Do Medicare HMOs still reduce health services use after controlling for selection bias?
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jacob Glazer & Thomas G. McGuire, 2012. "Optimal Risk Adjustment," Chapters,in: The Elgar Companion to Health Economics, Second Edition, chapter 27 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Powers, Eric A., 2005. "Interpreting logit regressions with interaction terms: an application to the management turnover literature," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 504-522, June.
- Nicholas Lauren Hersch, 2013. "Better Quality of Care or Healthier Patients? Hospital Utilization by Medicare Advantage and Fee-for-Service Enrollees," Forum for Health Economics & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 16(1), pages 1-25, May.
- repec:aea:jecper:v:31:y:2017:i:4:p:3-22 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrés Ramirez Hassan & Johnatan Cardona Jimenez, 2011. "An ordered categorical response model with endogenous switching: Simulation Exercises and an Application to State Health," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO CIEF 010608, UNIVERSIDAD EAFIT.
- Ai, Chunrong & Norton, Edward C., 2003. "Interaction terms in logit and probit models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 123-129, July.
- Chernew, Michael & DeCicca, Philip & Town, Robert, 2008.
"Managed care and medical expenditures of Medicare beneficiaries,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1451-1461, December.
- Michael Chernew & Philip DeCicca & Robert Town, 2008. "Managed Care and Medical Expenditures of Medicare Beneficiaries," NBER Working Papers 13747, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sylvia Brandt & Peter Marie, 2011. "Racial Disparities in Hospital Length of Stay for Asthma: Implications for Economic Policies," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 152-169, March.
- Glazer, Jacob & McGuire, Thomas G., 2006. "Optimal quality reporting in markets for health plans," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 295-310, March.
- Ellis, Randall P. & McGuire, Thomas G., 2007.
"Predictability and predictiveness in health care spending,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 25-48, January.
- Randall P. Ellis & Thomas G. McGuire, 2006. "Predictability and Predictiveness in Health Care Spending," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2006-001, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Partha Deb & Pravin K. Trivedi, 2012. "Empirical Models of Health Care Use," Chapters,in: The Elgar Companion to Health Economics, Second Edition, chapter 14 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Barbara A. Mark & David W. Harless & Michael McCue, 2005. "The impact of HMO penetration on the relationship between nurse staffing and quality," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(7), pages 737-753.
- Lim, Jae-Young & Jo, Changik, 2009. "The Effect of Patient's Asymmetric Information Problem on Medical Care Utilization with Consideration of a Patient's Ex-ante Health Status," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 50(2), pages 37-58, December.
- Dan Shane; & Pravin Trivedi;, 2012. "What Drives Differences in Health Care Demand? The Role of Health Insurance and Selection Bias," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 12/09, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Baicker, Katherine & Chernew, Michael E. & Robbins, Jacob A., 2013. "The spillover effects of Medicare managed care: Medicare Advantage and hospital utilization," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1289-1300.
- Bernard Friedman & H. Jiang, 2010. "Do Medicare Advantage enrollees tend to be admitted to hospitals with better or worse outcomes compared with fee-for-service enrollees?," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 171-185, June.
- Mark Duggan & Jonathan Gruber & Boris Vabson, 2015. "The Efficiency Consequences of Health Care Privatization: Evidence from Medicare Advantage Exits," NBER Working Papers 21650, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Munkin, Murat K. & Trivedi, Pravin K., 2003. "Bayesian analysis of a self-selection model with multiple outcomes using simulation-based estimation: an application to the demand for healthcare," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 197-220, June.
- Balsa, Ana I. & Cao, Zhun & McGuire, Thomas G., 2007. "Does managed health care reduce health care disparities between minorities and Whites?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 101-121, January.
- Partha Deb & Pravin K. Trivedi, 2009. "Provider networks and primary-care signups: do they restrict the use of medical services?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(12), pages 1361-1380.
- Partha Deb & Pravin K. Trivedi, 2002. "Specification and Simulated Likelihood Estimation of a Non-normal Outcome Model with Selection: Application to Health Care Utilization," Economics Working Paper Archive at Hunter College 02/5, Hunter College Department of Economics, revised 2004.
- Yang, Zhou & Bishai, David & Harman, Jeffrey, 2008. "Convergence of body mass with aging: The longitudinal interrelationship of health, weight, and survival," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 469-481, December.
- Cao, Zhun & McGuire, Thomas G., 2003. "Service-level selection by HMOs in Medicare," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 915-931, November.
- Zhou Yang & Donna B. Gilleskie & Edward C. Norton, 2004. "Prescription Drugs, Medical Care, and Health Outcomes: A Model of Elderly Health Dynamics," NBER Working Papers 10964, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glazer, Jacob & McGuire, Thomas G. & Cao, Zhun & Zaslavsky, Alan, 2008. "Using global ratings of health plans to improve the quality of health care," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1182-1195, September.
- Zhou Yang & Donna B. Gilleskie & Edward C. Norton, 2009. "Health Insurance, Medical Care, and Health Outcomes: A Model of Elderly Health Dynamics," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 44(1).
- Silvia Balia & Andrew M. Jones, 2007. "Unravelling the influence of smoking initiation and cessation on premature mortality using a common latent factor model," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 07/06, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.