Women's relative position and the division of household work: A study of French couples
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Rizavi, Sayyid Salman & Sofer, Catherine, 2009. "Women's Relative Position and the Division of Household Work A Study of French Couples," European Journal of Economic and Social Systems, Lavoisier, vol. 22(2), pages 13-26.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gary S. Becker, 1981. "A Treatise on the Family," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number beck81-1.
- Duncan Thomas, 1990.
"Intra-Household Resource Allocation: An Inferential Approach,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 25(4), pages 635-664.
- Thomas, D., 1989. "Intra-Household Resource Allocation: An Inferential Approach," Papers 586, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Andrew E. Clark & Hélène Couprie & Catherine Sofer, 2004.
"La modélisation collective de l'offre de travail. Mise en perspective et application aux données britanniques,"
Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 55(4), pages 767-789.
- Andrew E. Clark & Hélène Couprie & Catherine Sofer, 2004. "La modélisation collective de l'offre de travail : Mise en perspective et application aux données britanniques," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00367129, HAL.
- Manser, Marilyn & Brown, Murray, 1980. "Marriage and Household Decision-Making: A Bargaining Analysis," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 21(1), pages 31-44, February.
- Thomas Aronsson & Sven-Olov Daunfeldt & Magnus Wikström, 2001.
"Estimating intrahousehold allocation in a collective model with household production,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 14(4), pages 569-584.
- Aronsson, Thomas & Daunfeldt, Sven-Olov & Wikström, Magnus, 1999. "Estimating Intrahousehold Allocation in a Collective Model With Household Production," Umeå Economic Studies 495, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Michael Bittman & Paula England & Nancy Folbre & George Matheson, 2001. "When Gender Trumps Money: Bargaining and Time in Household Work," JCPR Working Papers 221, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Kooreman, Peter & Kapteyn, Arie, 1987.
"A Disaggregated Analysis of the Allocation of Time within the Household,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(2), pages 223-249, April.
- Kooreman, P. & Kapteyn, A.J., 1984. "A disaggregated analysis of the allocation of time within the household," Research Memorandum FEW 153, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Chiappori, Pierre-Andre, 1988. "Rational Household Labor Supply," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(1), pages 63-90, January.
- Benoît Rapoport & Catherine Sofer & Anne Solaz, 2011.
"Household production in a collective model: some new results,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 24(1), pages 23-45, January.
- Benoit Rapoport & Catherine Sofer & Anne Solaz, 2011. "Household Production in a Collective Model: Some New Results," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00687274, HAL.
- Hersch, Joni & Stratton, Leslie S, 1994. "Housework, Wages, and the Division of Housework Time for Employed Spouses," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 120-125, May.
- Chiappori, Pierre-Andre, 1992. "Collective Labor Supply and Welfare," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(3), pages 437-467, June.
- Dominique Anxo & Paul Carlin, 2004. "Intra-family time allocation to housework - French evidence," electronic International Journal of Time Use Research, Research Institute on Professions (Forschungsinstitut Freie Berufe (FFB)) and The International Association for Time Use Research (IATUR), vol. 1(1), pages 14-36, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nicolas Moreau & Elena Stancanelli, 2013. "Household Consumption at Retirement: A Regression Discontinuity Study on French," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 13072, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Nicolas Moreau & Elena Stancanelli, 2015.
"Household Consumption at Retirement : A Regression Discontinuity Study on French Data,"
Annals of Economics and Statistics,
GENES, issue 117-118, pages 253-276.
- Nicolas Moreau & Elena Stancanelli, 2013. "Household Consumption at Retirement: A Regression Discontinuity Study on French Data," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00881215, HAL.
- Nicolas Moreau & Elena Stancanelli, 2015. "Household Consumption at Retirement: a Regression Discontinuity Study on French Data," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" hal-01044871, HAL.
- Moreau, Nicolas & Stancanelli, Elena G. F., 2013. "Household Consumption at Retirement: A Regression Discontinuity Study on French Data," IZA Discussion Papers 7709, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00881215 is not listed on IDEAS
- Harashima, Taiji, 2014. "Division of Work and Fragmented Information: An Explanation for the Diminishing Marginal Product of Labor," MPRA Paper 56301, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
- D13 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Production and Intrahouse Allocation
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:cesptp:hal-00687280. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.