Ethnic minority self-employment in Germany: Geographical distribution and determinants of regional variation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lundberg, S.J. & Startz, R., 1996.
"Inequality and Race: Models and Policy,"
Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington
96-04, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Shelly Lundberg & Richard Startz, 1998. "Inequality and Race: Models and Policy," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 0067, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Shelly Lundberg & Richard Startz, 1998. "Inequality and Race: Models and Policy," Working Papers 0067, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Lundberg, S.J. & Startz, R., 1996. "Inequality and Race: Models and Policy," Working Papers 96-04, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Fritsch, Michael & Falck, Oliver, .
"New firm formation by industry over space and time: a multi-level analysis for Germany,"
Chapters in Economics,
University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Fritsch, Michael & Falck, Oliver, 2002. "New firm formation by industry over space and time: a multi-level analysis for Germany," ERSA conference papers ersa02p486, European Regional Science Association.
- Amelie Constant & Yochanan Shachmurove & Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2005. "The Role of Turkish Immigrants in Entrepreneurial Activities in Germany," PIER Working Paper Archive 05-029, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Brixy, Udo & Grotz, Reinhold, 2006. "Regional patterns and determinants of new firm formation and survival in western Germany," IAB Discussion Paper 200605, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Edward P. Lazear, 2005. "Entrepreneurship," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 23(4), pages 649-680, October.
- Amelie Constant & Yochanan Shachmurove, 2005. "The comparison of incomes of self-employed and salaried workers among German Nationals and immigrants," PIER Working Paper Archive 05-030, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Amelie Constant & Klaus Zimmermann, 2006.
"The Making of Entrepreneurs in Germany: Are Native Men and Immigrants Alike?,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 279-300, April.
- Constant, Amelie F. & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2004. "The Making of Entrepreneurs in Germany: Are Native Men and Immigrants Alike?," IZA Discussion Papers 1440, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michael Fritsch & Oliver Falck, 2003. "New Firm Formation by Industry over Space and Time: A Multi-Level Analysis," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 322, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Joachim Wagner & Rolf Sternberg, 2004. "Start-up activities, individual characteristics, and the regional milieu: Lessons for entrepreneurship support policies from German micro data," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 38(2), pages 219-240, June.
- Clark, Kenneth & Drinkwater, Stephen, 2000. "Pushed out or pulled in? Self-employment among ethnic minorities in England and Wales," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 603-628, September.
- Belaid Rettab & Belaid Rettab, 2001. "The Emergence of ethnic entrepreneurship: a conceptual framework," Scales Research Reports H200103, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Sahin, Mediha & Nijkamp, Peter & Baycan-Levent, Tuzin, 2006. "Migrant Entrepreneurship from the Perspective of Cultural Diversity," Serie Research Memoranda 0016, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Naudé, Wim & Siegel, Melissa & Marchand, Katrin, 2015.
"Migration, Entrepreneurship and Development: A Critical Review,"
IZA Discussion Papers
9284, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Naudé, Wim & Siegel, Melissa & Marchand, Katrin, 2015. "Migration, entrepreneurship and development: A critical review," MERIT Working Papers 033, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Claudio Mancilla & Yancy Vaillant & Esteban Lafuente, 2011. "HOW ENTREPRENEURIALLY INFLUENTIAL SOCIAL TRAITS AFFECT BUSINESS CREATION AMONGST RURAL IMMIGRANTS: Evidence from Spain," ERSA conference papers ersa10p1464, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
KeywordsEthnic Minority Business; Entrepreneurship; Germany; Count Data Model;
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:roswps:100. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ivrosde.html .