Bayesian analysis of the two-part model with endogeneity: application to health care expenditure
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Melenberg, Bertrand & van Soest, Arthur, 1996.
"Parametric and Semi-parametric Modelling of Vacation Expenditures,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(1), pages 59-76, Jan.-Feb..
- Melenberg, B. & Van Soest, A., 1991. "Parametric and Semi-parametric Modelling of Vocation Expenditures," Papers 9144, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Melenberg, B. & van Soest, A.H.O., 1996. "Parametric and semi-parametric modelling of vacation expenditures," Other publications TiSEM 14de3e83-71c1-4e9a-aa5e-3, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Melenberg, B. & van Soest, A.H.O., 1991. "Parametric and semi-parametric modelling of vacation expenditures," Other publications TiSEM 8bc4cf15-777e-4302-855d-9, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Melenberg, B. & van Soest, A.H.O., 1991. "Parametric and semi-parametric modelling of vacation expenditures," Discussion Paper 1991-44, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Mullahy, John, 1998. "Much ado about two: reconsidering retransformation and the two-part model in health econometrics," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 247-281, June.
- Keane, Michael P, 1992. "A Note on Identification in the Multinomial Probit Model," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 10(2), pages 193-200, April.
- Duan, Naihua, et al, 1983. "A Comparison of Alternative Models for the Demand for Medical Care," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 1(2), pages 115-126, April.
- John Geweke & Gautam Gowrisankaran & Robert J. Town, 2003.
"Bayesian Inference for Hospital Quality in a Selection Model,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(4), pages 1215-1238, July.
- John Geweke & Gautam Gowrisankaran & Robert J. Town, 2001. "Bayesian Inference for Hospital Quality in a Selection Model," NBER Working Papers 8497, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John F. Geweke & Gautam Gowrisankaran & Robert J. Town, 2002. "Bayesian inference for hospital quality in a selection model," Working Paper Series 2002-18, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Dana P. Goldman, 1995. "Managed Care as a Public Cost-Containment Mechanism," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 26(2), pages 277-295, Summer.
- Manning, Willard G. & Mullahy, John, 2001.
"Estimating log models: to transform or not to transform?,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 461-494, July.
- Willard G. Manning & John Mullahy, 1999. "Estimating Log Models: To Transform or Not to Transform?," NBER Technical Working Papers 0246, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chib, Siddhartha & Hamilton, Barton H., 2002. "Semiparametric Bayes analysis of longitudinal data treatment models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 110(1), pages 67-89, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Munkin M & Trivedi P. K, 2009. "Incentives and Selection Effects of Drug Coverage on Total Drug Expenditure: a Finite Mixture Approach," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 09/22, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Buntin, Melinda Beeuwkes & Zaslavsky, Alan M., 2004. "Too much ado about two-part models and transformation?: Comparing methods of modeling Medicare expenditures," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 525-542, May.
- Jose Escarce & Carole Roan Gresenz & Jeanette A. Rogowski, 2004. "Healthcare Markets, the Safety Net and Access to Care Among the Uninsured," NBER Working Papers 10799, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heres-Del-Valle, David & Niemeier, Deb, 2011. "CO2 emissions: Are land-use changes enough for California to reduce VMT? Specification of a two-part model with instrumental variables," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 150-161, January.
- Hao Yu, 2017. "China’s medical savings accounts: an analysis of the price elasticity of demand for health care," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 18(6), pages 773-785, July.
- Cantoni, Eva & Ronchetti, Elvezio, 2006. "A robust approach for skewed and heavy-tailed outcomes in the analysis of health care expenditures," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 198-213, March.
- Liu, Lei & Conaway, Mark R. & Knaus, William A. & Bergin, James D., 2008. "A random effects four-part model, with application to correlated medical costs," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(9), pages 4458-4473, May.
- Galina Besstremyannaya, 2014. "Heterogeneous effect of coinsurance rate on healthcare costs: generalized finite mixtures and matching estimators," Discussion Papers 14-014, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Andrew Briggs & Richard Nixon & Simon Dixon & Simon Thompson, 2005. "Parametric modelling of cost data: some simulation evidence," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(4), pages 421-428, April.
- Andreas Bayerstadler & Franz Benstetter & Christian Heumann & Fabian Winter, 2014. "A predictive modeling approach to increasing the economic effectiveness of disease management programs," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 284-301, September.
- Farrell, Susan & Manning, Willard G. & Finch, Michael D., 2003. "Alcohol dependence and the price of alcoholic beverages," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 117-147, January.
- Kathleen Carey & Theodore Stefos, 2011. "Measuring the cost of hospital adverse patient safety events," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(12), pages 1417-1430, December.
- Besstremyannaya, Galina, 2017. "Measuring income equity in the demand for healthcare with finite mixture models," Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 46, pages 5-29.
- Charlotte Geay & Grégoire de Lagasnerie & Makram Larguem, 2015. "Intégrer les dépenses de santé dans un modèle de microsimulation dynamique : le cas des dépenses de soins de ville," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 481(1), pages 211-234.
- Charlotte Geay & Grégoire de Lagasnerie & Makram Larguem, 2014. "Evolution of outpatient healthcare expenditure due to ageing in 2030, a dynamic micro-simulation model for France," Sciences Po publications 28, Sciences Po.
- Randall P. Ellis & Pooja G. Mookim, 2013. "K-Fold Cross-Validation is Superior to Split Sample Validation for Risk Adjustment Models," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series wp2013-026, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Albouy, Valerie & Davezies, Laurent & Debrand, Thierry, 2010. "Health expenditure models: A comparison using panel data," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 791-803, July.
- Yi Yao & Joan Schmit & Julie Shi, 2019. "Promoting sustainability for micro health insurance: a risk-adjusted subsidy approach for maternal healthcare service," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 44(3), pages 382-409, July.
- Borislava Mihaylova & Andrew Briggs & Anthony O'Hagan & Simon G. Thompson, 2011. "Review of statistical methods for analysing healthcare resources and costs," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(8), pages 897-916, August.
- Willard Manning, 2012.
"Dealing with Skewed Data on Costs and Expenditures,"
Chapters, in: Andrew M. Jones (ed.), The Elgar Companion to Health Economics, Second Edition, chapter 44,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Willard Manning, 2006. "Dealing with Skewed Data on Costs and Expenditures," Chapters, in: Andrew M. Jones (ed.), The Elgar Companion to Health Economics, chapter 41, Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jae:japmet:v:21:y:2006:i:7:p:1081-1099. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0883-7252/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.