The impact of taxes on competition for CEOs
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Carola Frydman & Raven E. Saks, 2010.
"Executive Compensation: A New View from a Long-Term Perspective, 1936--2005,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(5), pages 2099-2138.
- Carola Frydman & Raven E. Saks, 2007. "Executive compensation: a new view from a long-term perspective, 1936-2005," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2007-35, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Carola Frydman & Raven E. Saks, 2008. "Executive Compensation: A New View from a Long-Term Perspective, 1936-2005," NBER Working Papers 14145, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Xavier Gabaix & Augustin Landier, 2008. "Why has CEO Pay Increased So Much?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 123(1), pages 49-100.
- Frydman, Carola & Molloy, Raven S., 2011.
"Does tax policy affect executive compensation? Evidence from postwar tax reforms,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(11), pages 1425-1437.
- Carola Frydman & Raven S. Molloy, 2009. "Does tax policy affect executive compensation? evidence from postwar tax reforms," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2009-30, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Carola Frydman & Raven S. Molloy, 2011. "Does Tax Policy Affect Executive Compensation? Evidence from Postwar Tax Reforms," NBER Working Papers 16812, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter Katuscák, 2009. "Taxes and Executive Compensation: Evidence from the 1990s," CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 55(3-4), pages 542-568.
- Kevin J. Murphy & Ján Zábojník, 2004. "CEO Pay and Appointments: A Market-Based Explanation for Recent Trends," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(2), pages 192-196, May.
- Rainer Niemann, 2008. "The Effects of Differential Taxation on Managerial Effort and Risk Taking," FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 64(3), pages 273-310, September.
- Holmstrom, Bengt & Milgrom, Paul, 1987.
"Aggregation and Linearity in the Provision of Intertemporal Incentives,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 303-328, March.
- Bengt Holmstrom & Paul R. Milgrom, 1985. "Aggregation and Linearity in the Provision of Intertemporal Incentives," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 742, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Alex Edmans & Xavier Gabaix & Augustin Landier, 2009. "A Multiplicative Model of Optimal CEO Incentives in Market Equilibrium," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(12), pages 4881-4917, December.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1981. "The Economics of Superstars," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 845-858, December.
More about this item
KeywordsCEO; taxes; competition for talents; skilled human resources;
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- H24 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Personal Income and Other Nonbusiness Taxes and Subsidies
- H25 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Business Taxes and Subsidies
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J33 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Compensation Packages; Payment Methods
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-07-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-HRM-2015-07-11 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-PUB-2015-07-11 (Public Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:arqudp:190. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://www.arqus.info/ .