Socio-demographic determinants of planning suicide and marijuana use among youths: are these patterns of behaviour causally related?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ana Isabel Gil & Jose Alberto Molina, 2007. "Human development and alcohol abuse in adolescence," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(10), pages 1315-1323.
- David M. Cutler & Edward L. Glaeser & Karen E. Norberg, 2001.
"Explaining the Rise in Youth Suicide,"
NBER Chapters,in: Risky Behavior among Youths: An Economic Analysis, pages 219-270
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David M. Cutler & Edward Glaeser & Karen Norberg, 2000. "Explaining the Rise in Youth Suicide," NBER Working Papers 7713, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David M. Cutler & Edward L. Glaeser & Karen E. Norberg, 2001. "Explaining the Rise in Youth Suicide," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1917, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- J. J. Escario & J. A. Molina, 2004. "Will a special tax on tobacco reduce lung cancer mortality? Evidence for EU countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(15), pages 1717-1722.
- Escario, Jose Julian & Molina, Jose Alberto, 2004. "Modeling the optimal fiscal policy on tobacco consumption," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 81-93, January.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2001:91:1:150-153_2 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2001:91:5:742-752_4 is not listed on IDEAS
- John Mullahy, 1997. "Instrumental-Variable Estimation Of Count Data Models: Applications To Models Of Cigarette Smoking Behavior," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(4), pages 586-593, November.
- Vijay K. Mathur & Donald G. Freeman, 2002. "A theoretical model of adolescent suicide and some evidence from US data," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(8), pages 695-708.
- José -Alberto Molina & Rosa Duarte, 2006. "Suicide Attempts Among Adolescents," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 65(2), pages 407-434, April.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1993:83:2:179-184_4 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2001:91:8:1276-1281_7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fred Pampel, 1996. "Cohort size and age-specific suicide rates: A contingent relationship," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 33(3), pages 341-355, August.
- Smith, Richard J & Blundell, Richard W, 1986. "An Exogeneity Test for a Simultaneous Equation Tobit Model with an Application to Labor Supply," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 679-685, May.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1978. "The Estimation of a Simultaneous Equation Generalized Probit Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(5), pages 1193-1205, September.
- Rosa Duarte & Jose-Julian Escario & Jose-Alberto Molina, 2011. "'Me, my classmates and my buddies': analysing peer group effects on student marijuana consumption," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 89-105.
- Duarte, Rosa & Escario, Jose Julian & Molina, Jose Alberto, 2006. "Marijuana consumption and school failure among Spanish students," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 472-481, October.
More about this item
KeywordsSocio-Demographic determinants; Planning suicide; Marijuana use; Youths; Causality;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-09-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2013-09-26 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-HEA-2013-09-26 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zar:wpaper:dt2013-03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vicente Pinilla). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fezares.html .