European Economic Review
2000, Volume 44, Issue 8
- 1431-1448 Licence contracts, future exchange clauses, and technological competition
by van Dijk, Theon
- 1449-1472 Local-currency pricing and the choice of exchange-rate regime
by Engel, Charles
- 1473-1490 Efficiency wage and efficient redundancy pay
by Fella, Giulio
- 1491-1513 Political support for reforms: Economics of voting in transition countries
by Fidrmuc, Jan
- 1515-1541 A small open economy model with transaction costs in foreign capital
by Kollintzas, Tryphon & Vassilatos, Vanghelis
- 1543-1556 Partners in giving:: The crowding-in effects of UK government grants
by Khanna, Jyoti & Sandler, Todd
- 1557-1576 On entry, exit, and coordination with mixed strategies
by Vettas, Nikolaos
- 1577-1597 Bidding and renegotiation in procurement auctions
by Wang, Ruqu
- 1599-1605 Endogenous growth with physical capital, human capital and product variety: A comment
by Arnold, Lutz G.
2000, Volume 44, Issue 7
- 1195-1224 Productivity gains from unemployment insurance
by Acemoglu, Daron & Shimer, Robert
- 1225-1258 Consumption smoothing in island economies: Can public insurance reduce welfare?
by Attanasio, Orazio & Rios-Rull, Jose-Victor
- 1259-1289 Searching for non-linear effects of fiscal policy: Evidence from industrial and developing countries
by Giavazzi, Francesco & Jappelli, Tullio & Pagano, Marco
- 1291-1326 Employment and distributional effects of restricting working time
by Marimon, Ramon & Zilibotti, Fabrizio
- 1327-1350 Financial integration and asset returns
by Martin, Philippe & Rey, H.
- 1351-1387 Inflation zone targeting
by Orphanides, Athanasios & Wieland, Volker
- 1389-1408 Low inflation, pass-through, and the pricing power of firms
by Taylor, John B.
2000, Volume 44, Issue 4-6
- 619-644 Reproductive externalities and fertility behaviour
by Dasgupta, Partha
- 645-665 Development, ecological resources and their management: A study of complex dynamic systems
by Maler, Karl-Goran
- 667-681 Auctions, development, and privatization: Efficient auctions with liquidity-constrained buyers
by Maskin, Eric S.
- 683-693 Democratization or repression?
by Acemoglu, Daron & Robinson, James A.
- 694-705 Wealth constraints, lobbying and the efficiency of public allocation
by Esteban, Joan & Ray, Debraj
- 706-712 Income distribution and the process of development
by Galor, Oded
- 713-718 Contagious bank failures in a free banking system
by Aghion, Philippe & Bolton, Patrick & Dewatripont, Mathias
- 719-727 Foreign currency debt and the global financial architecture
by Jeanne, Olivier
- 728-738 A simple model of monetary policy and currency crises
by Aghion, Philippe & Bacchetta, Philippe & Banerjee, Abhijit
- 739-747 Entrepreneurship, access policy and economic development: Lessons from industrial organization
by Dutz, Mark A. & Ordover, Janusz A. & Willig, Robert D.
- 748-761 Business groups and social welfare in emerging markets: Existing evidence and unanswered questions
by Khanna, Tarun
- 762-772 Competition policy implementation in transition economies: An empirical assessment
by Dutz, Mark A. & Vagliasindi, Maria
- 773-784 Group lending with adverse selection
by Laffont, Jean-Jacques & N'Guessan, Tchetche
- 785-796 Incentives in allocation of policy loans
by Zhang, Xinzhu
- 797-805 Cross-subsidies and network expansion in developing countries
by Laffont, Jean-Jacques & N'Gbo, Ake
- 807-817 Organizational law as asset partitioning
by Hansmann, Henry & Kraakman, Reinier
- 818-828 Threatening inefficient performance
by Ayres, Ian & Madison, Kristin
- 829-843 Using options to divide value in corporate bankruptcy
by Bebchuk, Lucian Arye
- 845-855 The allocation of jurisdiction in international antitrust
by Neven, Damien J. & Roller, Lars-Hendrik
- 856-868 Skill versus judgement and the architecture of organisations
by Seabright, Paul
- 869-877 Multitask agency problems: Focus and task clustering
by Dewatripont, Mathias & Jewitt, Ian & Tirole, Jean
- 879-890 Human capital, social capital, and public schooling
by Gradstein, Mark & Justman, Moshe
- 891-903 Is financial openness bad for education? A political economy perspective on development
by Bourguignon, Francois & Verdier, Thierry
- 904-915 On the political economy of means-tested education vouchers
by Bearse, Peter & Glomm, Gerhard & Ravikumar, B.
