Migrant Entrepreneurship from the Perspective of Cultural Diversity
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- De Wit, Gerrit & Van Winden, Frans A. A. M., 1990.
"An empirical analysis of self-employment in the Netherlands,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 97-100, January.
- De Wit, G. & Winden, F., 1989. "An Empirical Analysis Of Self-Employment In The Netherlands," Papers 89.02, NEUHUYS - RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR SMALL AND MEDIUM.
- Lorraine Uhlaner & Roy Thurik, 2004.
"Post-Materialism: A Cultural Factor Influencing Total Entrepreneurial Activ-ity Across Nations,"
Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy
2004-07, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Roy Thurik & Lorraine Uhlaner, 2004. "Post-Materialism: A Cultural Factor influencing Total Entrepreneurial Activity across Nations," Scales Research Reports N200321, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Roy Thurik & Sander Wennekers & Ingrid Verheul & David Audretsch, 2001.
"An eclectic theory of entrepreneurship: policies, institutions and culture,"
Scales Research Reports
H200012, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Ingrid Verheul & Sander Wennekers & David Audretsch & Roy Thurik, 2001. "An Eclectic Theory of Entrepreneurship: Policies, Institutions and Culture," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 01-030/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Levent, T.B. & Masurel, E. & Nijkamp, P., 2002.
"Diversity in entrepreneurship: ethnic and female roles in irban economic life,"
Serie Research Memoranda
0032, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Tuzin Baycan Levent & Enno Masurel & Peter Nijkamp, 2003. "Diversity in Entrepreneurship: Ethnic and Female Roles in Urban Economic Life," Working Papers 2003.15, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Hadewijch van Delft & Cees Gorter & Peter Nijkamp, 2000.
"In search of ethnic entrepreneurship opportunities in the city: a comparative policy study,"
Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 18(4), pages 429-451, August.
- Hadewijch van Delft & Cees Gorter & Peter Nijkamp, 2000. "In Search of Ethnic Entrepreneurship Opportunities in the City: A Comparative Policy Study," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 18(4), pages 429-451, August.
- Hadewijch van Delft & Cees Gorter & Peter Nijkamp, 1999. "In Search of Ethnic Entrepreneurship Opportunities in the City - A Comparative Policy Study," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 99-059/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Sahin, Mediha & Rietdijk, Marius & Nijkamp, Peter, 2006. "Ethnic employees’ behaviour vis-a-vis customers in the service sector," Serie Research Memoranda 0002, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Anisya S Thomas & Stephen L Mueller, 2000. "A Case for Comparative Entrepreneurship: Assessing the Relevance of Culture," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 31(2), pages 287-301, June.
- Peter Nijkamp & Mediha Sahin & Marius Rietdijk, 2006. "Ethnic Employeesâ€™ Behaviour Vis-a-Vis Customers in the Service Sector," ERSA conference papers ersa06p903, European Regional Science Association.
- Belaid Rettab & Belaid Rettab, 2001. "The Emergence of ethnic entrepreneurship: a conceptual framework," Scales Research Reports H200103, EIM Business and Policy Research.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bruder, Jana & Räthke-Döppner, Solvig, 2008. "Ethnic minority self-employment in Germany: Geographical distribution and determinants of regional variation," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 100, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Nijkamp, P. & Sahin, M., 2009. "Performance indicators of urban migrant entrepreneurship in the netherlands," Serie Research Memoranda 0034, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
More about this item
KeywordsEntrepreneurship; Migrant entrepreneurship; Cultural diversity;
- A13 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Social Values
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BEC-2006-10-07 (Business Economics)
- NEP-ENT-2006-10-07 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-HRM-2006-10-07 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vua:wpaper:2006-16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (R. Dam). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fewvunl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.