The economics of production systems: Segmentation and skill-biased change
by Duranton, Gilles
- 337-351 A fundamental asymmetry of asymmetric shocks
by Andersson, Fredrik & Forslid, Rikard
- 353-378 The benefits of central bank's political independence
by Gabillon, Emmanuelle & Martimort, David
- 379-389 Empirical models of short-term debt and crises: Do they test the creditor run hypothesis?
by Detragiache, Enrica & Spilimbergo, Antonio
- 391-401 Managerial risk-taking incentives, product market competition and welfare
by Dasgupta, Sudipto & Shin, Jhinyoung
- 403-428 Technology, trade, and adjustment to immigration in Israel
by Gandal, Neil & Hanson, Gordon H. & Slaughter, M.J.Matthew J.
- 429-453 Antidumping duties, undertakings, and foreign direct investment in the EU
by Belderbos, R. & Vandenbussche, H. & Veugelers, R.
- 455-476 Foreign subsidiaries as a channel of international technology diffusion: Some direct firm level evidence from Belgium
by Veugelers, Reinhilde & Cassiman, Bruno
2004, Volume 48, Issue 1
- 1-23 Agglomeration, integration and tax harmonisation
by Baldwin, Richard E. & Krugman, Paul
- 25-38 Competition and the capital-labor conflict
by Spector, David
- 39-62 The composition of foreign direct investment and protection of intellectual property rights: Evidence from transition economies
by Smarzynska Javorcik, Beata
- 63-73 Asymmetric adjustment costs in simple general equilibrium models
by Chakrabarti, Avik
- 75-90 Currency crises and the real economy: The role of banks
by Disyatat, Piti
- 91-107 The inflation bias when the central bank targets the natural rate of unemployment
by Ruge-Murcia, Francisco J.
- 109-131 Shocking the eurozone
by Vlaar, Peter J. G.
- 133-153 Coordination risk and the price of debt
by Morris, Stephen & Shin, Hyun Song
- 155-179 Home-market vs. vote-market effect: Location equilibrium in a probabilistic voting model
by Robert-Nicoud, Frederic & Sbergami, Federica
- 181-200 Employer pay policies, public transfers and the retirement decisions of men and women in Denmark
by Bingley, Paul & Lanot, Gauthier
- 201-210 Strategic restraint in contests
by Epstein, Gil S. & Nitzan, Shmuel
- 211-233 Carbon tax simulations using a household demand model
by Brannlund, Runar & Nordstrom, Jonas
2003, Volume 47, Issue 6
- 945-962 Pricing to market behaviour in European car markets
by Gil-Pareja, Salvador
- 963-983 On the welfare effects of competition for foreign direct investments
by Fumagalli, Chiara
- 985-1009 Signalling commitment with monetary and inflation targets
by Laubach, Thomas
- 1011-1036 Entry deterrence and innovation in durable-goods monopoly
by Hoppe, Heidrun C. & Lee, In Ho
- 1037-1059 Inflation forecast uncertainty
by Giordani, Paolo & Soderlind, Paul
- 1061-1075 Deregulation, market power and risk behaviour in Spanish banks
by Salas, Vicente & Saurina, Jesus
- 1077-1103 Unilateral capital transfers, public investment, and economic growth
by Chatterjee, Santanu & Sakoulis, Georgios & Turnovsky, Stephen J.
2003, Volume 47, Issue 5
- 761-790 Time-consistent protection with learning by doing
by Miravete, Eugenio J.
- 791-831 Rule-of-thumb behaviour and monetary policy
by Amato, Jeffery D. & Laubach, Thomas
- 833-839 Currency hedging with options and futures
by Wong, Kit Pong
- 841-855 Industrial loans and market structure
by Gonzalez-Maestre, Miguel & Granero, Luis M.
- 857-875 Financial market imperfections and home ownership: A comparative study
by Chiuri, Maria Concetta & Jappelli, Tullio
- 877-890 Do new brooms sweep clean? When and why dismissing a manager increases the subordinates' performance
by Hoffler, Felix & Sliwka, Dirk
- 891-911 Official central bank interventions and exchange rate volatility: Evidence from a regime-switching analysis
by Beine, Michel & Laurent, Sebastien & Lecourt, Christelle
- 913-944 Are judges biased by labor market conditions?
by Ichino, Andrea & Polo, Michele & Rettore, Enrico
2003, Volume 47, Issue 4
- 587-612 Optimal card payment systems
by Wright, Julian
- 613-624 Looking behind the curtain--effects from modernization of European Union competition policy
by Barros, Pedro Pita
- 625-644 Winner's curse without overbidding
by Goeree, Jacob K. & Offerman, Theo
- 645-668 Transfer fee regulations in European football
by Feess, Eberhard & Muehlheusser, Gerd
- 669-685 Law enforcement and transition
by Roland, Gerard & Verdier, Thierry
- 687-710 Innovation and spillovers in regions: Evidence from European patent data
by Bottazzi, Laura & Peri, Giovanni
- 711-729 Tax distortions in Sweden and the United States
by Jonsson, Magnus & Klein, Paul
- 731-758 Corporate governance and dividend pay-out policy in Germany
by Gugler, Klaus & Yurtoglu, B. Burcin
- 759-760 Erratum to "European inflation dynamics": [European Economic Review 45 (2001), 1237-1270]
by Gali, Jordi & Gertler, Mark & David Lopez-Salido, J.
