Technical and economic efficiency of Russian corporate farms: the case of the Moscow region
[Determinatnten der technischen und ökonomischen Effizienz von landwirtschaftlichen Betrieben in Russland: Der Oblast Moskau]
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Svetlov, Nikolai M. & Hockmann, Heinrich, 2005. "Technical And Economic Efficiency Of Russian Corporate Farms: The Case Of The Moscow Region," IAMO Discussion Papers 14922, Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO).
References listed on IDEAS
- Léopold Simar & Paul W. Wilson, 1998.
"Sensitivity Analysis of Efficiency Scores: How to Bootstrap in Nonparametric Frontier Models,"
Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(1), pages 49-61, January.
- SIMAR, Léopold & WILSON, Paul, 1995. "Sensitivity Analysis to Efficiency Scores : How to Bootstrap in Nonparametric Frontier Models," LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE 1995043, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Simar, L. & Wilson, P.W., 1998. "Sensitivity analysis of efficiency scores: how to bootstrap in nonparametric frontier models," LIDAM Reprints CORE 1304, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Sedik, David & Trueblood, Michael & Arnade, Carlos, 1999. "Corporate Farm Performance in Russia, 1991-1995: An Efficiency Analysis," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 514-533, September.
- Lerman, Zvi & Shagaida, Natalya, 2005.
"Land Reform and Development of Agricultural Land Markets in Russia,"
2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI
19461, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Lerman, Zvi & Shagaida, Natalya, 2005. "Land Reform and Development of Agricultural Land Markets in Russia," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24604, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Lerman, Zvi & Shagaida, Natalya, 2005. "Land Reform And Development Of Agricultural Land Markets In Russia," Discussion Papers 15004, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Department of Agricultural Economics and Management.
- Nikolai Svetlov, 2001. "Econometric application of linear programming: a model of Russian large-scale farm (the case of the Moscow Region)," Econometrics 0112002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Epstein & Peter Tillack, 1999. "How Russian Agricultural Enterprises Are Surviving: The Financial Status of Large Agricultural Enterprises in the St. Petersburg Region," Eastern European Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(5), pages 52-92, October.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Valdmanis, Vivian, 1992. "Sensitivity analysis for DEA models : An empirical example using public vs. NFP hospitals," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 185-205, July.
- Vasilii Uzun, 2005. "Large and Small Business in Russian Agriculture: Adaptation to Market," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 47(1), pages 85-100, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ramanovich, Mikhail, 2010. "Zur Bestimmung der Wettbewerbsfähigkeit des weißrussischen Milchsektors: Aussagefähigkeit von Wettbewerbsindikatoren und Entwicklung eines kohärenten Messungskonzepts," Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Transition Economies, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO), volume 53, number 94739.
- Svetlov, Nikolai M., 2007. "Corporate farm size determinants in transitional economy: the case of the Moscow region," 102nd Seminar, May 17-18, 2007, Moscow, Russia 10017, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Heinrich Hockmann & Michael Kopsidis, 2007. "What Kind of Technological Change for Russian Agriculture? The Transition Crisis of 1991-2005 from the Induced Innovation Theory Perspective," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 35-52.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Hockmann, Heinrich & Svetlov, Nikolai M., 2006. "Factors Constraining Efficiency of Russian Corporate Farms: The Case of the Moscow Region," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25439, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Jesús T. Pastor & JosÉ L. Ruiz & Inmaculada Sirvent, 2002. "A Statistical Test for Nested Radial Dea Models," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 50(4), pages 728-735, August.
- Halkos, George & Tzeremes, Nickolaos, 2010. "Performance evaluation using bootstrapping DEA techniques: Evidence from industry ratio analysis," MPRA Paper 25072, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Varabyova, Yauheniya & Schreyögg, Jonas, 2013. "International comparisons of the technical efficiency of the hospital sector: Panel data analysis of OECD countries using parametric and non-parametric approaches," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 70-79.
- L Cherchye & W Moesen & N Rogge & T Van Puyenbroeck & M Saisana & A Saltelli & R Liska & S Tarantola, 2008.
"Creating composite indicators with DEA and robustness analysis: the case of the Technology Achievement Index,"
Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 59(2), pages 239-251, February.