- 917-927 Certification of training and training outcomes
by Acemoglu, Daron & Pischke, Jorn-Steffen
- 928-942 Youth employment policies in France
by Fougere, Denis & Kramarz, Francis & Magnac, Thierry
- 943-956 Youth labour markets in Spain: Education, training, and crowding-out
by Dolado, Juan J. & Felgueroso, Florentino & Jimeno, Juan F.
- 957-973 Declining public pensions in an era of demographic ageing: Will private provision fill the gap?
by Disney, Richard
- 974-983 Reforming our pension system: Is it a demographic, financial or political problem?
by Cremer, Helmuth & Pestieau, Pierre
- 985-992 Empirical research on discrete choice game theory models of entry: An illustration
by Toivanen, Otto & Waterson, Michael
- 993-1005 Empirical models of demand for differentiated products
by Davis, Peter
- 1006-1020 Bidding behavior in a repeated procurement auction: A summary
by Jofre-Bonet, Mireia & Pesendorfer, Martin
- 1021-1031 Network externalities and universal service obligation in the internet
by Cremer, Jacques
- 1032-1044 Internet cluster emergence
by Quah, Danny
- 1045-1056 Simple competitive Internet pricing
by Mason, Robin
- 1057-1068 Fairness, incentives, and contractual choices
by Fehr, Ernst & Schmidt, Klaus M.
- 1069-1078 Reciprocity and wage undercutting
by Dufwenberg, Martin & Kirchsteiger, Georg
- 1079-1089 Asymmetric inequality aversion and noisy behavior in alternating-offer bargaining games
by Goeree, Jacob K. & Holt, Charles A.
- 1091-1103 Inter-generational transfers and common values in a society
by Caillaud, B. & Cohen, D.
- 1104-1115 The value of information when preferences are dynamically inconsistent
by Brocas, Isabelle & Carrillo, Juan D.
- 1116-1124 Modelling time-inconsistent preferences
by Caillaud, Bernard & Jullien, Bruno
2000, Volume 44, Issue 3
- 423-448 From local to global competition
by Anderson, Simon P. & de Palma, Andre
- 449-468 Do capital market imperfections exacerbate output fluctuations?
by Bacchetta, Philippe & Caminal, Ramon
- 469-490 Darwinian selection does not eliminate irrational traders
by Biais, Bruno & Shadur, Raphael
- 491-515 On endogenous growth with physical capital, human capital and product variety
by Funke, Michael & Strulik, Holger
- 517-539 Optimal monetary policy cooperation through state-independent contracts with targets
by Jensen, Henrik
- 541-563 Internal and external labor markets and the scope of the firm
by Novos, Ian E.
- 565-585 Relative preferences and public goods
by Reiter, Michael
- 587-608 Critical mass effect and restructuring in the transition towards a market economy
by Luigi Sacco, Pier & Scarpa, Carlo
- 609-618 Donations to a public good in a large economy
by Vicary, Simon
2000, Volume 44, Issue 2
- 205-230 (In)accuracy of a European political stock market: The influence of common value structures
by Jacobsen, Ben & Potters, Jan & Schram, Arthur & van Winden, Frans & Wit, Jorgen
- 231-253 Rational speculators and exchange rate volatility1
by Carlson, John A. & Osler, C. L.
