Possibility and permissibility
We generalize permissibility (Brandenburger, 1992) to allow for any suitably defined model of preference and definition of possibility. We also prove that the generalized solution concept characterizes rationality, caution, and “common belief" of rationality and caution.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 4700 Keele Street, Toronto, Ontario, M3J 1P3|
Phone: (416) 736-5083
Fax: (416) 736-5987
Web page: http://dept.econ.yorku.ca/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:4:y:2006:i:37:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mark J. Machina & David Schmeidler, 1990.
"A More Robust Definition of Subjective Probability,"
Discussion Paper Serie A
306, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Machina, Mark J & Schmeidler, David, 1992. "A More Robust Definition of Subjective Probability," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(4), pages 745-80, July.
- Machina,Mark & Schmeidler,David, 1991. "A more robust definition of subjective probability," Discussion Paper Serie A 365, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Adam Brandenburger & Amanda Friedenberg & H. Jerome Keisler, 2014.
"Admissibility in Games,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,
in: The Language of Game Theory Putting Epistemics into the Mathematics of Games, chapter 7, pages 161-212
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- D. Pearce, 2010. "Rationalizable Strategic Behavior and the Problem of Perfection," Levine's Working Paper Archive 523, David K. Levine.
- Gilboa,Itzhak, 2009.
"Theory of Decision under Uncertainty,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521517324, june. pag.
- Kin Chung Lo, 1999.
"Nash equilibrium without mutual knowledge of rationality,"
Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 14(3), pages 621-633.
- Kin Chung Lo, 1995. "Nash Equilibrium without Mutual Knowledge of Rationality," Working Papers ecpap-95-04, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Lo, Kin Chung, 2005. "More likely than unlikely," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 39-53, January.
- Daniel Ellsberg, 2000. "Risk, Ambiguity and the Savage Axioms," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7605, David K. Levine.
- Epstein, Larry G., 1997. "Preference, Rationalizability and Equilibrium," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 1-29, March.
- Drew Fudenberg & Eddie Dekel, 1987.
"Rational Behavior with Payoff Uncertainty,"
471, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- T. Börgers, 2010.
"Weak Dominance and Approximate Common Knowledge,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
378, David K. Levine.
- Mukerji, S., 1995. "A theory of play for games in strategic form when rationality is not common knowledge," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9519, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Pearce, David G, 1984. "Rationalizable Strategic Behavior and the Problem of Perfection," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(4), pages 1029-50, July.
- Matthew J. Ryan, 2002. "What do uncertainty-averse decision-makers believe?," Economic Theory, Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 20(1), pages 47-65.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:yca:wpaper:2009_01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Support)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Support to update the entry or send us the correct email address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.