Citations for "When Gender Trumps Money: Bargaining and Time in Household Work"
by Michael Bittman & Paula England & Nancy Folbre & George Matheson
- Begoña Álvarez & Daniel Miles, 2004.
"Husbands’ Housework Time: Does Wives’ Paid Employment Make a Difference?,"
0402, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
- Begoña Álvarez & Daniel Miles, 2006. "Husbands’ housework time: does wives’ paid employment make a difference?," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 30(1), pages 5-31, January.
- Begoña álvarez & Daniel Miles, . "Husbands' Housework Time: Does Wives' Paid Employment Make a Difference?," Studies on the Spanish Economy 173, FEDEA.
- Boll, Christina & Leppin, Julian Sebastian & Reich, Nora, 2011. "Einfluss der Elternzeit von Vätern auf die familiale Arbeitsteilung im internationalen Vergleich," HWWI Policy Papers 59, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Almudena Sevilla-Sanz & Cristina Fernandez, 2006.
"Social Norms and Household Time Allocation,"
Economics Series Working Papers
291, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Pedro Quintín Quílez, 2008. "Vida conyugal y desigualdades de género en Cali (Colombia)," REVISTA SOCIEDAD Y ECONOMIA - CIDSE, UNIVERSIDAD DEL VALLE - CIDSE.
- Anne Winkler & Thomas Ireland, 2009. "Time Spent in Household Management: Evidence and Implications," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 293-304, September.
- Andaluz, Joaquín & Marcén, Miriam & Molina, José Alberto, 2009.
"Dynamics of intrahousehold bargaining,"
17742, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nottmeyer, Olga, 2011. "Couple's Relative Labor Supply in Intermarriage," IZA Discussion Papers 5567, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dosman, Donna & Adamowicz, Wiktor L., 2002.
"Combining Stated And Revealed Preference Data To Construct An Empirical Examination Of Intrahousehold Bargaining,"
Staff Paper Series
24084, University of Alberta, Department of Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology.
- Donna Dosman & Wiktor Adamowicz, 2006. "Combining Stated and Revealed Preference Data to Construct an Empirical Examination of Intrahousehold Bargaining," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 15-34, 03.
- Bonke, Jens & Deding, Mette & Lausten, Mette & Stratton, Leslie S., 2007.
"Intrahousehold Specialization in Housework in the United States and Denmark,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2777, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jens Bonke & Mette Deding & Mette Lausten & Leslie S. Stratton, 2008. "Intra-Household Specialization in Housework in the United States and Denmark," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 89(4), pages 1023-1043.
- Javier Polavieja, 2009.
"Domestic Supply, Job-Specialization and Sex-differences in Pay,"
Social Indicators Research,
Springer, vol. 93(3), pages 587-605, September.
- Marieka Klawitter, 2008. "The effects of sexual orientation and marital status on how couples hold their money," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 423-446, December.
- Kornelius Kraft & Stefanie Neimann, 2009.
"Effect of Labor Division between Wife and Husband on the Risk of Divorce: Evidence from German Data,"
SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research
223, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Kraft, Kornelius & Neimann, Stefanie, 2009. "Effect of Labor Division between Wife and Husband on the Risk of Divorce: Evidence from German Data," IZA Discussion Papers 4515, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Datta Gupta, Nabanita & Stratton, Leslie S., 2008.
"Institutions, Social Norms, and Bargaining Power: An Analysis of Individual Leisure Time in Couple Households,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3773, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Nabanita Datta Gupta & Leslie S Stratton, 2008. "Institutions, Social Norms, and Bargaining Power: An Analysis of Individual Leisure Time in Couple Households," Working Papers 0806, VCU School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Jaime Andrés Sarmiento Espinel, 2012. "Parental investment in their children’s education," Serie documentos de trabajo del Centro de Estudios Económicos 2012-09, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos.
- Wencke Gwozdz & Alfonso Sousa-Poza, 2010. "Explaining Gender Differences in Housework Time in Germany," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 183-200, June.
- Man Kan, 2008. "Measuring Housework Participation: The Gap between “Stylised” Questionnaire Estimates and Diary-based Estimates," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 86(3), pages 381-400, May.
- Wotschack, Philip & Wittek, Rafael, 2006. "Negotiating work and household demands: Effects of conflict management strategies in Dutch households on the labor supply of male and female employees," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Labor Market Policy and Employment SP I 2006-110, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Rachel Connelly & Jean Kimmel, 2009.
"Spousal influences on parents’ non-market time choices,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 7(4), pages 361-394, December.
- Connelly, Rachel & Kimmel, Jean, 2007. "Spousal Influences on Parents' Non-Market Time Choices," IZA Discussion Papers 2894, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Almudena Sevilla-Sanz, 2010. "Household division of labor and cross-country differences in household formation rates," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 225-249, January.
- McGinnity, Frances & Russell, Helen & Williams, James & Blackwell, Sylvia, 2005. "Time Use in Ireland 2005: Survey Report," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number BMI183.
- Leilanie Basilio, 2009. "Deciding Who Works Where – An Analysis of the Distribution of Work within Native and Immigrant Families in Australia," Ruhr Economic Papers 0125, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Catherine Sofer & Sayyid Salman Rizavi, 2009. "Women's relative position and the division of household work: A study of French couples," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00687280, HAL.
- Mieke Meurs & Lisa Giddings, 2012. "Use of Maternal Health Care in Tajikstan: A Bargaining Framework," Working Papers 2012-05, American University, Department of Economics.
- Halldén, Karin & Stenberg, Anders, 2013. "The Relationship between Hours of Domestic Services and Female Earnings: Panel Register Data Evidence from a Reform," Working Paper Series 4/2013, Swedish Institute for Social Research.
- Bowles, Hannah Riley & McGinn, Kathleen, 2008. "Gender in Job Negotiations: A Two-Level Game," Working Paper Series rwp08-027, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Ragni Hege Kitterød & Marit Rønsen & Ane Seierstad, 2011. "Working hours in dual-earner couples: Does one partner work less when the other works more?," Discussion Papers 670, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- Almudena Sevilla-Sanz, 2007. "Division of Household Labor and Cross-Country Differences in Household Formation Rates," Economics Series Working Papers 325, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Bowles, Hannah Riley & McGinn, Kathleen L., 2007. "Untapped Potential in the Study of Negotiation and Gender Inequality in Organizations," Working Paper Series rwp07-062, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Dick Ettema & Tanja Lippe, 2009. "Weekly rhythms in task and time allocation of households," Transportation, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 113-129, March.
- Stefan Liebig & Carsten Sauer & JÃ¼rgen Schupp, 2009. "The Justice of Earnings in Dual-Earner Households," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 216, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Rachel Connelly & Jean Kimmel, 2009. "Spousal Economic Factors in ATUS Parents’ Time Choices," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 93(1), pages 147-152, August.
- Nabanita Datta Gupta & Leslie Stratton, 2010. "Examining the impact of alternative power measures on individual time use in American and Danish couple households," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 325-343, September.
- Sara Rica & Juan Dolado & Cecilia Garcia Peñalosa, 2012. "GINI DP 24: On gender gaps and self-fulfilling expectations: An alternative approach based on paid-for-training," GINI Discussion Papers 24, AIAS, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies.
- Liat Raz-Yurovich, 2012. "Application of the transaction cost approach to households – the demographics of households’ ‘make or buy’ decisions," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2012-025, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.