- Laurens Cherchye & Wim Moesen & Nicky Rogge & Tom Van Puyenbroeck & Michaela Saisana & A. Saltelli & R. Liska & S. Tarantola, 2006. "Creating Composite Indicators with DEA and Robustness Analysis: the case of the Technology Achievement Index," Public Economics Working Paper Series ces0613, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën, Working Group Public Economics.
- Hallsteinli, Vidar & Kittelsen, Sverre AC & Magnussen, Jon, 2009. "Scale, efficiency and organization in Norwegian psychiatric outpatient clinics for children," HERO Online Working Paper Series 2001:8, University of Oslo, Health Economics Research Programme.
- Christian Growitsch & Tooraj Jamasb & Christine Müller & Matthias Wissner, 2016.
"Social Cost Efficient Service Quality: Integrating Customer Valuation in Incentive Regulation—Evidence from the Case of Norway,"
International Series in Operations Research & Management Science, in: Joe Zhu (ed.), Data Envelopment Analysis, chapter 0, pages 71-91,
- Growitsch, Christian & Jamasb, Tooraj & Müller, Christine & Wissner, Matthias, 2010. "Social cost-efficient service quality--Integrating customer valuation in incentive regulation: Evidence from the case of Norway," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 2536-2544, May.
- Franz R. Hahn, 2007. "Determinants of Bank Efficiency in Europe. Assessing Bank Performance Across Markets," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 31499.
- George Halkos & Roman Matousek & Nickolaos Tzeremes, 2016. "Pre-evaluating technical efficiency gains from possible mergers and acquisitions: evidence from Japanese regional banks," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 46(1), pages 47-77, January.
- Cherchye, L. & Post, G.T., 2001. "Methodological Advances in Dea," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2001-53-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Michaelides, Panayotis G. & Vouldis, Angelos T. & Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2010. "Globally flexible functional forms: The neural distance function," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 206(2), pages 456-469, October.
- H Fukuyama & W L Weber, 2009. "Estimating indirect allocative inefficiency and productivity change," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 60(11), pages 1594-1608, November.
- María Victoria Uribe‐Bohorquez & Jennifer Martínez‐Ferrero & Isabel‐María García‐Sánchez, 2019. "Women on boards and efficiency in a business‐orientated environment," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 26(1), pages 82-96, January.
- Pontus Mattsson & Jonas Månsson & Christian Andersson & Fredrik Bonander, 2018. "A bootstrapped Malmquist index applied to Swedish district courts," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 46(1), pages 109-139, August.
- Aurélie Corne & Olga Goncalves & Nicolas Peypoch, 2020. "Evaluating the performance drivers of French ski resorts: A hierarchical approach," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 41(3), pages 389-405, April.
- Fadzlan Sufian & Fakarudin Kamarudin, 2014. "The impact of ownership structure on bank productivity and efficiency: Evidence from semi-parametric Malmquist Productivity Index," Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 1-27, December.
- Zijiang Yang & Xiaogang Wang & Dongming Sun, 2010. "Using the bootstrap method to detect influential DMUs in data envelopment analysis," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 173(1), pages 89-103, January.
- Alessandra Cepparulo & Gilles Mourre, 2020. "How and How Much? The Growth-Friendliness of Public Spending through the Lens," European Economy - Discussion Papers 2015 - 132, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Yung‐ho Chiu & Tai‐Yu Lin & Tzu‐Han Chang & Yi‐Nuo Lin & Shih‐Yung Chiu, 2021. "Prevaluating efficiency gains from potential mergers and acquisitions in the financial industry with the Resample Past–Present–Future data envelopment analysis approach," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 42(2), pages 369-384, March.
- Forsund, Finn R. & Sarafoglou, Nikias, 2005.
"The tale of two research communities: The diffusion of research on productive efficiency,"
International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 17-40, October.
- Førsund, Finn R. & Sarafoglou, Nikias, 2003. "The Tale of two Research Communities: The Diffusion of Research on Productive Efficiency," Memorandum 08/2003, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Finn R. Førsund & Nikias Sarafoglou, 2005. "The Tale of Two research Communities: The Diffusion of Research on Productive Efficiency," Department of Economics University of Siena 446, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
More about this item
KeywordsTechnical inefficiency; allocative inefficiency; Data Envelopment Analysis; Moscow region; transitional economy; Technische Ineffizienz; Allokative Ineffizienz; Data Envelopment Analysis; Region Moskau; Transformationsländer;
All these keywords.
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:iamodp:14922. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iamoode.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iamoode.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.