Explaining efficiency differences among large German and Austrian banks
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sufian , Fadzlan & Kamarudin, Fakarudin, 2012. "Bank-Specific and Macroeconomic Determinants of Profitability of Bangladesh's Commercial Banks," Bangladesh Development Studies, Bangladesh Institute of Development Studies (BIDS), vol. 35(4), pages 1-29, December.
- Christian von Hirschhausen & Astrid Cullmann & Andreas Kappeler, 2006.
"Efficiency analysis of German electricity distribution utilities - non-parametric and parametric tests,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(21), pages 2553-2566.
- von Hirschhausen, Christian R. & Cullmann, Astrid, 2005. "Efficiency Analysis of German Electricity Distribution Utilities : Non-Parametric and Parametric Tests," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 06/05, Technische Universität Dresden, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Cristian Barra & Sergio Destefanis & Giuseppe Lubrano Lavadera, 2013. "Regulation and the Crisis: The Efficiency of Italian Cooperative Banks," CSEF Working Papers 338, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Matthews, Kent & Guo, Jianguang & Zhang, Nina, 2007. "Rational Inefficiency and non-performing loans in Chinese Banking: A non-parametric Bootstrapping Approach," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2007/5, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Michael Koetter, 2006. "Measurement Matters—Alternative Input Price Proxies for Bank Efficiency Analyses," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 30(2), pages 199-227, October.
- Fadzlan Sufian & Muzafar Shah Habibullah, 2010. "Developments in the efficiency of the Thailand banking sector: a DEA approach," International Journal of Development Issues, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 9(3), pages 226-245, September.
- Fadzlan SUFIAN & Muzafar Shah HABIBULLAH, 2009.
"Bank specific and macroeconomic determinants of bank profitability: Empirical evidence from the China banking sector,"
Frontiers of Economics in China,
Higher Education Press, vol. 4(2), pages 274-291, June.
- Fadzlan Sufian & Muzafar Habibullah, 2009. "Bank specific and macroeconomic determinants of bank profitability: Empirical evidence from the China banking sector," Frontiers of Economics in China, Springer;Higher Education Press, vol. 4(2), pages 274-291, June.
- David Hauner, 2007. "Benchmarking the Efficiency of Public Expenditure in the Russian Federation," IMF Working Papers 07/246, International Monetary Fund.
- Francesco Aiello & Graziella Bonanno, 2016.
"Looking at the determinants of efficiency in banking: evidence from Italian mutual-cooperatives,"
International Review of Applied Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(4), pages 507-526, July.
- Francesco, Aiello & Graziella, Bonanno, 2015. "Looking at the determinants of efficiency in banking: evidence from Italian mutual-cooperatives," MPRA Paper 62486, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Maria S. Basílio & Maria Clara P. Pires & José Filipe Pires Reis, 2016. "Portuguese banks’ performance: comparing efficiency with their Spanish counterparts," Eurasian Economic Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 6(1), pages 27-44, April.
- Pasiouras, Fotios, 2008. "Estimating the technical and scale efficiency of Greek commercial banks: The impact of credit risk, off-balance sheet activities, and international operations," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 301-318, September.
- Sambracos, Evangelos & Maniati, Marina, 2015. "Technical Efficiency of Shipping Banks: A DEA Approach," MPRA Paper 63131, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lin Lin & Hsien-Chang Kuo & I-Liang Lin, 2008. "Merger and optimal number of firms: an integrated simulation approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(18), pages 2413-2421.
- Bos, Jaap W. B. & Heid, Frank & Koetter, Michael & Kolari, James W. & Kool, Clemens J. M., 2005. "Inefficient or just different? Effects of heterogeneity on bank efficiency scores," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2005,15, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Fadzlan Sufian, 2010. "Financial depression and the profitability of the banking sector of the Republic of Korea: panel evidence on bank-specific and macroeconomic determinants," Asia-Pacific Development Journal, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), vol. 17(2), pages 65-92, December.
- Ha Vu & Daehoon Nahm, 2013. "The determinants of profit efficiency of banks in Vietnam," Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(4), pages 615-631.
- Mihai Nitoi & Cristi Spulbar, 2016. "The Relationship between Bank Efficiency and Risk and Productivity Patterns in the Romanian Banking System," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(1), pages 39-53, March.
- Ramona Busch & Christoph Memmel, 2016.
"Quantifying the components of the banks’ net interest margin,"
Financial Markets and Portfolio Management,
Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 30(4), pages 371-396, November.
- Busch, Ramona & Memmel, Christoph, 2014. "Quantifying the components of the banks' net interest margin," Discussion Papers 15/2014, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Azza El-Shinnawy, 2010. "Trends of Total Factor Productivity in Egypt’s Pharmaceutical Industry: Evidence from the Nonparametric Malmquist Index Approach," Working Papers 524, Economic Research Forum, revised 05 Jan 2010.
- International Monetary Fund, 2007. "Russian Federation; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 07/352, International Monetary Fund.
- Aiello, Francesco & Bonanno, Graziella, 2016. "Bank efficiency and local market conditions. Evidence from Italy," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 70-90.
- , abdul.mongid, 2018. "Technical and scale efficiency of Indonesian rural banks," INA-Rxiv w9j54, Center for Open Science.
