Citations for "Saving and development"
by Gersovitz, Mark
- Schmidt-Hebbel, Klaus & Serven, Luis, 2000.
"Does income inequality raise aggregate saving?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 417-446, April.
- Rogg, Christian, 2006. "Asset Portfolios in Africa: Evidence from Rural Ethiopia," Working Paper Series RP2006/145, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Aniceto C. Orbeta Jr., 2006.
"Children and Household Savings in the Philippines,"
Development Economics Working Papers
22672, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Olumuyiwa Adedeji, 2001. "Consumption-Based Interest Rate and the Present-Value Model of the Current Account: Evidence From Nigeria," IMF Working Papers 01/93, International Monetary Fund.
- Sandra Freire, 2004. "Funeral Costs, Saving Behaviour and HIV/AIDS," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques bla04092, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Sattinger, Michael, 2013. "Safety first consumption," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 148(1), pages 306-321.
- Philip Arestis & Machiko Nissanke & Howard Stein, 2005. "Finance and Development: Institutional and Policy Alternatives to Financial Liberalization Theory," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 31(2), pages 245-263, Spring.
- Diagne, Aliou, 1999. "Determinants of household access to and participation in formal and informal credit markets in Malawi," FCND discussion papers 67, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Benoit Dostie & Désiré Vencatachellum, 2004. "Compulsory and Voluntary Remittances: Evidence from Child Domestic Workers in Tunisia," Cahiers de recherche 04-04, HEC Montréal, Institut d'économie appliquée.
- Stefan Dercon, 1996.
"Wealth, risk and activity choices: cattle in Western Tanzania,"
Economics Series Working Papers
WPS/1996-08, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Dercon, Stefan, 1998. "Wealth, risk and activity choice: cattle in Western Tanzania," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 1-42, February.
- Stefan Dercon, 1996. "Wealth, risk and activity choices: cattle in Western Tanzania," CSAE Working Paper Series 1996-08, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Dominique Hachette, 1998. "Ahorro Privado en Chile," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 35(104), pages 3-48.
- Jalan, Jyotsna & Ravallion, Martin, 1998.
"Behavioral responses to risk in rural China,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1978, The World Bank.
- Athukorala, Prema-chandra & Sen, Kunal, 2001.
"The Determinants of Private Saving in India,"
Departmental Working Papers
2001-12, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Alderman, H. & Paxson, C.H., 1992.
"Do the Poor Insure? A Synthesis of the Literature on Risk and Consumption in Developing Countries,"
164, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Alderman, Harold & Paxson, Christina H & DEC, 1992. "Do the poor insure? A synthesis of the literature on risk and consumption in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1008, The World Bank.
- Chen, Chien-Liang & Kuan, Chung-Ming & Lin, Chu-Chia, 2007. "Saving and housing of Taiwanese households: New evidence from quantile regression analyses," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 102-126, June.
- Steger, Thomas M., 2000. "Economic growth with subsistence consumption," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 343-361, August.
- Cardenas, Mauricio & Escobar, Andres, 1998.
"Saving determinants in Colombia: 1925-1994,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 5-44, October.
- Sergi Jiménez-Martín & Cristina Vilaplana Prieto, 2013. "Informal Care and intergenerational transfers in European Countries," Working Papers 2013-25, FEDEA.
- Karlan, Dean & Morduch, Jonathan, 2010. "Access to Finance," Handbook of Development Economics, Elsevier.
- Renelt, David, 1991. "Economic growth : a review of the theoretical and empirical literature," Policy Research Working Paper Series 678, The World Bank.
- Holzmann, Robert & Jorgensen, Steen, 1999.
"Social protection as social risk management : conceptual underpinnings for the social protection sector strategy paper,"
Social Protection Discussion Papers
20119, The World Bank.
- Paul Mosley & Robert Holzmann & Steen Jorgensen, 1999. "Social protection as social risk management: conceptual underpinnings for the social protection sector strategy paper," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(7), pages 1005-1027.
- Adams, Richard H., 2002. "Precautionary saving from different sources of income - evidence from rural Pakistan," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2761, The World Bank.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1995. "Public sector deficits and macroeconomic stability in developing economies," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 307-373.
- Matthew Higgins, 1997. "Demography, national savings and international capital flows," Staff Reports 34, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Johansson, Sara, 1998. "Life cycles, oil cycles, or financial reforms? The growth in private savings rates in Indonesia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 111-124, January.
- Thomas M. Steger, 1997.
"Productive Consumption and Growth in Developing Countries,"
Development and Comp Systems
9710001, EconWPA, revised 02 Dec 1997.
- Steger, Thomas M, 2000. "Productive Consumption and Growth in Developing Countries," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(3), pages 365-75, October.
- Thomas Steger, 1997. "Productive Consumption and Growth in Developing Countries," Volkswirtschaftliche Diskussionsbeiträge 64-97, Universität Siegen, Fakultät Wirtschaftswissenschaften, Wirtschaftsinformatik und Wirtschaftsrecht.
- Ashfaque H. Khan & Zafar Mueen Nasir, 1998. "Stylised Facts of Household Savings: Findings from the HIES 1993-94," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 37(4), pages 749-763.
- Denizer, Cevdet & Wolf, Holger C. & Ying, Yvonne, 2000.
"Household savings in transition economies,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2299, The World Bank.
- Donald Cox & Zekeriya Eser & Emmanuel Jimenez, 1996.
"Motives for Private Transfers over the Life Cycle: An Analytical Framework and Evidence for Peru,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
327., Boston College Department of Economics.
- Cox, Donald & Eser, Zekeriya & Jimenez, Emmanuel, 1998. "Motives for private transfers over the life cycle: An analytical framework and evidence for Peru," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 57-80, February.
- Simon Fan, C., 2005. "Survival of the gene, intergenerational transfers and precautionary saving," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 451-479, April.
- Patrick Honohan, 1995. "The Impact of Financial and Fiscal Policies on Saving," Papers WP059, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Morduch, Jonathan, 2002. "Consumption Smoothing Across Space: Testing Theories of Risk-Sharing in the ICRISAT Study Region of South India," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Sebastian Edwards, 1995. "Why are Saving Rates so Different Across Countries?: An International Comparative Analysis," NBER Working Papers 5097, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steger, Thomas M., 2002. "Productive consumption, the intertemporal consumption trade-off and growth," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1053-1068, June.
- Chen, Shaohua & Ravallion, Martin, 2003. "Hidden impact ? Ex-post evaluation of an anti-poverty program," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3049, The World Bank.
- Prema-Chandra Athukorala & Pang-Long Tsai, 2003. "Determinants of Household Saving in Taiwan: Growth, Demography and Public Policy," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(5), pages 65-88.
- Stephen Morse & Nora McNamara, 2000. "Interpretation of rural savings behaviour: a cautionary tale," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(1), pages 29-43.
- Ngwenya, Mthunzi A. & Paas, Leonard J., 2012. "Lifecycle effects on consumer financial product portfolios in South Africa: An exploratory analysis of four ethnic groups," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 8-18.
- Nikolaj Malchow-Moeller & Bo Jellesmark Thorsen, . "A Dynamic Agricultural Household Model with Uncertain Income and Irreversible and Indivisible Investments under Credit Constraints," Economics Working Papers 2000-7, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.