2003, Volume 47, Issue 3
- 395-407 Credible delegation
by Corts, Kenneth S. & Neher, Darwin V.
- 409-427 Migration, unemployment and discrimination
by Muller, Tobias
- 429-441 Exchange rate volatility and international trade: A general-equilibrium analysis
by Sercu, Piet & Uppal, Raman
- 443-459 A spatial tax harmonization model
by Ohsawa, Yoshiaki
- 461-476 Energy taxation: Reasons for discriminating in favor of the production sector
by Richter, Wolfram F. & Schneider, Kerstin
- 477-503 Income taxes, spending composition and long-run growth
by Rivas, Luis A.
- 505-520 In-house competition, organizational slack, and the business cycle
by Kerschbamer, Rudolf & Tournas, Yanni
- 521-552 Monetary union: A welfare based approach
by Carre, Martine & Collard, Fabrice
- 553-567 Accounting for human capital externalities with an application to the Nordic countries
by Herbertsson, Tryggvi Thor
- 569-586 A model of relative national price levels under pricing to market
by Bergin, Paul R.
2003, Volume 47, Issue 2
- 197-227 General training by firms, apprentice contracts, and public policy
by Malcomson, James M. & Maw, James W. & McCormick, Barry
- 229-244 The impact of minimum wages on youth employment in Portugal
by Pereira, Sonia C.
- 245-257 Asymmetry, stability and growth in a step-by-step R&D-race
by Hoernig, Steffen H.
- 259-273 Benefit duration and unemployment entry: A quasi-experiment in Austria
by Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf
- 275-294 Predator or prey?: Parasitic enterprises in economic development
by Mehlum, Halvor & Moene, Karl & Torvik, Ragnar
- 295-322 A sticky floors model of promotion, pay, and gender
by Booth, Alison L. & Francesconi, Marco & Frank, Jeff
- 323-335 Dismissal conflicts and unemployment
by E. Galdon-Sanchez, Jose & Guell, Maia
- 337-352 Policy reform and growth in post-Soviet Russia
by Berkowitz, Daniel & DeJong, David N.
- 353-369 Return migration, wage differentials, and the optimal migration duration
by Dustmann, Christian
- 371-399 Oligopsony and the distribution of wages
by Bhaskar, V. & To, Ted
2003, Volume 47, Issue 1
- 1-18 Macroeconomic forecasting in the Euro area: Country specific versus area-wide information
by Marcellino, Massimiliano & Stock, James H. & Watson, Mark W.
- 19-40 Tax competition, rent-seeking and fiscal decentralization
by Sato, Motohiro
- 41-60 Should high-tax countries pursue revenue-neutral ecological tax reforms?
by Bayindir-Upmann, Thorsten & Raith, Matthias G.
- 61-94 Macroeconomic fluctuations: Demand or supply, permanent or temporary?
by Hartley, Peter R. & Whitt Jr, Joseph A.
- 95-111 Reallocation and learning over the business cycle
by Schivardi, Fabiano
- 113-124 Protecting consumers through protection: The role of tariff-induced technology transfer
by Kabiraj, Tarun & Marjit, Sugata
- 125-146 Environmental policy incentives to adopt advanced abatement technology:: Will the true ranking please stand up?
by Requate, Till & Unold, Wolfram
- 147-164 Minimum wage, exports and growth
by Askenazy, Philippe
- 165-195 Economic development, legality, and the transplant effect
by Berkowitz, Daniel & Pistor, Katharina & Richard, Jean-Francois
2002, Volume 46, Issue 10
- 1733-1756 The labor market and corporate structure
by Acemoglu, Daron & F. Newman, Andrew
- 1757-1783 Does the sector bias of skill-biased technical change explain changing skill premia?
by Haskel, Jonathan E. & Slaughter, Matthew J.
- 1785-1824 The anatomy of unemployment dynamics
by Abbring, Jaap H. & van den Berg, Gerard J. & van Ours, Jan C.
- 1825-1850 Public debt indexation and denomination with an independent central bank
by Falcetti, Elisabetta & Missale, Alessandro
- 1851-1871 Did colonization matter for growth?: An empirical exploration into the historical causes of Africa's underdevelopment
by Bertocchi, Graziella & Canova, Fabio
2002, Volume 46, Issue 9
- 1569-1597 Insider trading legislation and corporate governance
by Maug, Ernst
- 1599-1622 Last bank standing: What do I gain if you fail?
by Perotti, Enrico C. & Suarez, Javier
- 1623-1644 Excessive continuation and dynamic agency costs of debt
by Decamps, Jean-Paul & Faure-Grimaud, Antoine