Delegating climate policy to a supranational authority: a theoretical assessment
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Pichler, Paul & Sorger, Gerhard, 2018. "Delegating climate policy to a supranational authority: a theoretical assessment," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 418-440.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth Rogoff, 1985. "The Optimal Degree of Commitment to an Intermediate Monetary Target," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(4), pages 1169-1189.
- Dieter Helm & Cameron Hepburn & Richard Mash, 2003. "Credible Carbon Policy," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(3), pages 438-450.
- Gersbach, Hans & Winkler, Ralph, 2011.
"International emission permit markets with refunding,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 55(6), pages 759-773, August.
- Gersbach, Hans & Winkler, Ralph, 2008. "International Emission Permit Markets with Refunding," CEPR Discussion Papers 7035, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hans Gersbach & Ralph Winkler, 2008. "International Emission Permit Markets with Refunding," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 08/97, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Dieter Helm & Cameron Hepburn & Richard Mash, 2003.
"Time Inconsistent Environmental Policy and Optimal Delegation,"
Economics Series Working Papers
175, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Richard Mash & Cameron Hepburn & Dieter Helm, 2004. "Time-Inconsistent Environmental Policy And Optimal Delegation," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2004 14, Royal Economic Society.
- repec:oup:jeurec:v:14:y:2016:i:3:p:719-752. is not listed on IDEAS
- Marco Battaglini & Bård Harstad, 2016.
"Participation and Duration of Environmental Agreements,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 124(1), pages 160-204.
- Marco Battaglini & Bård Harstad, 2012. "Participation and Duration of Environmental Agreements," NBER Working Papers 18585, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521700801 is not listed on IDEAS
- Petrakis, Emmanuel & Xepapadeas, Anastasios, 2003. "Location decisions of a polluting firm and the time consistency of environmental policy," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 197-214, May.
- Ciscar, Juan-Carlos & Feyen, Luc & Soria, Antonio & Lavalle, Carlo & Raes, Frank & Perry, Miles & Nemry, Françoise & Demirel, Hande & Rozsai, Máté & Dosio, Alessandro & Donatelli, Marcello & Srivastav, 2014.
"Climate Impacts in Europe - The JRC PESETA II Project,"
55725, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- CISCAR MARTINEZ Juan Carlos & FEYEN Luc & SORIA RAMIREZ Antonio & LAVALLE Carlo & PERRY Miles & RAES Frank & NEMRY Francoise & DEMIREL Hande & RÓZSAI Máté & DOSIO Alessandro & DONATELLI Marcello & SRI, 2014. "Climate Impacts in Europe. The JRC PESETA II Project," JRC Working Papers JRC87011, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Bard Harstad, 2012. "Climate Contracts: A Game of Emissions, Investments, Negotiations, and Renegotiations," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 79(4), pages 1527-1557.
- Barrett, Scott, 1994. "Self-Enforcing International Environmental Agreements," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(0), pages 878-894, Supplemen.
- Gersbach, Hans & Glazer, Amihai, 1999.
"Markets and Regulatory Hold-Up Problems,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 151-164, March.
- Gersbach, Hans & Glazer, Amihai, 1998. "Markets and regulatory hold-up problems," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt9gf9t35g, University of California Transportation Center.
- Gersbach, Hans & Glazer, Amihai, 1999. "Markets and regulatory hold-up problems," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt76f9604n, University of California Transportation Center.
- Daniel Esty, 1994. "Greening the GATT: Trade, Environment, and the Future," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 40, September.
- Judd, Kenneth L., 1985.
"Redistributive taxation in a simple perfect foresight model,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 59-83, October.
- Kenneth L. Judd, 1982. "Redistributive Taxation in a Simple Perfect Foresight Model," Discussion Papers 572, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- D’Amato, Alessio & Dijkstra, Bouwe R., 2015. "Technology choice and environmental regulation under asymmetric information," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 224-247.
- Peter Cramton, Axel, Ockenfels, and Steven Stoft, 2015. "Symposium on "International Climate Negotiations" - Introduction," Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- Jensen, Henrik, 1997. "Credibility of Optimal Monetary Delegation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(5), pages 911-920, December.
- McCallum, Bennett T, 1995.
"Two Fallacies Concerning Central-Bank Independence,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 85(2), pages 207-211, May.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1995. "Two Fallacies Concerning Central Bank Independence," NBER Working Papers 5075, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Helm, Carsten & Schmidt, Robert C., 2015.
"Climate cooperation with technology investments and border carbon adjustment,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 112-130.
- Carsten Helm & C. Schmidt, 2014. "Climate cooperation with technology investments and border carbon adjustment," Working Papers V-371-14, University of Oldenburg, Department of Economics, revised Nov 2014.
- John Whalley & Ben Zissimos, 2002. "An Internalisation‐based World Environmental Organisation," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(5), pages 619-642, May.
- Bård Harstad, 2016.
"The Dynamics Of Climate Agreements,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
European Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 719-752, June.
- G. Grosjean & W. Acworth & C. Flachsland & R. Marschinski, 2016. "After monetary policy, climate policy: is delegation the key to EU ETS reform?," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Chamley, Christophe, 1986. "Optimal Taxation of Capital Income in General Equilibrium with Infinite Lives," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 607-622, May.
- Manuel Amador & Kyle Bagwell, 2013. "The Theory of Optimal Delegation With an Application to Tariff Caps," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 81(4), pages 1541-1599, July.
- Michael Woodford, 2003. "Optimal Interest-Rate Smoothing," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(4), pages 861-886.
- John Driffill & Zeno Rotondi, 2006. "Credibility of Optimal Monetary Delegation: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(4), pages 1361-1366, September.
More about this item
- F53 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - International Agreements and Observance; International Organizations
- H87 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - International Fiscal Issues; International Public Goods
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- Q43 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy and the Macroeconomy
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2017-10-15 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ENE-2017-10-15 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2017-10-15 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-REG-2017-10-15 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:vfsc17:168058. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfsocea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.