A process-oriented framework for the evaluation of managerial support systems
We propose a new method for evaluating the benefits of decision-oriented information systems. This method is based on a detailed analysis of decision processes. Using prescriptive decision theory, correct results are established for different sub-phases of the process and possible deviations from these results are analyzed. Systems are then evaluated according to their contribution to the elimination of such errors.
|Date of creation:||1993|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: D-78457 Konstanz|
Phone: +49 7531 88 2314
Web page: http://www.wiwi.uni-konstanz.de/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Desanctis, Gerardine & Jarvenpaa, Sirkka L., 1989. "Graphical presentation of accounting data for financial forecasting: An experimental investigation," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 14(5-6), pages 509-525, October.
- Kydd, C. T., 1989. "Cognitive biases in the use of computer-based decision support systems," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 335-344.
- Ramesh Sharda & Steve H. Barr & James C. McDonnell, 1988. "Decision Support System Effectiveness: A Review and an Empirical Test," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(2), pages 139-159, February.
- Blake Ives & Margrethe H. Olson, 1984. "User Involvement and MIS Success: A Review of Research," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(5), pages 586-603, May.
- Brian L. Dos Santos & Martin L. Bariff, 1988. "A Study of User Interface Aids for Model-Oriented Decision Support Systems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(4), pages 461-468, April.
- Swanson, E Burton, 1982. "Measuring user attitudes in MIS research: a review," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 157-165.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:kondp1:264. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.