European Economic Review
1998, Volume 42, Issue 6
- 1113-1140 Productivity growth, consumer confidence and the business cycle
by Danthine, Jean-Pierre & Donaldson, John B. & Johnsen, Thore
- 1141-1172 Synthetic returns on NIPA assets: An international comparison
by Baxter, Marianne & Jermann, Urban J. & King, Robert G.
1998, Volume 42, Issue 3-5
- 413-436 Features of experimentally observed bounded rationality
by Selten, Reinhard
- 437-458 How relevant are specifications of behavioral relations on the micro-level for modelling the time path of population aggregates?
by Hildenbrand, Werner
- 459-490 Why not cut pay?
by Bewley, Truman F.
- 491-497 Private and public health insurance in the UK
by Besley, Timothy & Hall, John & Preston, Ian
- 499-511 Moral hazard and the demand for physician services: First lessons from a French natural experiment
by Chiappori, Pierre-Andre & Durand, Franck & Geoffard, Pierre-Yves
- 513-522 An econometric model of health care utilization and health insurance in Switzerland
by Holly, Alberto & Gardiol, Lucien & Domenighetti, Gianfranco & Brigitte Bisig
- 523-542 Recent developments in modeling unforeseen contingencies
by Dekel, Eddie & Lipman, Barton L. & Rustichini, Aldo
- 543-551 Repeated games and limited forecasting
by Jehiel, Philippe
- 553-560 Definable preferences: An example1
by Rubinstein, Ariel
- 561-572 International Institutions and Environmental Policy: International environmental agreements: Incentives and political economy1
by Carraro, Carlo & Siniscalco, Domenico
- 573-582 Coalition formation in international environmental agreements and the role of institutions
by Ecchia, Giulio & Mariotti, Marco
- 583-592 Political institutions and the design of environmental policy in a federal system with asymmetric information
by Ulph, Alistair
- 593-603 Persistency in sticky price models
by Andersen, Torben M.
- 605-617 The role of monetary shocks in equilibrium business cycle theory: Three examples
by Cooley, Thomas F. & Hansen, Gary D.
- 619-629 Expectation heterogeneity and price sensitivity
by Nishimura, Kiyohiko G.
- 631-639 Learning in games
by Fudenberg, Drew & Levine, David
- 641-649 Evolution, rationality and equilibrium in games
by Weibull, Jorgen W.
- 651-663 Individual learning and social rationality1
by Peyton Young, H.
- 665-672 Comparing constitutions:: Cohesion and distribution in legislatures
by Diermeier, Daniel & Feddersen, Timothy J.
- 673-684 Transaction costs, institutional design and the separation of powers
by Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Martimort, David
- 685-694 Towards micropolitical foundations of public finance
by Persson, Torsten & Roland, Gerard & Tabellini, Guido
- 695-703 Trade and growth Any unfinished business?
by Baldwin, Richard E. & Forslid, Rikard
- 705-716 Economic incentives and international trade
by Dalia Marin & Monika Schnitzer
- 717-732 The political economy of EC regionalism
by Sapir, Andre
- 733-744 Results-oriented versus rules-oriented trade policies:: A theoretical survey
by Thierry Verdier
- 745-756 Ascending auctions
by Cramton, Peter
- 757-769 Auctions with almost common values: The 'Wallet Game' and its applications
by Klemperer, Paul
- 771-778 Game theory and the spectrum auctions
by Milgrom, Paul
- 779-800 The social basis of interdependent preferences
by Postlewaite, Andrew
- 801-820 Social status and economic performance:: A survey
by Weiss, Yoram & Fershtman, Chaim
- 821-830 Social norms and economic welfare1
by Peyton Young, H.
- 831-844 A portrait of the individual investor
by De Bondt, Werner F. M.
- 845-859 Reciprocity and economics: The economic implications of Homo Reciprocans1
by Fehr, Ernst & Gachter, Simon
- 861-871 Life-cycle consumption and hyperbolic discount functions
by Laibson, David
- 873-885 Are currency crises predictable?
by Goldfajn, Ilan & Valdes, Rodrigo O.
