Oligopoly Power in the Food Industries Revisited: A Stochastic Frontier Approach
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Lopez, Rigoberto A. & Zheng, Hualu & Azzam, Azzeddine, 2015. "Oligopoly Power in the Food Industries Revisited: A Stochastic Frontier Approach," Working Paper series 290114, University of Connecticut, Charles J. Zwick Center for Food and Resource Policy.
- Lopez, Rigoberto A. & Zheng, Hualu & Azzam, Azzeddine, 2015. "Oligopoly Power in the Food Industries Revisited: A Stochastic Frontier Approach," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205113, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sanjib Bhuyan & Rigoberto A. Lopez, 1997. "Oligopoly Power in the Food and Tobacco Industries," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(3), pages 1035-1043.
- Subal Kumbhakar & Sjur Baardsen & Gudbrand Lien, 2012. "A New Method for Estimating Market Power with an Application to Norwegian Sawmilling," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 40(2), pages 109-129, March.
- A. M. Azzam & E. Pagoulatos, 1990. "Testing Oligopolistic And Oligopsonistic Behaviour: An Application To The Us Meat‐Packing Industry," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(3), pages 362-370, September.
- Rigoberto Lopez & Azzeddine Azzam & Carmen Lirón-España, 2002. "Market Power and/or Efficiency: A Structural Approach," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 20(2), pages 115-126, March.
- Appelbaum, Elie, 1982. "The estimation of the degree of oligopoly power," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 287-299, August.
- Schroeter, John R, 1988.
"Estimating the Degree of Market Power in the Beef Packing Industry,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 70(1), pages 158-162, February.
- Schroeter, John R., 1988. "Estimating the Degree of Market Power in the Beef Packing Industry," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11114, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Greene, William, 2005. "Reconsidering heterogeneity in panel data estimators of the stochastic frontier model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 269-303, June.
- Metin Cakir & Joseph V. Balagtas, 2012. "Estimating Market Power of U.S. Dairy Cooperatives in the Fluid Milk Market," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 94(3), pages 647-658.
- Vardges Hovhannisyan & Brian W. Gould, 2012. "A Structural Model of the Analysis of Retail Market Power: The Case of Fluid Milk," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 94(1), pages 67-79.
- Subir Bairagi & Azzeddine Azzam, 2014. "Does the Grameen Bank exert market power over borrowers?," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(12), pages 866-869, August.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F., 1982. "The oligopoly solution concept is identified," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-2), pages 87-92.
- Ian Sheldon & Richard Sperling, 2003. "Estimating the Extent of Imperfect Competition in the Food Industry: What Have We Learned?," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(1), pages 89-109, March.
More about this item
Keywordsoligopoly power; market power; food industries; stochastic frontier;
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L66 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Food; Beverages; Cosmetics; Tobacco
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zwi:wpaper:39. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dauctus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.