Managed Care as a Public Cost-Containment Mechanism
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kathryn E. Spier, 1992. "The Dynamics of Pretrial Negotiation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 59(1), pages 93-108.
- Robert Gertner & Robert Gibbons & David Scharfstein, 1988.
"Simultaneous Signalling to the Capital and Product Markets,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 19(2), pages 173-190, Summer.
- Robert Gertner & Robert Gibbons & David Scharfstein, 1987. "Simultaneous Signaling to the Capital and Product Markets," Working papers 449, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Gertner, Robert H. & Gibbons, Robert. & Scharfstein, David., 1987. "Simultaneous signaling to the capital and product markets," Working papers 1917-87., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Steven Shavell, 1989. "Sharing of Information Prior to Settlement or Litigation," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 20(2), pages 183-195, Summer.
- repec:hoo:wpaper:e-89-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Farrell, Joseph & Gibbons, Robert, 1989. "Cheap Talk with Two Audiences," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(5), pages 1214-1223, December.
- Barry Nalebuff, 1987. "Credible Pretrial Negotiation," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 18(2), pages 198-210, Summer.
- William M. Landes, 1974. "An Economic Analysis of the Courts," NBER Chapters,in: Essays in the Economics of Crime and Punishment, pages 164-214 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- George L. Priest & Benjamin Klein, 1984. "The Selection of Disputes for Litigation," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 13(1), pages 1-56, January.
- Steven Shavell, 1981. "Suit and Settlement vs. Trial: A Theoretical Analysis under Alternative Methods for the Allocation of Legal Costs," NBER Working Papers 0662, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jennifer F. Reinganum & Louise L. Wilde, 1986. "Settlement, Litigation, and the Allocation of Litigation Costs," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(4), pages 557-566, Winter.
- Lucian Arye Bebchuk, 1984. "Litigation and Settlement under Imperfect Information," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(3), pages 404-415, Autumn.
- Daughety, Adnrew F & Reinganum, Jennifer F, 1993.
"Endogenous Sequencing in Models of Settlement and Litigation,"
Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization,
Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 314-348, October.
- Daughety, A. & Reinganum, J., 1991. "Endogenous Sequencing in Models of Settlement and Litigation," Working Papers 91-23, University of Iowa, Department of Economics.
- Polinsky, A. Mitchell & Rubinfeld, Daniel L., 1988. "The deterrent effects of settlements and trials," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 109-116, June.
- I.P.L. P'ng, 1983. "Strategic Behavior in Suit, Settlement, and Trial," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(2), pages 539-550, Autumn.
- Daniel L. Rubinfeld & David E.M. Sappington, 1987. "Efficient Awards and Standards of Proof in Judicial Proceedings," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 18(2), pages 308-315, Summer.
- Salant, Stephen W., 1984. "Litigation of Settlement Demands Questioned by Bayesian Defendants," Working Papers 516, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Gerald D. Gay & Martin F. Grace & Jayant R. Kale & Thomas H. Noe, 1989. "Noisy Juries and the Choice of Trial Mode in a Sequential Signalling Game: Theory and Evidence," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 20(2), pages 196-213, Summer.
- Urs Schweizer, 1989. "Litigation and Settlement under Two-Sided Incomplete Information," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 56(2), pages 163-177.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kim, Kyoo il, 2006. "Sample selection models with a common dummy endogenous regressor in simultaneous equations: A simple two-step estimation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 280-286, May.
- Sebastian Gechert, 2010.
"Supplementary Private Health Insurance in Selected Countries: Lessons for EU Governments?,"
CESifo Economic Studies,
CESifo, vol. 56(3), pages 444-464, September.
- Sebastian Gechert, 2009. "Supplementary Private Health Insurance in Selected Countries: Lessons for EU Governments?," CESifo Working Paper Series 2739, CESifo Group Munich.
- Holmes, George M., 2005. "Increasing physician supply in medically underserved areas," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 697-725, October.
- Bhattacharya, Jayanta & Goldman, Dana & Sood, Neeraj, 2003.
"The link between public and private insurance and HIV-related mortality,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 1105-1122, November.
- Jay Bhattacharya & Dana Goldman & Neeraj Sood, 2002. "The Link Between Public and Private Insurance and HIV-Related Mortality," NBER Working Papers 9346, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas J. Miceli & Dennis Heffley, 2002. "Do Hmos Encourage Prevention? An Analysis Of Alternative Health Care Plans," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 20(4), pages 429-439, October.
- Munkin, Murat K. & Trivedi, Pravin K., 2003. "Bayesian analysis of a self-selection model with multiple outcomes using simulation-based estimation: an application to the demand for healthcare," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 197-220, June.
- Michelle M. Mello & Sally C. Stearns & Edward C. Norton, 2002. "Do Medicare HMOs still reduce health services use after controlling for selection bias?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(4), pages 323-340.
- Partha Deb & Pravin K. Trivedi, 2009. "Provider networks and primary-care signups: do they restrict the use of medical services?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(12), pages 1361-1380.
- Carol Rapaport & Christopher A. Trenholm, 2000. "What do we really know about trends in outpatient medical expenditures for children, 1977-1987?," Staff Reports 97, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Donna B. Gilleskie & Koleman S. Strumpf, 2005. "The Behavioral Dynamics of Youth Smoking," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 40(4), pages 822-866.
- Murat K. Munkin & Partha Deb & Pravin K. Trivedi, 2006. "Bayesian analysis of the two-part model with endogeneity: application to health care expenditure," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(7), pages 1081-1099.
- Chad D. Meyerhoefer & Yuriy Pylypchuk, 2008. "Does Participation in the Food Stamp Program Increase the Prevalence of Obesity and Health Care Spending?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(2), pages 287-305.
- Yang, Zhou & Bishai, David & Harman, Jeffrey, 2008. "Convergence of body mass with aging: The longitudinal interrelationship of health, weight, and survival," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 469-481, December.
- Walter M. Cadette, 1999. "Rethinking Health Care Policy: The Case for Retargeting Tax Subsidies," Macroeconomics 9902011, EconWPA.
- Silvia Balia & Andrew M. Jones, 2007. "Unravelling the influence of smoking initiation and cessation on premature mortality using a common latent factor model," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 07/06, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rje:randje:v:26:y:1995:i:summer:p:277-295. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.rje.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.