- 887-895 The trade balance and fiscal policy in the OECD
by Lane, Philip R. & Perotti, Roberto
- 897-908 Sharp reductions in current account deficits An empirical analysis
by Maria Milesi-Ferretti, Gian & Razin, Assaf
- 909-918 Bargaining while searching for outside options: A potential role for unions
by Aghion, Philippe & Compte, Oliver & Jehiel, Philippe
- 919-930 The determination of R&D: Empirical evidence on the role of unions
by Menezes-Filho, Naercio & Ulph, David & Van Reenen, John
- 931-939 Labour markets, bargaining and innovation
by Ulph, Alistair & Ulph, David
1998, Volume 42, Issue 2
- 207-223 Nominal wage contracts and the persistent effects of monetary policy
by Gottfries, Nils & Westermark, Andreas
- 225-244 Market structure and the timing of technology adoption with network externalities
by Choi, Jay Pil & Thum, Marcel
- 245-275 Job flow dynamics and firing restrictions
by Garibaldi, Pietro
- 277-310 Competing markets
by Gehrig, Thomas
- 311-327 Productivity shocks in a sectoral real business cycle model for West Germany
by Lucke, Bernd
- 329-347 The distribution of wealth in the liberal social contract
by Ythier, Jean Mercier
- 349-364 The semiflexible almost ideal demand system
by Moschini, Giancarlo
- 365-374 The price-wage mechanism: An endogenous switching model
by Osiewalski, Jacek & Welfe, Aleksander
- 375-411 Reform of the European Union's Common Agricultural Policy: How to reach GATT-compatibility?
by Weyerbrock, Silvia
1998, Volume 42, Issue 1
- 1-34 Gift exchange and reciprocity in competitive experimental markets
by Fehr, Ernst & Kirchsteiger, Georg & Riedl, Arno
- 35-59 Describability and agency problems
by Anderlini, Luca & Felli, Leonardo
- 61-69 Is there always too little research in endogenous growth with expanding product variety?
by Benassy, Jean-Pascal
- 71-95 Information policy in road transport with elastic demand: Some welfare economic considerations
by Emmerink, Richard H. M. & Verhoef, Erik T. & Nijkamp, Peter & Rietveld, Piet
- 97-122 Relative performance of public and private ownership under yardstick competition: electricity retail distribution
by Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Hjalmarsson, Lennart
- 123-153 'Actual' versus 'virtual' employment in Europe Is Spain different?
by Marimon, Ramon & Zilibotti, Fabrizio
- 155-183 The impact of employment tax cuts on unemployment and wages; The role of unemployment benefits and tax structure
by Pissarides, Christopher A.
- 185-199 Nominal rigidity and monetary uncertainty
by Rankin, Neil
- 201-206 Who's publishing who? The national composition of contributors to some core US and European journals
by Elliott, Caroline & Greenaway, David & Sapsford, David
1997, Volume 41, Issue 9
- 1635-1654 Privatization and efficiency in a differentiated industry
by Anderson, Simon P. & de Palma, Andre & Thisse, Jacques-Francois
- 1655-1674 Optimal auction design and R&D
by Bag, Parimal Kanti
- 1675-1685 Yield-curve movements and fiscal retrenchments
by Balduzzi, Pierluigi & Corsetti, Giancarlo & Foresi, Silverio
- 1687-1707 The determinants of realignment expectations under the EMS: Some empirical regularities
by Chen, Zhaohui & Giovannini, Alberto
- 1709-1733 Structural uncertainty and subsidy removal for economies in transition
by Bertocchi, Graziella & Spagat, Michael
- 1735-1762 Walras--Keynes equilibria coordination and macroeconomics
by Dreze, Jacques H.
- 1763-1779 The distribution of earnings in Finland 1971-1990
by Eriksson, Tor & Jantti, Markus
- 1781-1816 Common trends and hysteresis in Scandinavian unemployment
by Jacobson, Tor & Vredin, Anders & Warne, Anders
- 1817-1834 Budget-constrained search
by Manning, Richard & Manning, Julian R. A.
