Between Life Cycle Model, Labor Market Integration and Discrimination: An Econometric Analysis of the Determinants of Return Migration
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gundel, Sebastian & Peters, Heiko, 2008. "Welche Immigranten kehren Deutschland den Rücken? Eine Paneldatenuntersuchung für Deutschland," IÖB-Diskussionspapiere 2/08, University of Münster, Institute for Economic Education.
- Dustmann, Christian & Kirchkamp, Oliver, 2002.
"The optimal migration duration and activity choice after re-migration,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 351-372, April.
- Dustmann, Christian & Kirchkamp, Oliver, 2000. "The optimal migration duration and activity choice after re-migration," Papers 00-39, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Dustmann, Christian & Kirchkamp, Oliver, 2001. "The Optimal Migration Duration and Activity Choice after Re-migration," IZA Discussion Papers 266, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Dustmann, Christian & Kirchkamp, Oliver, 2000. "The Optimal Migration Duration and Activity Choice after Re-migration," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 00-39, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Dustmann, Christian, 2003.
"Return migration, wage differentials, and the optimal migration duration,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 353-369, April.
- Dustmann, Christian, 2001. "Return Migration, Wage Differentials, and the Optimal Migration Duration," IZA Discussion Papers 264, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Amelie Constant & Douglas S. Massey, 2003.
"Self-selection, earnings, and out-migration: A longitudinal study of immigrants to Germany,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 16(4), pages 631-653, November.
- Constant, Amelie F. & Massey, Douglas S., 2002. "Self-Selection, Earnings, and Out-Migration: A Longitudinal Study of Immigrants to Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 672, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Borjas, George J & Bratsberg, Bernt, 1996. "Who Leaves? The Outmigration of the Foreign-Born," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(1), pages 165-176, February.
- KIrdar, Murat G., 2009.
"Labor market outcomes, savings accumulation, and return migration,"
Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 418-428, August.
- Kirdar, Murat, 2008. "Labor Market Outcomes, Savings Accumulation, and Return Migration," MPRA Paper 7128, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Elke Holst & Andrea Schäfer & Mechthild Schrooten, 2008.
"Bringing Home the Money: Xenophobia and Remittances: The Case of Germany,"
SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research
92, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Elke Holst & Andrea Schäfer & Mechthild Schrooten, 2008. "Bringing Home the Money: Xenophobia and Remittances: The Case of Germany," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 774, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Christian Dustmann, 1999.
"Temporary Migration, Human Capital, and Language Fluency of Migrants,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 101(2), pages 297-314, June.
- Christian Dustmann, 1996. "Temporary Migration, Human capital and Language Fluency of Migrants," Discussion Papers 96-21 ISSN 1350-6722, University College London, Department of Economics.
- Dustmann, Christian, 1996. "Temporary Migration, Human Capital, and Language Fluency of Migrants," CEPR Discussion Papers 1376, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Djajic, Slobodan, 1989. "Migrants in a guest-worker system : A utility maximizing approach," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 327-339, October.
- Hill, John K., 1987. "Immigrant decisions concerning duration of stay and migratory frequency," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 221-234, February.
- Gert Wagner & Jan Göbel & Peter Krause & Rainer Pischner & Ingo Sieber, 2008. "Das Sozio-oekonomische Panel (SOEP): Multidisziplinäres Haushaltspanel und Kohortenstudie für Deutschland – Eine Einführung (für neue Datennutzer) mit einem Ausblick (für erfahrene Anwender)," AStA Wirtschafts- und Sozialstatistisches Archiv, Springer;Deutsche Statistische Gesellschaft - German Statistical Society, vol. 2(4), pages 301-328, December.
- Djajic, Slobodan & Milbourne, Ross, 1988. "A general equilibrium model of guest-worker migration : The source-country perspective," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3-4), pages 335-351, November.
- Sebastian Gundel & Heiko Peters, 2008.
"What determines the duration of stay of immigrants in Germany?: Evidence from a longitudinal duration analysis,"
International Journal of Social Economics,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 35(11), pages 769-782, September.
- Sebastian Gundel & Heiko Peters, 2008. "What Determines the Duration of Stay of Immigrants in Germany?: Evidence from a Longitudinal Duration Analysis," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 79, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Deborah Cobb-Clark & Steven Stillman, 2013. "Return migration and the age profile of retirement among immigrants," IZA Journal of Migration and Development, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 2(1), pages 1-20, December.
More about this item
- C41 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Duration Analysis; Optimal Timing Strategies
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-MIG-2017-02-26 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:vfsc16:145538. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfsocea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.