- Matthews, Kent & Guo, Jianguang & Zhang, Nina & Wang, Lina, 2007. "Bank Efficiency in China, Rent Seeking versus X-inefficiency: A non-parametric Bootstrapping Approach," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2007/4, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section, revised Mar 2007.
- Meryem Duygun Fethi & Mohamed Shaban & Thomas Weyman-Jones, 2009. "Liberalisation, privatisation and the productivity of Egyptian banks: a non-parametric approach," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(7), pages 1143-1163, September.
- Robin, Iftekhar & Salim, Ruhul & Bloch, Harry, 2018. "Financial performance of commercial banks in the post-reform era: Further evidence from Bangladesh," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 43-54.
- George Emmanuel Iatridis & Anthony Dionysus Persakis, 2012. "Bank profitability determinants under IFRSs," International Journal of Economics and Accounting, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 3(1), pages 77-99.
- Cristi SPULBAR & Mihai NITOI & Lucian ANGHEL, 2015. "Efficiency In Cooperative Banks And Savings Banks : A Stochastic Frontier Approach," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(1), pages 5-21, March.
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Stephanie Leach, 2006. "Performance evaluation of the English Premier Football League with data envelopment analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(12), pages 1449-1458.
- Fotios Pasiouras & Aggeliki Liadaki & Constantin Zopounidis, 2008. "Bank efficiency and share performance: evidence from Greece," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(14), pages 1121-1130.
- Chih-Ching Yang, 2010. "Service, investment, and risk management performance in commercial banks," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(12), pages 2005-2025, December.
- Sufian, Fadzlan & Habibullah, Muzafar Shah, 2010. "Does economic freedom fosters banks’ performance? Panel evidence from Malaysia," Journal of Contemporary Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 77-91.
- Dana PANCUROVA & Stefan LYOCSA, 2013. "Determinants of Commercial Banks’ Efficiency: Evidence from 11 CEE Countries," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 63(2), pages 152-179, May.
- Rosman, Romzie & Wahab, Norazlina Abd & Zainol, Zairy, 2014. "Efficiency of Islamic banks during the financial crisis: An analysis of Middle Eastern and Asian countries," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 76-90.
- Chuling Chen, 2009. "Bank Efficiency in Sub-Saharan African Middle Income Countries," IMF Working Papers 09/14, International Monetary Fund.
- David Hauner & Shanaka J Peiris, 2005. "Bank Efficiency and Competition in Low-Income Countries; The Case of Uganda," IMF Working Papers 05/240, International Monetary Fund.
- Matthews, Kent & Guo, Jianguang & Zhang, Xu, 2008. "X-efficiency versus Rent Seeking in Chinese banks: 1997-2006," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2008/26, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Sufian, Fadzlan, 2009. "Determinants of bank efficiency during unstable macroeconomic environment: Empirical evidence from Malaysia," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 54-77, January.
- Akhigbe, Aigbe & McNulty, James E. & Stevenson, Bradley A., 2017. "Does the form of ownership affect firm performance? Evidence from US bank profit efficiency before and during the financial crisis," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 120-129.
- Hauner, David, 2008. "Explaining Differences in Public Sector Efficiency: Evidence from Russia's Regions," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 1745-1765, October.
- Mohamed M. Mostafa, 2011. "Modeling Islamic banks' efficiency: a non-parametric frontier approach," International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 4(1), pages 7-29, April.
- Fadzlan Sufian, 2010. "The impact of the Asian financial crisis on bank efficiency: The 1997 experience of Malaysia and Thailand," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(7), pages 866-889.
- Johann Burgstaller & Teodoro Cocca, 2011. "Efficiency in private banking: evidence from Switzerland and Liechtenstein," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 25(1), pages 75-93, March.
- Aysan, Ahmet Faruk & Ertek, Gurdal & Ozturk, Secil, 2009. "Assessing the adverse effects of interbank funds on bank efficiency through using semiparametric and nonparametric methods," MPRA Paper 38113, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Prodromos D. Chatzoglou & Anastasios D. Diamantidis & Eftichia Vraimaki & Elena Polychrou & Kyriakos Chatzitheodorou, 2010. "Banking productivity: an overview of the Greek banking system," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(12), pages 1007-1027, October.
- Hou, Xiaohui & Wang, Qing & Zhang, Qi, 2014. "Market structure, risk taking, and the efficiency of Chinese commercial banks," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 75-88.
- Abhilash Nair & Vinod R, 2015. "Determinants of allocative, scale and scope efficiencies of Indian banks," Working papers 177, Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode.
- Michael Adusei, 2016. "Determinants of bank technical efficiency: Evidence from rural and community banks in Ghana," Cogent Business & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 1199519-119, December.
- Geys, Benny & Moesen, Wim, 2008. "Measuring local government technical (in)efficiency: An application and comparison of FDH, DEA and econometric approaches," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Processes and Governance SP II 2008-21, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Fethi, Meryem Duygun & Pasiouras, Fotios, 2010. "Assessing bank efficiency and performance with operational research and artificial intelligence techniques: A survey," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 204(2), pages 189-198, July.