Does the 4th estate deliver? Towards a more direct measure of political media bias
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ralf Dewenter & Uwe Dulleck & Tobias Thomas, 2016. "Does the 4th Estate Deliver? Towards a More Direct Measure of Political Media Bias," NCER Working Paper Series 116, National Centre for Econometric Research.
- Dewenter, Ralf & Dulleck, Uwe & Thomas, Tobias, 2016. "Does the 4th estate deliver? Towards more direct measure of political media bias," Working Paper 175/2016, Helmut Schmidt University, Hamburg.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gambaro, Marco & Puglisi, Riccardo, 2015.
"What do ads buy? Daily coverage of listed companies on the Italian press,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 41-57.
- Marco Gambaro and Riccardo Puglisi, 2010. "What Do Ads Buy? Daily Coverage of Listed Companies on the Italian Press," RSCAS Working Papers 2010/26, European University Institute.
- Thomas Eisensee & David Strömberg, 2007. "News Droughts, News Floods, and U. S. Disaster Relief," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 122(2), pages 693-728.
- Garz, Marcel, 2013. "Unemployment expectations, excessive pessimism, and news coverage," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 156-168.
- Rodrigo Taborda, 2013. "Bias in Economic News: The Reporting of Nominal Exchange Rate Behavior in Colombia," Economía Journal, The Latin American and Caribbean Economic Association - LACEA, vol. 0(Fall 2013), pages 103-153, August.
- Marco GAMBARO & Riccardo PUGLISI, 2009. "What do ads buy? Daily coverage of listed companies on the Italian press," Departmental Working Papers 2009-36, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Marcel Garz, 2012. "Job Insecurity Perceptions and Media Coverage of Labor Market Policy," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 528-544, December.
- Marcel Garz, 2014. "Good news and bad news: evidence of media bias in unemployment reports," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 161(3), pages 499-515, December.
- Tim Groseclose & Jeffrey Milyo, 2005. "A Measure of Media Bias," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 120(4), pages 1191-1237.
- Jonathan Reuter & Eric Zitzewitz, 2006.
"Do Ads Influence Editors? Advertising and Bias in the Financial Media,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 121(1), pages 197-227.
- Jonathan Reuter & Eric Zitzewitz, 2005. "Do Ads Influence Editors? Advertising and Bias in the Financial Media," Finance 0501003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:pubeco:v:153:y:2017:i:c:p:82-91 is not listed on IDEAS
- Beckmann, Klaus B., 2017. "Bounded rationality in differential games," Working Paper 178/2017, Helmut Schmidt University, Hamburg.
- Bonnet, Céline & Schain, Jan Philip, 2017.
"An empirical analysis of mergers: Efficiency gains and impact on consumer prices,"
DICE Discussion Papers
244, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Bonnet, Céline & Schain, Jan Philip, 2017. "An Empirical Analysis of Mergers: Efficiency Gains and Impact on Consumer Prices," TSE Working Papers 17-765, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Garz, Marcel & Sörensen, Jil, 2017.
"Politicians under investigation: The news Media's effect on the likelihood of resignation,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 153(C), pages 82-91.
- Sörensen, Jil & Garz, Marcel, 2016. "Politicians under Investigation: The News Media’s Effect on the Likelihood of Resignation," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145531, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Bantle, Melissa & Muijs, Matthias, 2018. "A new price test in geographic market definition – an application to german retail gasoline market," Working Paper 180/2018, Helmut Schmidt University, Hamburg.
More about this item
Keywordsmedia bias; governmental capture; index;
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- L82 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Entertainment; Media
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:dicedp:235. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diduede.html .