- 255-280 Growth and imperfect competition on factor markets: Increasing returns and distribution
by Duranton, Gilles
- 281-304 Credit and equity rationing in markets with adverse selection
by Hellmann, Thomas & Stiglitz, Joseph
- 305-336 Endogenous, imperfectly competitive business cycles
by Jorgen Jacobsen, Hans
- 337-358 Using subjective income expectations to test for excess sensitivity of consumption to predicted income growth
by Jappelli, Tullio & Pistaferri, Luigi
- 359-381 Long-term growth and short-term economic instability
by Martin, Philippe & Ann Rogers, Carol
- 383-391 Taxes and stimuli of investment under uncertainty
by Pennings, Enrico
- 393-421 The political economy of mass privatization and the risk of expropriation
by Schmidt, Klaus M.
2000, Volume 44, Issue 1
- 1-34 Imperfect competition, risk taking, and regulation in banking
by Matutes, Carmen & Vives, Xavier
- 35-60 Endogenous corruption in a neoclassical growth model
by Barreto, Raul A.
- 61-70 Nonstationary stochastic seasonality and the German M2 money demand function
by Bohl, Martin T.
- 71-90 Debt stabilization with a deadline
by Carre, Martine
- 91-115 The role of investment-specific technological change in the business cycle
by Greenwood, Jeremy & Hercowitz, Zvi & Krusell, Per
- 117-143 Foreign direct investment and factor demand elasticities
by Hatzius, Jan
- 145-162 Measuring substitution bias in international comparisons based on additive purchasing power parity methods
by Hill, Robert J.
- 163-180 Intrafirm information management and wage dynamics
by Huizinga, Harry
- 181-200 Two-stage bargaining with coverage extension in a dual labour market
by Roberts, Mark A. & Staehr, Karsten & Tranaes, Torben
1999, Volume 43, Issue 9
- 1621-1645 Sources of convergence in the late nineteenth century
by Taylor, Alan M.
- 1647-1663 On the choice of pricing policies: Ex ante commitment and prisoners' dilemma
by Adachi, Mitsutoshi M.
- 1665-1678 Pecuniary emulation, inequality and growth
by Corneo, Giacomo & Jeanne, Olivier
- 1679-1703 Demand and supply shocks in Italy:: An application to industrial output
by Gavosto, Andrea & Pellegrini, Guido
- 1705-1721 Uncertain preassigned non-contestable and contestable rents
by Kahana, Nava & Nitzan, Shmuel
- 1723-1746 Alleviating unemployment:: The case for green tax reforms
by Koskela, Erkki & Schob, Ronnie
- 1747-1773 Firm size, rivalry and the extent of the market in endogenous technological change
by Peretto, Pietro F.
- 1775-1796 Semicollusion in the Norwegian cement market
by Steen, Frode & Sorgard, Lars
- 1797-1818 Economic growth with standardized contracts
by Sussman, Oren
1999, Volume 43, Issue 8
- 1435-1456 How does financial pressure affect firms?
by Nickell, Stephen & Nicolitsas, Daphne
- 1457-1474 Pollution tax design and 'Green' national accounting
by Aronsson, Thomas & Lofgren, Karl-Gustaf
- 1475-1499 A mixed industrial structure magnifies the importance of menu costs
by David Dixon, Huw & Thustrup Hansen, Claus
- 1501-1530 Technology, resource endowments and international competitiveness
by Gustavsson, Patrik & Hansson, Par & Lundberg, Lars
- 1531-1567 Noisy signals in target zone regimes:: Theory and Monte Carlo experiments
by Holden, Steinar & Kolsrud, Dag
- 1569-1593 Checks and balances, and the supply of central bank independence
by Moser, Peter
- 1595-1619 Optimum electoral areas: Should Europe adopt a single election day?
by Sapir, Andre & Sekkat, Khalid
1999, Volume 43, Issue 7
- 1211-1236 Paper tigers?: A model of the Asian crisis
by Corsetti, Giancarlo & Pesenti, Paolo & Roubini, Nouriel
- 1237-1256 Risk and potential insurance in Europe
by Forni, Mario & Reichlin, Lucrezia
- 1257-1277 Who targets inflation explicitly?