- 1835-1852 Convergence across the Swedish counties, 1911-1993
by Persson, Joakim
- i-ii The 1997 Yrjo Jahnsson award in economics
by Sandmo, Agnar
1997, Volume 41, Issue 8
- 1427-1459 Environmental risks and bank liability
by Boyer, Marcel & Laffont, Jean-Jacques
- 1461-1478 The instability of fixed exchange rate systems when raising the nominal interest rate is costly
by Bensaid, Bernard & Jeanne, Olivier
- 1479-1488 International R&D spillovers, human capital and productivity in OECD economies: An empirical investigation
by Engelbrecht, Hans-Jurgen
- 1489-1509 Does unmeasured ability explain the higher wages of new technology workers?
by Entorf, Horst & Kramarz, Francis
- 1511-1535 A new indicator to assess the credibility of the EMS
by Gomez-Puig, Marta & Montalvo, JoseG.
- 1537-1557 Growth effects of European integration
by Henrekson, Magnus & Torstensson, Johan & Torstensson, Rasha
- 1559-1567 Note on duopolistic vertical restraints
by Irmen, Andreas
- 1569-1587 Conflict generating product price changes: The imputed output approach
by Lloyd, P. J. & Schweinberger, A. G.
- 1589-1613 An equilibrium search-matching model of discrimination
by Rosen, Asa
- 1615-1634 Risk allocation and inter-dealer trading
by Vogler, Karl-Hubert
1997, Volume 41, Issue 7
- 1251-1279 Saving and income smoothing: Evidence from panel data
by Alessie, Rob & Lusardi, Annamaria
- 1281-1307 The causes of Spanish unemployment: A structural VAR approach
by Dolado, Juan J. & Jimeno, Juan F.
- 1309-1320 Pricing initial public offerings: Further evidence from Germany
by Ljungqvist, Alexander P.
- 1321-1342 Rationing versus collateralization in competitive and monopolistic credit markets with asymmetric information
by Schmidt-Mohr, Udo
- 1343-1353 On the effects of firing costs when investment is endogenous: An extension of a model by Bertola
by Risager, Ole & Sorensen, Jan Rose
- 1355-1374 The term-structure of investment and the banks' insurance function
by von Thadden, Ernst-Ludwig
- 1375-1401 The predictive power of the term structure of interest rates in Europe and the United States: Implications for the European Central Bank
by Estrella, Arturo & Mishkin, Frederic S.
- 1403-1419 Monetary integration and currency substitution in the EMS: The case for a European monetary aggregate
by Spencer, Peter
- 1421-1426 Export and hedging decisions under revenue and exchange rate risk: A note
by Adam-Muller, Axel F. A.
1997, Volume 41, Issue 6
- 1025-1053 What does the Bundesbank target?
by Bernanke, Ben S. & Mihov, Ilian
- 1055-1078 International evidence on investment and fundamentals
by Eberly, Janice C.
- 1079-1109 Are countries with official international restrictions 'liquidity constrained'?
by Lewis, Karen K.
- 1111-1146 Inflation forecast targeting: Implementing and monitoring inflation targets
by Svensson, Lars E. O.
- 1147-1171 Institutions and labor reallocation
by Bertola, Giuseppe & Rogerson, Richard
- 1173-1200 Skill-biassed change, unemployment and wage inequality
by Gregg, Paul & Manning, Alan
- 1201-1249 Sticky price and limited participation models of money: A comparison
by Christiano, Lawrence J. & Eichenbaum, Martin & Evans, Charles L.
- iii-iii Editorial note
by Frankel, Jeffrey & Wyplosz, Charles
1997, Volume 41, Issue 3-5
- 357-383 Privatisation and liberalisation of network utilities
by Newbery, David M.
