Crowdsourced innovation: How community managers affect crowd activities
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kevin J. Boudreau & Karim R. Lakhani & Michael Menietti, 2016.
"Performance responses to competition across skill levels in rank-order tournaments: field evidence and implications for tournament design,"
RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 47(1), pages 140-165, February.
- Kevin J. Boudreau & Karim R. Lakhani & Michael Menietti, "undated". "Performance Responses to Competition across Skill-Levels in Rank Order Tournaments: Field Evidence and Implications for Tournament Design," Working Paper 126971, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Sanjiv Erat & Vish Krishnan, 2012. "Managing Delegated Search Over Design Spaces," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(3), pages 606-623, March.
- Michael Kosfeld & Susanne Neckermann, 2011.
"Getting More Work for Nothing? Symbolic Awards and Worker Performance,"
American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 3(3), pages 86-99, August.
- Kosfeld, Michael & Neckermann, Susanne, 2010. "Getting More Work for Nothing? Symbolic Awards and Worker Performance," IZA Discussion Papers 5040, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Michael Kirchler & Stefan Palan, 2018.
"Immaterial and monetary gifts in economic transactions: evidence from the field,"
Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 21(1), pages 205-230, March.
- Michael Kirchler & Stefan Palan, 2016. "Immaterial and monetary gifts in economic transactions. Evidence from the field," Working Papers 2016-12, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Michael Kirchler & Stefan Palan, 2016. "Immaterial and Monetary Gifts in Economic Transactions - Evidence from the Field," Working Paper Series, Social and Economic Sciences 2016-01, Faculty of Social and Economic Sciences, Karl-Franzens-University Graz.
- Robert Dur, 2009.
"Gift Exchange in The Workplace: Money or Attention?,"
Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 7(2-3), pages 550-560, 04-05.
- Dur, Robert, 2008. "Gift Exchange in the Workplace: Money or Attention?," IZA Discussion Papers 3839, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Baldwin, Carliss & Hienerth, Christoph & von Hippel, Eric, 2006. "How user innovations become commercial products: A theoretical investigation and case study," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 1291-1313, November.
- Kevin J. Boudreau & Nicola Lacetera & Karim R. Lakhani, 2011. "Incentives and Problem Uncertainty in Innovation Contests: An Empirical Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(5), pages 843-863, May.
- Christiane Bradler & Susanne Neckermann, 2019.
"The Magic of the Personal Touch: Field Experimental Evidence on Money and Appreciation as Gifts,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 121(3), pages 1189-1221, July.
- Christiane Bradler & Susanne Neckermann, 2016. "The Magic of the Personal Touch: Field Experimental Evidence on Money and Appreciation as Gifts," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 16-045/VII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Haefliger, Stefan & Jäger, Peter & von Krogh, Georg, 2010. "Under the radar: Industry entry by user entrepreneurs," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1198-1213, November.
- de Jong, Jeroen P.J. & von Hippel, Eric & Gault, Fred & Kuusisto, Jari & Raasch, Christina, 2015. "Market failure in the diffusion of consumer-developed innovations: Patterns in Finland," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(10), pages 1856-1865.
- Hornuf, Lars & Schwienbacher, Armin, 2018. "Market mechanisms and funding dynamics in equity crowdfunding," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 556-574.
- Ernest Miguelez & Ufuk Akcigit & Stefanie Stantcheva & Valerio Sterzi & Santiago Caicedo, 2018.
"Dancing with the Stars: Innovation Through Interactions,"
- Ufuk Akcigit & Santiago Caicedo & Ernest Miguelez & Stefanie Stantcheva & Valerio Sterzi, 2018. "Dancing with the Stars: Innovation Through Interactions," NBER Working Papers 24466, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Akcigit, Ufuk & Caicedo Soler, Santiago & Miguelez, Ernest & Stantcheva, Stefanie & Sterzi, Valerio, 2018. "Dancing with the Stars: Innovation through Interactions," CEPR Discussion Papers 12819, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Darren W. Dahl & Christoph Fuchs & Martin Schreier, 2015. "Why and When Consumers Prefer Products of User-Driven Firms: A Social Identification Account," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 61(8), pages 1978-1988, August.
- Schemmann, Brita & Herrmann, Andrea M. & Chappin, Maryse M.H. & Heimeriks, Gaston J., 2016. "Crowdsourcing ideas: Involving ordinary users in the ideation phase of new product development," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(6), pages 1145-1154.
- Robert Dur, 2008. "Gift Exchange in the Workplace: Money or Attention?," CESifo Working Paper Series 2496, CESifo.
- Barry L. Bayus, 2013. "Crowdsourcing New Product Ideas over Time: An Analysis of the Dell IdeaStorm Community," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 59(1), pages 226-244, June.
More about this item
Keywordscrowdsourcing; open innovation; crowdsourced innovation; crowdworking; ideation; managerial attention;
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
- M54 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Personnel Economics - - - Labor Management
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ICT-2018-08-27 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-INO-2018-08-27 (Innovation)
- NEP-LMA-2018-08-27 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-PAY-2018-08-27 (Payment Systems & Financial Technology)
- NEP-URE-2018-08-27 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:iwhdps:132018. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iwhhhde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.