by Gerlach, Stefan
- 1279-1316 Exchange rates do matter: French job reallocation and exchange rate turbulence, 1984-1992
by Gourinchas, Pierre-Olivier
- 1317-1344 The case for a populist Central Banker
by Guzzo, Vincenzo & Velasco, Andres
- 1345-1370 Fickle investors: An impediment to growth?
by Scott, Andrew & Uhlig, Harald
- 1371-1394 Currency hedging and goods trade
by Wei, Shang-Jin
- 1395-1434 Central bank independence, centralization of wage bargaining, inflation and unemployment:: Theory and some evidence
by Cukierman, Alex & Lippi, Francesco
1999, Volume 43, Issue 4-6
- 649-669 Political economy, information and incentives1
by Laffont, Jean-Jacques
- 671-697 Theoretical comparisons of electoral systems
by Myerson, Roger B.
- 699-735 The size and scope of government:: Comparative politics with rational politicians
by Persson, Torsten & Tabellini, Guido
- 737-754 Inflation and asset returns
by Barnes, Michelle & Boyd, John H. & Smith, Bruce D.
- 755-766 Boom in, bust out: Young households and the housing price cycle
by Ortalo-Magne, Francois & Rady, Sven
- 767-778 Informational origins of political bias towards critical groups of voters
by Myerson, Roger
- 779-789 Party governance and ideological bias
by Caillaud, B. & Tirole, J.
- 791-800 The information-aggregation approach to political institutions
by Piketty, Thomas
- 801-812 Output gaps and monetary policy in the EMU area1
by Gerlach, Stefan & Smets, Frank
- 813-823 Solution and estimation of RE macromodels with optimal policy
by Soderlind, Paul
- 825-837 Information from financial markets and VAR measures of monetary policy
by Bagliano, Fabio C. & Favero, Carlo A.
- 839-851 Can fiscal redistribution undo skill-biased technical change?: Evidence from the French experience
by Piketty, Thomas
- 853-865 Effects of growing wage disparities and changing family composition on the U.S. income distribution
by Burtless, Gary
- 867-878 How unification and immigration affected the German income distribution
by Grabka, Markus M. & Schwarze, Johannes & Wagner, Gert G.
- 879-887 The marginal and average returns to schooling in the UK
by Harmon, Colm & Walker, Ian
- 889-901 Lower and upper bounds of returns to schooling: An exercise in IV estimation with different instruments
by Ichino, Andrea & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf
- 903-914 Financial institutions and the financial crisis in East Asia
by Huang, Haizhou & Xu, Chenggang
- 915-923 Technology transfer and spillovers: Does local participation with multinationals matter?1
by Blomstrom, Magnus & Sjoholm, Fredrik
- 925-934 Domestic institutions, agglomerations and foreign direct investment in Europe
by Barrell, Ray & Pain, Nigel
- 935-945 Fragmentation and multinational production
by Venables, Anthony J.
- 947-957 Mechanism design with a liquidity constrained buyer: The 2 x 2 case1
by Che, Yeon-Koo & Gale, Ian
- 959-979 Multi-dimensional screening:: A user's guide
by Armstrong, Mark & Rochet, Jean-Charles
- 981-990 Solvency regulations and the management of banking risks
by Rochet, Jean-Charles
- 991-1006 Liquidity creation through banks and markets: Multiple insurance and limited market access
by von Thadden, Ernst-Ludwig
- 1007-1019 Restricting the means of exchange within organizations
by Prendergast, Canice & Stole, Lars
- 1021-1037 On the strength of corporate cultures
by Carrillo, Juan D. & Gromb, Denis
- 1039-1048 The endogenous transaction costs of delegated auditing
by Faure-Grimaud, Antoine & Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Martimort, David
- 1049-1056 Blockholdings in Europe:: An international comparison1
by Becht, Marco & Roell, Ailsa
- 1057-1069 Italian corporate governance:: Effects on financial structure and firm performance
by Bianco, Magda & Casavola, Paola
- 1071-1083 European corporate governance: Trading off liquidity against control
by Becht, Marco
- 1085-1094 Why is China different from Eastern Europe? Perspectives from organization theory
by Qian, Yingyi & Roland, Gerard & Xu, Chenggang
- 1095-1103 Efficiency losses from tax distortions vs. government control
by Gordon, Roger H. & Bai, Chong-En & Li, David D.