- 385-410 Government in transition
by Shleifer, Andrei
- 411-442 The 'paradoxes' of the successful state
by Rodrik, Dani
- 443-450 The constitutional reform of the European Union
by Vaubel, Roland
- 451-459 Flexible integration and European monetary union
by Thygesen, Niels
- 461-473 A new bankruptcy procedure that uses multiple auctions
by Hart, Oliver & La Porta Drago, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Moore, John
- 475-485 Ex-ante efficiency of bankruptcy procedures
by Cornelli, Francesca & Felli, Leonardo
- 487-497 Optimal bankruptcy law and firm-specific investments
by Berkovitch, Elazar & Israel, Ronen & Zender, Jaime F.
- 499-506 Is labour rigidity harming Europe's competitiveness? The effect of job protection on the pattern of trade and welfare
by Saint-Paul, Gilles
- 507-516 Can supply create its own demand? Implications for rising skill differentials
by Machin, Stephen & Manning, Alan
- 517-524 Unemployment insurance benefits and human capital accumulation
by Dellas, Harris
- 525-533 Technology, unemployment and efficiency
by Acemoglu, Daron
- 535-547 Challenges facing natural rate theory
by Bianchi, Marco & Zoega, Gylfi
- 549-557 Growth, wealth and the natural rate: Is Europe's jobs crisis a growth crisis?
by Hoon, Hian Teck & Phelps, Edmund S.
- 559-569 Is the natural rate a reference point?
by Karanassou, Marika & Snower, Dennis J.
- 571-579 An empirical puzzle: Falling migration and growing unemployment differentials among Italian regions
by Faini, Riccardo & Galli, Giampaolo & Gennari, Pietro & Rossi, Fulvio
- 581-589 Regional unemployment and labour mobility in the UK
by McCormick, Barry
- 591-598 Sticky labor in Spanish regions
by Bentolila, Samuel
- 599-608 Is redistribution through indirect taxes equitable?
by Decoster, Andre & Schokkaert, Erik & Van Camp, Guy
- 609-617 On the distributive and incentive effects of the Spanish income tax: A comparison of 1980 and 1994
by Mercader-Prats, Magda
- 619-626 Behavioural tax microsimulation with finite hours choices
by Duncan, Alan & Weeks, Melvyn
- 627-633 The impact of comparable policies in European countries: Microsimulation approaches
by Callan, Tim & Sutherland, Holly
- 635-646 Corporatism, labor unions and the safety net
by Burda, Michael C.
- 647-657 The decline of labour market institutions and the rise in wage inequality in Britain
by Machin, Stephen
- 659-669 A new theory of corporatism and wage setting
by Teulings, Coen N.
- 671-680 The Eastern enlargement of the European Union: Major challenges for macro-economic policies and institutions of Central and East European countries
by Daviddi, Renzo & Ilzkovitz, Fabienne
- 681-690 Ongoing reform of U.S. telecommunications policy
by Katz, Michael L.
- 691-699 The evolution of telecommunications regulation in the UK
by Cave, Martin
- 701-711 Competition between telecommunications operators
by Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Rey, Patrick & Tirole, Jean
- 713-721 The effects of minimum bargained wages on earnings: Evidence from Spain
by Dolado, Juan J. & Felgueroso, Florentino & Jimeno, Juan F.
- 723-732 Is there a negative effect of minimum wages on youth employment in France?
by Bazen, Stephen & Skourias, Nicolas
- 733-742 Minimum wages and economic outcomes in Europe
by Machin, Stephen & Manning, Alan
- 743-751 EMU: Countries or regions? Lessons from the EMS experience
by Fatas, Antonio
- 753-760 Is EMU more justifiable ex post than ex ante?
by Frankel, Jeffrey A. & Rose, Andrew K.
- 771-782 Competition and growth with step-by-step innovation: An example
by Aghion, Philippe & Harris, Christopher & Vickers, John
- 783-796 What makes firms perform well?
by Nickell, Stephen & Nicolitsas, Daphne & Dryden, Neil
- 797-805 Corporate governance, competition policy and industrial policy
by Aghion, Ph. & Dewatripont, M. & Rey, P.
