Globalization and a welfare program for the marginalized
We study the economic relationship between globalization and inequality within a country. In a partial equilibrium it is shown even when the local government exclusively maximizes the welfare of the marginalized (unemployed) people, relative consumption inequality between employed and the marginalized always rises by intensified globalization. However in certain situations the relative income inequality may fall.
|Date of creation:||2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 01062 Dresden|
Phone: ++49 351 463 2196
Fax: ++49 351 463 7739
Web page: http://www.tu-dresden.de/wiwi/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Daniel Cohen, 2007.
"Globalization and Its Enemies,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 0262532972, June.
- Kreickemeier, Udo & Raimondos-Møller, Pascalis, 2006.
"Tariff-Tax Reforms and Market Access,"
06-2006, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics.
- Anders Aslund & Marek Dabrowski, 2008. "Challenges of Globalization: Imbalances and Growth," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 4181.
- Kemnitz, Alexander, 2006. "Immigration, Unemployment and Domestic Welfare," Beiträge zur Finanzwissenschaft, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, edition 1, volume 22, number urn:isbn:9783161489945, June.
- Broll, Udo & Mallick, Rajiv & Wong, Kit Pong, 2001. "International trade and hedging in economies in transition," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 149-159, June.
- Basu, Kaushik, 2005.
"Globalization, Poverty and Inequality: What Is the Relationship? What Can Be Done?,"
Working Paper Series
RP2005/32, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Basu, Kaushik, 2006. "Globalization, poverty, and inequality: What is the relationship? What can be done?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1361-1373, August.
- Basu, Kaushik, 2005. "Globalization, Poverty and Inequality: What Is the Relationship? What Can Be Done?," Working Papers 05-13, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Kaushik Basu, 2010. "Globalization, Poverty and Inequality: What Is the Relationship? What Can Be Done?," Working Papers id:3234, eSocialSciences.
- Sugata Marjit & Vivekananda Mukherjee & Martin Kolmar, 2006. "Poverty, taxation and governance," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 325-333.
- Chris Elbers & Peter Lanjouw & Johan Mistiaen & Berk Özler, 2008. "Reinterpreting between-group inequality," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 231-245, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:tuddps:0509. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.