- 1105-1114 The dynamics of reform and development in China: A political economy perspective
by Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Qian, Yingyi
- 1115-1124 Enterprise performance and management turnover in the Czech Republic
by Claessens, Stijn & Djankov, Simeon
- 1125-1136 Enterprise performance and ownership: The case of Ukraine
by Estrin, Saul & Rosevear, Adam
- 1137-1147 Insider power and wage setting in transition: Evidence from a panel of large Polish firms, 1988-1994
by Grosfeld, Irena & Nivet, Jean-Francois
- 1150-1168 European economics: An analysis based on publications in the core journals
by Kalaitzidakis, Pantelis & Mamuneas, Theofanis P. & Stengos, Thanasis
1999, Volume 43, Issue 3
- 475-507 Consumption and the timing of income risk
by Blundell, Richard & M. Stoker, Thomas
- 509-523 Inflation rules with consistent escape clauses
by Alexius, Annika
- 525-548 Information and time-of-usage decisions in the bottleneck model with stochastic capacity and demand
by Arnott, Richard & de Palma, Andre & Lindsey, Robin
- 549-558 Oligopoly profit-sharing contracts and the firm's systematic risk1
by Bughin, J.
- 559-574 Collateral, heterogeneity in risk attitude and the credit market equilibrium
by Coco, Giuseppe
- 575-594 On the taxation of polluting products in a differentiated industry
by Cremer, Helmuth & Thisse, Jacques-Francois
- 595-619 Communications and economic growth
by Dudley, Leonard
- 621-648 Exchange rates and oligopoly
by Hens, Thorsten & Jager, Eckart & Kirman, Alan & Phlips, Louis
1999, Volume 43, Issue 2
- 209-251 On the evolution of hierarchical urban systems1
by Fujita, Masahisa & Krugman, Paul & Mori, Tomoya
- 253-280 Agglomeration and endogenous capital
by Baldwin, Richard E.
- 281-302 Growing locations: Industry location in a model of endogenous growth
by Martin, Philippe & I.P. Ottaviano, Gianmarco
- 303-334 The rise and fall of regional inequalities
by Puga, Diego
- 335-356 Foreign direct investment as a catalyst for industrial development
by Markusen, James R. & Venables, Anthony J.
- 357-377 Economic geography and comparative advantage:: Agglomeration versus specialization
by Antonio Ricci, Luca
- 379-407 Economic geography and regional production structure: An empirical investigation
by Davis, Donald R. & Weinstein, David E.
- 409-429 Innovation in cities:: Science-based diversity, specialization and localized competition
by Feldman, Maryann P. & Audretsch, David B.
- 431-456 Spatial evolution of the computer industry in the USA
by Beardsell, Mark & Henderson, Vernon
- 457-474 Trade unions and regional development
by Faini, Riccardo
1999, Volume 43, Issue 1
- 1-28 European anti-dumping policy and the profitability of national and international collusion
by Veugelers, Reinhilde & Vandenbussche, Hylke
- 29-45 Trade restraints and Japanese direct investment flows
by Barrell, Ray & Pain, Nigel
- 47-64 Third World regional integration
by Bjorvatn, Kjetil
- 65-89 Enforcement of employment security regulations, on-the-job search and unemployment duration
by Boeri, Tito
- 91-107 Why is central Paris rich and downtown Detroit poor?: An amenity-based theory
by Brueckner, Jan K. & Thisse, Jacques-Francois & Zenou, Yves
- 109-134 Regulation and access pricing with asymmetric information
by De Fraja, Gianni
- 135-161 On relative performance contracts and fund manager's incentives
by Eichberger, Jurgen & Grant, Simon & King, Stephen P.