- 807-817 Soft budget constraints and credit crunches in financial transition
by Berglof, Erik & Roland, Gerard
- 819-825 Fiscal imbalances, capital inflows, and the real exchange rate: The case of Turkey
by Agenor, Pierre-Richard & McDermott, C. John & Ucer, Murat
- 827-835 Currency substitution and exchange rate instability: The Turkish case
by Akcay, O. Cevdet & Alper, C. Emre & Karasulu, Meral
- 837-845 Likelihood versus timing of speculative attacks: A case study of Mexico
by Pazarbasioglu, Ceyla & Otker, Inci
- 847-860 Speculative attacks and macroeconomic fundamentals: evidence from some European currencies
by Otker, Inci & Pazarbasioglu, Ceyla
- 861-870 Economic implications for Turkey of a Customs Union with the European Union
by Harrison, Glenn W. & Rutherford, Thomas F. & Tarr, David G.
- 871-880 On Turkey's trade policy: Is a customs union with Europe enough?
by Mercenier, Jean & Yeldan, Erinc
- 881-892 Competitiveness of Turkish SMSEs in the Customs Union
by Erzan, Refik & Filiztekin, Alpay
- 893-903 Value of human capital in transition to market: Evidence from Slovenia
by Orazem, Peter F. & Vodopivec, Milan
- 905-914 Heterogeneous workers, economic transformation and the stagnancy of transitional unemployment
by Boeri, Tito
- 915-923 New jobs, worklessness and households in Poland
by Lehmann, Hartmut & Wadsworth, Jonathan
- 925-934 Unemployment dynamics and the restructuring of the Slovak unemployment benefit system
by Lubyova, Martina & van Ours, Jan
- 935-942 Estimating cost functions in regulated industries characterized by asymmetric information
by Dalen, Dag Morten & Gomez-Lobo, Andres
- 943-950 Empirical contract theory: The case of insurance data
by Chiappori, Pierre-Andre & Salanie, Bernard
- 951-959 Game theory econometric models: application to procurements in the space industry
by Florens, Jean-Pierre & Hugo, Marie-Anne & Richard, Jean-Francois
- 961-970 Multiple-output agency incentives in data production: experimental evidence
by Philipson, Tomas & Lawless, Thomas
- 971-973 Annual report 1996
by Barten, Anton P.
1997, Volume 41, Issue 2
- 187-205 Technological change, relative wages, and unemployment
by Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Aizenman, Joshua
- 207-225 Asymmetric information as a commitment in oligopoly
by Barros, Fatima
- 227-243 Optimal contract length in a reputational model of monetary policy
by Ellis, Christopher J. & Holden, Steinar
- 245-257 Price adjustment costs and the effect of endogenous technique on price stickiness
by Fluet, Claude & Phaneuf, Louis
- 259-277 Real exchange rate misalignment and redistribution
by Huizinga, Harry
- 279-293 Stabilization
by Roell, Ailsa & Sussman, Oren
- 295-317 Shopping at the labour market: A real tale of fiction
by van Beek, Krijn W. H. & Koopmans, Carl C. & van Praag, Bernard M. S.
- 319-356 International real business cycles among heterogeneous countries
by Zimmermann, Christian
1997, Volume 41, Issue 1
- 1-35 Game theory and empirical economics: The case of auction data 1
by Laffont, Jean-Jacques
- 37-59 Intertemporal consumption, durables and liquidity constraints: A cohort analysis
by Alessie, Rob & Devereux, Michael P. & Weber, Guglielmo
- 61-73 Estimating a cointegrating demand system
by Attfield, C. L. F.
- 75-95 On nonparametric demand analysis
by Chavas, Jean-Paul & Cox, Thomas L.
- 97-114 In-kind transfers, self-selection and optimal tax policy
by Cremer, Helmuth & Gahvari, Firouz
- 115-137 Real returns on government debt: A general equilibrium quantitative exploration
by Diaz-Gimenez, Javier & Prescott, Edward C.
- 139-146 Stock markets and development: A re-assessment
by Harris, Richard D. F.
