The European Commission and EUA prices: a high-frequency analysis of the EC's decisions on second NAPs
This paper empirically examines price formation in the European Union Emissions Trading Scheme (EU ETS). Our analysis shows that unexpected allocations of European Union Allowances (EUAs) lead to pronounced price reactions of the expected signs. Moreover, we find evidence that the adjustment of EUA prices to the European Commission's decisions on second National Allocation Plans (NAPs) is not instantaneous, but takes up to six hours after the decision announcement.
|Date of creation:||2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: L 7,1; D - 68161 Mannheim|
Web page: http://www.zew.de/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rotfuß, Waldemar, 2009. "Intraday price formation and volatility in the European Union emissions trading scheme: an introductory analysis," ZEW Discussion Papers 09-018, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4210 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chevallier, Julien, 2009. "Carbon futures and macroeconomic risk factors: A view from the EU ETS," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 614-625, July.
- Almeida, Alvaro & Goodhart, Charles & Payne, Richard, 1998.
"The Effects of Macroeconomic News on High Frequency Exchange Rate Behavior,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 33(03), pages 383-408, September.
- Alvaro Almeida & Richard Payne & Charles Goodhart, 1997. "The Effects of Macroeconomic News on High Frequency Exchange Rate Behaviour," FMG Discussion Papers dp258, Financial Markets Group.