- 163-183 The effects of wage distortions on the transition:: Theory and evidence from China
by Gordon, Roger H. & Li, David D.
- 185-208 R&D cooperation or competition?
by Petit, Maria Luisa & Tolwinski, Boleslaw
1998, Volume 42, Issue 9
- 1613-1633 Technology, unemployment, and relative wages in a global economy
by Davis, Donald R.
- 1635-1651 Political instability, capital taxation, and growth
by Devereux, Michael B. & Wen, Jean-Francois
- 1653-1665 Obsolescence, input augmentation, and growth accounting
by Gort, Michael & Wall, Richard A.
- 1683-1702 Sequential horizontal mergers
by Nilssen, Tore & Sorgard, Lars
- 1703-1725 Inertial credit and opportunistic arrears in transition
by Perotti, E. C.
- 1727-1750 Policy on international R&D cooperation: Subsidy or tax?
by Qiu, Larry D. & Tao, Zhigang
- 1751-1778 Ownership concentration, risk aversion and the effect of financial structure on investment decisions
by Zhang, Guochang
- 1779-1799 Intellectual property rights violations and spillovers in North-South trade
by Zigic, Kresimir
1998, Volume 42, Issue 8
- 1393-1416 Chance and justice: Social policies and the Harsanyi-Vickrey-Rawls problem
by Kolm, Serge-Christophe
- 1417-1441 Public and private sector wages of male workers in Germany
by Dustmann, Christian & van Soest, Arthur
- 1443-1467 Implementing results-oriented trade policies: The case of the US-Japanese auto parts dispute
by Krishna, Kala & Morgan, John
- 1469-1481 Are international R&D spillovers trade-related?: Analyzing spillovers among randomly matched trade partners
by Keller, Wolfgang
- 1483-1491 International R&D spillovers: A comment
by Lichtenberg, Frank R. & Pottelsberghe de la Potterie, Bruno v.
- 1493-1523 On the mean-reverting properties of target zone exchange rates: Some evidence from the ERM
by Anthony, Myrvin & MacDonald, Ronald
- 1525-1551 Optimal taxation and firm formation:: A model of asymmetric information
by Moresi, Serge
- 1553-1580 On capital income tax policies under uncertainty
by Bo Nielsen, Soren
- 1581-1594 On the welfare significance of national product under interest-rate uncertainty
by Weitzman, Martin L.
- 1595-1612 Why do rich countries prefer free trade over free migration? The role of the modern welfare state
by Wellisch, Dietmar & Walz, Uwe
1998, Volume 42, Issue 7
- 1177-1201 Privatization under political interference: Evidence from Eastern Germany
by Hau, Harald
- 1203-1219 Reputational concerns and managerial incentives in investment decisions
by Jeon, Seonghoon
- 1221-1249 Fixed vs. floating exchange rates: A dynamic general equilibrium analysis
by Chin, Daniel M. & Miller, Preston J.
- 1251-1267 International trade and economic integration when labour markets are generally unionised
by Naylor, Robin
- 1269-1293 Distribution and mobility of wealth of nations
by Paapaa, Richard & van Dijk, Herman K.
- 1295-1316 Lobbying by capital and labor over trade and labor market policies
by Rama, Martin & Tabellim, Guido
- 1317-1341 Investment, property rights and political instability: Theory and evidence
by Svensson, Jakob
- 1343-1362 Human capital, equipment investment, and industrialization
by Temple, Jonathan & Voth, Hans-Joachim
- 1363-1391 Transfers and the effect of monitoring in an overlapping-generations experiment
by van der Heijden, E. C. M. & Nelissen, J. H. M. & Potters, J. J. M. & Verbon, H. A. A.
1998, Volume 42, Issue 6
- 975-1007 A strategy for launching the Euro
by Obstfeld, Maurice