Lifecycle effects on consumer financial product portfolios in South Africa: An exploratory analysis of four ethnic groups
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin Browning & Annamaria Lusardi, 1996.
"Household Saving: Micro Theories and Micro Facts,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 34(4), pages 1797-1855, December.
- Martin Browning & Annamaria Lusardi, 1995. "Household Saving: Micro Theories and Micro Facts," Department of Economics Working Papers 1995-02, McMaster University.
- Martin Browning & Annamaria Lusardi, 1996. "Household Saving: Micro Theories and Micro Facts," Discussion Papers 96-01, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Chakravarty, Sugato & Dubinsky, Alan, 2005. "Individual investors' reactions to decimalization: Innovation diffusion in financial markets," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 89-103, February.
- Roos, V. & Chiroro, P. & van Coppenhagen, C. & Smith, I. & van Heerden, E. & Abdoola, R.E. & Robertson, K. & Beukes, C., 2005. "Money adventures: Introducing economic concepts to preschool children in the South African context," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 243-254, April.
- Deaton, A., 1989. "Saving in Developing Contries: Theory and Review," Papers 144, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Davies, Simon & Easaw, Joshy & Ghoshray, Atanu, 2009. "Mental accounting and remittances: A study of rural Malawian households," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 321-334, June.
- Stafford, Edward Jr. & Kasulis, Jack J. & Lusch, Robert F., 1982. "Consumer behavior in accumulating household financial assets," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 397-417, December.
- Fernandez-Blanco, Victor & Orea, Luis & Prieto-Rodriguez, Juan, 2009. "Analyzing consumers heterogeneity and self-reported tastes: An approach consistent with the consumer's decision making process," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 622-633, August.
- Gersovitz, Mark, 1988. "Saving and development," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 10, pages 381-424 Elsevier.
- Milton Friedman, 1957. "Introduction to "A Theory of the Consumption Function"," NBER Chapters,in: A Theory of the Consumption Function, pages 1-6 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:eee:ijrema:v:27:y:2010:i:4:p:342-355 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paas, Leonard J. & Bijmolt, Tammo H.A. & Vermunt, Jeroen K., 2007. "Acquisition patterns of financial products: A longitudinal investigation," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 229-241, April.
- Oppewal, Harmen & Paas, Leonard J. & Crouch, Geoffrey I. & Huybers, Twan, 2010. "Segmenting consumers based on how they spend a tax rebate: An analysis of the Australian stimulus payment," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 510-519, August.
- Ando, Albert, et al, 1992. " Saving among Young Households. Evidence from Japan and Italy," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 94(2), pages 233-250.
- Gatignon, Hubert & Robertson, Thomas S, 1985. " A Propositional Inventory for New Diffusion Research," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(4), pages 849-867, March.
- Derrick, Frederick W & Lehfeld, Alane K, 1980. " The Family Life Cycle: An Alternative Approach," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(2), pages 214-217, Se.
- Wagner, Janet & Hanna, Sherman, 1983. " The Effectiveness of Family Life Cycle Variables in Consumer Expenditure Research," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(3), pages 281-291, December.
- Geoffrey Soutar & Steven Cornish-Ward, 1997. "Ownership patterns for durable goods and financial assets: a Rasch analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(7), pages 903-911.
- Milton Friedman, 1957. "A Theory of the Consumption Function," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie57-1, April.
- Victoria Hosegood & Nuala McGrath & Tom Moultrie, 2009. "Dispensing with marriage: Marital and partnership trends in rural KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa 2000-2006," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 20(13), pages 279-312, March.
- Jan Tin, 2000. "Life-cycle hypothesis, propensities to save, and demand for financial assets," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 24(2), pages 110-121, June.
- Paas, Leonard J., 1998. "Mokken scaling characteristic sets and acquisition patterns of durable- and financial products," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 353-376, June.
- Bijmolt, T.H.A. & Paas, L.J. & Vermunt, J.K., 2004. "Country and consumer segmentation : Multi-level latent class analysis of financial product ownership," Other publications TiSEM fb506162-d125-4091-9083-9, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- repec:eee:ijrema:v:28:y:2011:i:2:p:134-144 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert Michael & Victor Fuchs & Sharon Scott, 1980. "changes in the propensity to live alone: 1950–1976," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 17(1), pages 39-56, February.
- Paas, L.J. & Bijmolt, T.H.A. & Vermunt, J.K., 2007. "Acquisition patterns of financial products : A longitudinal investigation," Other publications TiSEM 6e60376b-b689-4e76-93b8-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Hélène Maisonnave & Bernard Decaluwé & Margaret Chitiga, 2009. "Does South African Affirmative Action Policy Reduce Poverty? a CGE Analysis," Cahiers de recherche 0936, CIRPEE.
- Claudio Quintano & Antonella D'Agostino, 2006. "Studying Inequality In Income Distribution Of Single-Person Households In Four Developed Countries," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 52(4), pages 525-546, December.
- Murphy, Patrick E & Staples, William A, 1979. " A Modernized Family Life Cycle," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(1), pages 12-22, June.
- Gunnarsson, Jonas & Wahlund, Richard, 1997. "Household financial strategies in Sweden: An exploratory study," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 18(2-3), pages 201-233, April.
- Musteen, Martina & Barker III, Vincent L. & Baeten, Virginia L., 2006. "CEO attributes associated with attitude toward change: The direct and moderating effects of CEO tenure," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(5), pages 604-612, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leonard Paas & Tammo Bijmolt & Jeroen Vermunt, 2015. "Long-term developments of respondent financial product portfolios in the EU: a multilevel latent class analysis," METRON, Springer;Sapienza Università di Roma, vol. 73(2), pages 249-262, August.
More about this item
KeywordsConsumer psychology; Saving behavior; International finance;
- C49 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Other
- F39 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Other
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:joepsy:v:33:y:2012:i:1:p:8-18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/joep .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.