- 147-162 Wages and employment in a repeated game with revenue fluctuations
by Schultz, Christian
- 163-186 Rational fix-price dynamics
by Lensberg, Terje
1996, Volume 40, Issue 9
- 1683-1704 Macroeconomic performance and convergence in OECD countries
by Andres, Javier & Domenech, Rafael & Molinas, Cesar
- 1705-1716 Local public expenditure in Sweden a model where the median voter is not necessarily decisive
by Aronsson, Thomas & Wikstrom, Magnus
- 1717-1736 Non-discriminating renegotiation in a competitive insurance market
by Asheim, Geir B. & Nilssen, Tore
- 1737-1743 On the political economy of immigration
by Benhabib, Jess
- 1745-1760 Product quality and the theory of comparative advantage
by Copeland, Brian R. & Kotwal, Ashok
- 1761-1771 Poverty measurement with contaminated data: A robust approach
by Cowell, Frank A. & Victoria-Feser, Maria-Pia
- 1773-1797 Regulating an externality-generating public utility: A multi-dimensional screening approach
by van Egteren, Henry
- 1799-1815 Decreasing absolute prudence: Characterization and applications to second-best risk sharing
by Gollier, Christian
- 1817-1828 Corporate taxation, incumbency advantage and entry
by Appelbaum, Elie & Katz, Eliakim
- 1831-1832 Erratum Regional risksharing European Economic Review 39 (1995) 1545-1567
by van Wincoop, Eric
1996, Volume 40, Issue 8
- 1521-1540 Increasing the capital income tax may lead to faster growth
by Uhlig, Harald & Yanagawa, Noriyuki
- 1541-1560 Factor shares in OLG models of growth
by Bertola, Giuseppe
- 1561-1589 Jointly determined saving and fertility behaviour: Theory, and estimates for Germany, Italy, UK and USA
by Cigno, Alessandro & Rosati, Furio C.
- 1591-1603 Insider trading restrictions and the stock market: Evidence from the Amsterdam Stock Exchange
by Kabir, Rezaul & Vermaelen, Theo
- 1605-1627 Trade policy subtleties with multinational firms
by Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Markusen, James R. & Rutherford, Thomas F.
- 1629-1646 Interest rates and fiscal discipline in monetary unions
by Restoy, Fernando
- 1647-1664 Taxes, uncertainty, and long-term growth
by Smith, William T.
- 1665-1682 Labor and credit contracts with asymmetric information and bankruptcy
by Tsoulouhas, Theofanis
1996, Volume 40, Issue 7
- 1379-1411 Informational efficiency and welfare in the stock market
by Orosel, Gerhard O.
- 1413-1440 Fiscal policy when monetary policy is tied to the mast
by Agell, Jonas & Calmfors, Lars & Jonsson, Gunnar
- 1441-1451 Rationing of sales and price setting
by Andersen, Torben M.
- 1453-1461 Location in the Hotelling duopoly model with demand uncertainty
by Balvers, Ronald & Szerb, Lazlo
- 1463-1482 Minimum wage unemployment and growth
by Cahuc, Pierre & Michel, Philippe
- 1483-1499 Managerial husbandry and the dynamics of ongoing hierarchies
by Demougin, Dominique & Siow, Aloysius
- 1501-1519 Are the unemployed unemployable?
by Saint-Paul, Gilles
1996, Volume 40, Issue 6
- 1203-1228 Income distribution, political instability, and investment
by Alesina, Alberto & Perotti, Roberto
- 1229-1235 Domestic savings, intra-national and intra-European Union capital flows, 1971-1991
by Armstrong, Harvey W. & Balasubramanyam, V. N. & Salisu, Mohammed A.
- 1237-1258 International evidence on the sources of macroeconomic fluctuations
by Bergman, Michael
- 1259-1279 On the persistence of rationing following liberalization: A theory for economies in transition
by Berkowitz, Daniel
- 1281-1303 Deregulation and productivity decline: The case of Spanish bavings banks
by Grifell-Tatje, E. & Lovell, C. A. K.
- 1305-1323 Firm start-up size: A conditional quantile approach
by Mata, Jose & Machado, Jose A. F.