An Economic History of South Africa
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Johan Fourie & Jan Luiten Zanden, 2013.
"GDP in the Dutch Cape Colony: The National Accounts of a Slave-Based Society,"
South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 81(4), pages 467-490, December.
- Johan Fourie & Jan Luiten van Zanden, 2012. "GDP in the Dutch Cape Colony: The national accounts of a slave-based society," Working Papers 0030, Utrecht University, Centre for Global Economic History.
- Johan Fourie & Jan Luiten van Zanden, 2012. "GDP in the Dutch Cape Colony: The national accounts of a slave-based society," Working Papers 04/2012, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Prados de la Escosura, Leandro, 2013.
"Human development in Africa: A long-run perspective,"
Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 179-204.
- Prados de la Escosura, Leandro, 2011. "Human development in Africa : a long-run perspective," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH wp11-09, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- Leandro Prados de la Escosura, 2012. "Human development in Africa: a long-run perspective," Working Papers 12006, Economic History Society.
- Prados de la Escosura, Leandro, 2011. "Human Development in Africa: A Long-run Perspective," CEPR Discussion Papers 8586, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Leandro Prados de la Escosura, 2011. "Human Development in Africa: A Long-Run Perspective," Working Papers 0008, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Johan Fourie & Dieter von Fintel, 2010.
"The dynamics of inequality in a newly settled, pre-industrial society: the case of the Cape Colony,"
Cliometrica, Journal of Historical Economics and Econometric History, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC), vol. 4(3), pages 229-267, October.
- Johan Fourie & Dieter von Fintel, 2009. "The dynamics of inequality in a newly settled, preindustrial society: The case of the Cape Colony," Working Papers 134, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Johan Fourie & Dieter von Fintel, 2009. "The dynamics of inequality in a newly settled, pre-industrial society: The case of the Cape Colony," Working Papers 17/2009, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Nicoli Nattrass & Jeremy Seekings, 2018. "Employment and labour productivity in high unemployment countries," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 36(S2), pages 769-785, September.
- Jan David Bakker & Christopher Parsons & Ferdinand Rauch, 2020.
"Migration and Urbanization in Post-Apartheid South Africa,"
World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 34(2), pages 509-532.
- Ferdinand Rauch & Christopher Parsons & Jan David Bakker, 2016. "Migration and urbanisation in Post-Apartheid South Africa," Economics Series Working Papers 800, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Bakker,Jan David & Parsons,Christopher Robert & Rauch,Ferdinand Gordian, 2019. "Migration and Urbanization in Post-Apartheid South Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 8764, The World Bank.
- Bakker, Jan David & Parsons, Christopher & Rauch, Ferdinand, 2016. "Migration and Urbanisation in Post-Apartheid South Africa," IZA Discussion Papers 10113, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Stanley L. Engerman & Kenneth L. Sokoloff, 2008. "Once Upon a Time in the Americas: Land and Immigration Policies in the New World," NBER Chapters, in: Understanding Long-Run Economic Growth: Geography, Institutions, and the Knowledge Economy, pages 13-48, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daron Acemoglu & James A. Robinson, 2015.
"The Rise and Decline of General Laws of Capitalism,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 29(1), pages 3-28, Winter.
- Daron Acemoglu & James A. Robinson, 2014. "The Rise and Decline of General Laws of Capitalism," NBER Working Papers 20766, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Prados de la Escosura, Leandro, 2010. "Improving Human Development: A Long-run View," CEPR Discussion Papers 7982, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Broadberry, Stephen & Gardner, Leigh, 2014. "African economic growth in a European mirror: a historical perspective," Economic History Working Papers 56493, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Daron Acemoglu, 2006. "Modeling Inefficient Institutions," NBER Working Papers 11940, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Facundo Alvaredo & Anthony B Atkinson, 2010. "Colonial Rule, Apartheid and Natural Resources: Top Incomes in South Africa 1903-2005," OxCarre Working Papers 046, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- McCloskey, Deirdre Nansen, 2009. "Slavery and Imperialism Did Not Enrich Europe," MPRA Paper 20696, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Potgieter, Petrus H., 2010. "Water and energy in South Africa – managing scarcity," MPRA Paper 23360, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Johan Fourie, 2011. "Slaves as capital investment in the Dutch Cape Colony, 1652-1795," Working Papers 21/2011, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Kusanthan Thankian, 2016. "Does Gender Matter in Migration: An Analysis of the Characteristics of Internal Migration in to Lusaka Province, Zambia," Journal of Social Economics, Research Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 3(1), pages 29-35.
- Kris Inwood & Oliver Masakure, 2013. "Poverty and Physical Well-being among the Coloured Population in South Africa," Economic History of Developing Regions, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(2), pages 56-82, December.
- Hermann Giliomee, 2009. "A Note On Bantu Education, 1953 To 1970," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 77(1), pages 190-198, March.
- Grietjie Verhoef, 2011. ""Global since Gold" The Globalisation of Conglomerates: Explaining the Experience from South Africa, 1990 - 2009," Working Papers 238, Economic Research Southern Africa.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:cbooks:9780521616416. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ruth Austin) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ruth Austin to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: https://www.cambridge.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.